The Date - any reasons why you picked that certain day?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
    When I asked my mom why she chose the date she did - well she said it was the only date available during her week off of school... but that's besides the point. She liked the idea of making an insignificant day special. I liked that idea too! Plus, now I get even more special days!!!
    agreed - i like our wedding date to be special on it's own. i would have picked a date like our first date or the day we met or something, we just don't know those. i am SO not an "anniversary" person when you're dating - lol. i wouldn't want our wedding date to be shared with a birthday or any other holiday - since something always would have to be compromised - either the birthday or the wedding anniversary!

#22 LisaG

• VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

We picked 8/3/07 because we were wanting to get married right before school started again (for my nephews)....and after everyone's normal summer events.

We picked a Friday because we went to a wedding in PDC in July, on a Saturday, and everyone had to leave to come home the next morning, and we wanted everyone to have a chance in enjoy/relax the day before they had to go home.

#23 NATASHA

• 646 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:09 AM

This thread made me chuckle.

We got a lot of credit from our guests for having picked Veteran's Day (it made things very easy for everyone who had kids, etc.).

Truth is - we had no idea. We were shooting for September - then October - nothing available? Ok - anything in November? Great.

Worked out well - though - weather was great, too. Plus - 11/11/11 will be our 5 year anniversary. Makes it easy to remember (sometimes I forget how old I am so I have to actually do the math - sad, I know).
        Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users