October Rain in Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic

• 254 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

Hi All!

We are getting married on October 2, 2009 at 5pm at the Excellence Riviera Cancun. I know October is a rainy month in RM but that is a good time for our schedules. No one can predict the weather, but is the chance of rain less at the end of the month since it's closer to November? We'd consider pushing our date back to later in the month if so. Any previous October Riviera Maya brides have issues with rain

#2 lenabean630

• 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

I am also getting married at the Excellnece in October and that is a great question!

#3 Davematthews16

• Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

Mexico Weather & Mexico Seasons @ Mexico Travel 101 Guide.

September, October, November are the rainy months. We all run the risk of rain, so don't worry too much just make sure you have a GOOD back-up location at your hotel in case it does down-pour. I don't think it really makes a difference between Oct and Nov. cause they are both more rainy. I would just cross your fingers and think positive! Do a "no rain" dance. :)

#4 Mystic

• 254 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

We will just have to hope for the best I guess! I wanted to change the date to a different month but my FI is so against it. He thinks I worry too much! I went to Playa Del Carmen about 5 years ago in February and it was cold and rainy for the whole week so you just never know. We definately will be doing the "no rain" dance!

#5 ash0628

• 83 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

I am getting married in October in cancun and I am praying for the best !

#6 MomentsThatMatter

• Vendor
            • 2,015 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

The weather will be the weather and there is nothing you can do about it. Most times its says rain... it doesn't last that long anyway. Funny thing... I've been to a few outdoor weddings now and its surprising how the sun always seems to make its way out!
              Best of luck! Remember... keep your chin up and laugh at whatever comes your way... the weather won't matter.
              Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
              Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
              Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
              Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/

#7 photographerShay

• 33 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

I'm getting married Sept 24th so I'll be doing the no rain dance with you. I went to Playa del Carmen in 2001 during Sept, and although it rained one day, it would be a heavy downpour for a bit and then the sun would reappear.
                Photographer based in Utah, but avail for travel.
                Photography Blog

#8 Vaughan Long

Vaughan Long
                • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

We generally recommend to our clients to avoid September due to the higher average of rain for the month. However, we find that in October that the day to day rain slows considerably although most of the forecasts will call for rain. October is a busy month for weddings so history is in your favor. That being said, if you have the ability to wait a bit longer into the month of October, it can never hurt. Congratulations on your wedding and good luck.
                  Vaughan Long

http://www.ajuamaya.comAjua Weddings: Planning destination weddings in the Riviera Maya since 2004

#9 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

I went right at the end of Sept and beginning of October and it was lush no rain at all - its the luck of the draw I think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users