Sign in to follow this  
Mystic

October Rain in Riviera Maya

Hi All!

We are getting married on October 2, 2009 at 5pm at the Excellence Riviera Cancun. I know October is a rainy month in RM but that is a good time for our schedules. No one can predict the weather, but is the chance of rain less at the end of the month since it's closer to November? We'd consider pushing our date back to later in the month if so. Any previous October Riviera Maya brides have issues with rainhuh.gif

http://www.cancun.com/Weather/

Mexico Weather & Mexico Seasons @ Mexico Travel 101 Guide.

September, October, November are the rainy months. We all run the risk of rain, so don't worry too much just make sure you have a GOOD back-up location at your hotel in case it does down-pour. I don't think it really makes a difference between Oct and Nov. cause they are both more rainy. I would just cross your fingers and think positive! Do a "no rain" dance. :)

We will just have to hope for the best I guess! I wanted to change the date to a different month but my FI is so against it. He thinks I worry too much! I went to Playa Del Carmen about 5 years ago in February and it was cold and rainy for the whole week so you just never know. We definately will be doing the "no rain" dance!

The weather will be the weather and there is nothing you can do about it. Most times its says rain... it doesn't last that long anyway. Funny thing... I've been to a few outdoor weddings now and its surprising how the sun always seems to make its way out!

Best of luck! Remember... keep your chin up and laugh at whatever comes your way... the weather won't matter.

I'm getting married Sept 24th so I'll be doing the no rain dance with you. cheesy.gif I went to Playa del Carmen in 2001 during Sept, and although it rained one day, it would be a heavy downpour for a bit and then the sun would reappear.

We generally recommend to our clients to avoid September due to the higher average of rain for the month. However, we find that in October that the day to day rain slows considerably although most of the forecasts will call for rain. October is a busy month for weddings so history is in your favor. That being said, if you have the ability to wait a bit longer into the month of October, it can never hurt. Congratulations on your wedding and good luck.