Talk to me about Tarot Cards...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

I know that this is silly but......

Yesterday a friend and I were having drinks at this place and there was a tarot card reader. At first we were like ha ha- and next think you know I;m shelling out $25 for 15 mins.

I always try to take these things with a grain of salt but she was REALLY EERILY on with several aspects of my life. There were several moments where she would pause and say "ok, I'm just going to tell you what the cards are saying.." and then drop a little bomb like

lady: you guys are getting married right?
    me: yea
    lady: not this year though right?
    me: may 2009
    lady: oh you have a date picked? hmm I'm getting some ambiguity. Like he's feeling confused and a lot of pressure. If the date gets changed don't freak out just go with it. This man is darling and he absolutely adores you. This isn't an issue about you it's timing.

I mean I laughed because what groom doesn't feel pressure I guess... but... I don't know I feel a little funny. I talked to Fi about it last night. I'm being a little crazy right?

#2 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

I used to read tarot cards just for fun (I was in high school).

I don't know what to tell you. Personally I'm not a big believer in that stuff. I mean I think people can possess the ability to sense things, but tarot cards, psychics in the malls, etc... it's just parlor tricks in my opinion. I wouldn't give it too much thought. It's a pretty general statement that can be applied to almost any guy.. or any person getting married!

#3 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

I agree with Jessica. Besides, you have the coolest wedding date ever, so it can't change!

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

Ha ha, I just noticed that Jessica was a May 23rd bride too. Weird...

#5 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:42 PM

And then there's that whole theory about bringing things upon yourself if you think about it enough or too much? I dunno....don't really believe in reading cards to predict anything. I do agree about some people having a sense for certain things.

#6 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kristy!
              Ha ha, I just noticed that Jessica was a May 23rd bride too. Weird...
              LOL! I didn't notice you girls were May 23rd. That is funny. It's an AWESOME date!

#7 dainanewell

dainanewell
              • 203 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:32 PM

Dont stress...I went to a tarot card reader 6 years ago and she said I was going to be married before I turn 21....I'm now 24....so as you can see it didn't happen...lol....i think the more you stress about it then the more it will come true because you will be second guessing you FI and he might start thinking it's true...dont worry you'll be getting married may 23 2009.... :)

#8 Emily&Matt

Emily&Matt
                • 144 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

I wouldn't put any stock at all in what they say. It's like the horoscope - it's so generic and they go fishing for hints then make stuff up. Whatever.

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

My Mom went to a palm reader/psychic/whatever a long time ago and told me of her experience. They had never met, but she knew that she had 3 daughters, all with blond hair and green eyes (we all do which is weird considering we all have different dads with dark hair). She also read that her life line was short. Well, she passed away at the age of 52 so I'd say this lady was eerily on the money...

I've always wanted to go to one of these places (even if just for fun!).

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#10 Karen

Karen
                    • 1,308 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, I really wouldn't worry about any of this. I think psychics can act as guides but ultimately you are the designer of your fate.
                      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users