Tanning...

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:38 AM

I may tan a bit before the wedding too. I considered a mystic tan before the wedding but I've been told they streak in salt or pool water and I'd rather be white than striped, lol. I'm trying to get as much natural sun as possible for now.

#22 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:16 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jpkw
      When I was in Cabo for my site visit, we met up with Juan (photographer). My FI surfs and is always in the sun and we both always have some color just from being outdoors. After our visit, Juan sent me an email saying to NOT get tan before the wedding b/c it doesn't look good in pictures. He just sent me another email last week about something else and again told me to tell my FI to not get a tan... we thought it was funny but I also want to be careful since I'm sure Juan is right.

I feel so much better when I'm tan too!! but I'm actually going to be careful before the wedding and try not to have too much color just a little to look healthier (and thinner!) :)
      Hmm...interesting. My FI and I tanned for a month before our e-pics last fall with Juan. He never said anything about it. Do you think our pics looked weird? I'll have to look again!

#23 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
      • 466 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for all the advice girls!!!

Hearing everything you all have to say, I'll definantly stick to the tanning booth... I don't want anything rubbing off on my dress! or looking orange!!

#24 MarlaB

MarlaB
        • 108 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:22 AM

I was also considering having a professional apply one of those spray tans with their fancy equipment. I did it once before and it lasts about 4-5 days. My only problem is that I would want to do it maybe 2 days beforehand meaning I would have to find a place in Puerto Vallarta!!
          Is anyone worried about their tan wearing off on the wedding dress!!!
          That would be horrible esp with me sweating in the heat!
          I have to do something though and tanning beds just don't work for me.

#25 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

I did one of those spray on tans and they do rub off on your clothes, so IMO I wouldn't get it done if you fear it getting on your dress.

#26 MarlaB

MarlaB
            • 108 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:20 AM

Anyone have suggestions for a good face tanner then? I will try the booth again for my body but not my face!! Simply doesn't work. Plus, more wrinkles that I don't want or need!!

#27 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:28 AM

Gosh Marla, don't get me started on face wrinkles I'm looking for a good eye cream right now..

#28 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MarlaB
                  Anyone have suggestions for a good face tanner then? I will try the booth again for my body but not my face!! Simply doesn't work. Plus, more wrinkles that I don't want or need!!
                  Marla, I sometimes use Neutrogena build a tan, they have one for the face. I will even sometimes just use it if I'm going out for the night, because it just gives you a really nice glow, but if you use it for a couple of days it will darken and it never makes you look orange, I really like it. I have the one for your body too, but I have a hard time putting it on my body without streaks, so I usually just do my face. Hope that helps!

#29 -Kate-

-Kate-
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,676 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:17 PM

Jergens makes one for the face too. I use their body one with no probs. It's a build a tan just like neutrogena.

#30 PaulaV

PaulaV
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,813 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

I will go to the tanning salon probably about a month before our wedding. We are planning on a Feb08 wedding right now and will be pasty white from the Ohio winter.

I know it is bad for me, but bottled bronzers look horrid on my skin and from the reviews on the spray type, I will not be trying those.

I am about the whitest Mexican chica you will ever meet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users