Photo

Punta Cana - Summer or Fall?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bovkim

bovkim
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

Hello! So I've been researching destinations for a couple months and I'm pretty much decided on Punta Cana for our wedding! In particular, the Majestic Colonial.

Do any of you Punta Cana brides have tips/advice/pros/cons on choosing summer or Fall? Are there drastic price differences between the summer months and Fall?

Also, is it true that September is the rainiest month and should that be a worry? Ideally, I think that's when I'd like to go...

Thanks so much for any advice you can give me on choosing the month!

Kim

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

I have been to punta Cana twice once in May and we were there for 8 days and it did nothing but rain(except for honestly 15 min on our last day), thank goodness we were at a resort that kept us busy. The other time was in Jan and it was wonderful!
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 lscilley

lscilley
      • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

I was there in April and it was nice the whole time. My wedding is at the Majestic Colonial in Nov 09 so I'm not sure what kind of weather to expect but apparently Nov is popular for DW's. I think your better off to go in the fall.

#4 seaprincess

seaprincess
        • 753 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

I choose the winter (January) for our wedding b/c we're in Canada and it is so bitter cold in Jan that I knew I wanted to soak up the sun for two weeks and get away rather than doing it in the fall....but if your choices are fall or summer I'd go with late fall....b/c of hurricane/rainy season.
          Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#5 CATHERINE&RANDY

CATHERINE&RANDY
          • 24 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

I was wondering the same thing. We were going with April but I have been rethinking a little bit. I see that a lot of people are doing it in November.

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

I'm getting married in November because Sept and October are still during hurricane season and November is usually a safe time to go and it's cheaper due to being off season still.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 bovkim

bovkim
              • 44 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

November was actually my first choice. I've had my sisters pushing for Summer though because of their kids being off school. I thought maybe we could compromise and do Labor Day weekend...hmmm, we'll see!

Thanks for the feedback!

#8 vale

vale
                • 437 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:19 PM

We were just in punta cana in July, the weather was glorious, it averaged 94, it rained I think twice, in the evening/late at night.

#9 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

We were married in April and the weather was PERFECT -- sunny (except for a quick shower the morning of our DW and a full day of rain one day during our honeymoon) and it wasn't too crazy hot.

I would definitely pick fall over summer. I know it is crazy hot during June-August.

I thought May was the rainy season ... but then Sept-Nov you have to be cognizant of Hurricane Season.

#10 KrysNelson

KrysNelson
                    • 31 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

Oh god...my wedding is in May...I didn't read anywhere that is was rainy season....man...I hope it doesn't rain the whole time.....
                      I want to be married in November now too...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users