Photo

New attraction in Ocho Rios

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 kater

kater
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

My aunt just emailed me a section of her Vacations To Go newsletter about a new attraction in Ocho Rios. It sounds really fun! Something a little different than what is offered already. Could be a good group activity, or fun to do as a couple. Here's the description:

Ocho Rios, Jamaica is the home of a major new tourist attraction. Rainforest Bobsled Jamaica at Mystic Mountain celebrated its grand opening last month and is predicted to draw at least 100,000 visitors each year.

The multimillion-dollar, eco-friendly attraction features a ride through the tropical forest in custom-designed bobsleds inspired by the famous Jamaican Olympic bobsled teams of the '80s and '90s. Passengers on the 3,280-foot, gravity-driven ride travel on winding, stainless steel rails through Jamaica's lush rainforest, controlling their descent with individual handbrakes. The bobsled track was designed and laid so as not to disturb the natural landscape.

Other highlights include a state-of-the-art chairlift ride that takes visitors above the treetops to the 700-foot peak of Mystic Mountain, a zip-line canopy tour and the Jamaican Railway Station & Mystic Pavilion. The Jamaican Railway Station is a replica of an early 20th-century Jamaican railway station, and features a lookout tower with spectacular views of Jamaica's north coast, a bar and restaurant, retail outlets, and a photo shop. The Mystic Pavilion is home to an island culture and heritage center.

#2 kater

kater
    • 77 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

here is a link to a website about it: Rain Forest Trams - Attractions

#3 erin025

erin025
      • 43 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

Ohhh that sounds nice!!

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

That sounds awesome!!! We will def keep this in mind for our HM :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 sally

sally
          • 302 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:07 AM

sounds like fun but I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to heights, this might be one for my FI to do while i wait at the bottom!!

#6 jesjess

jesjess
            • 228 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:36 AM

hahah me to Sally, Im also have a hughe height problem, and so I can see, al is up in the air :-) .. but it is very beautiful though... Good tip!!

#7 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

We passed that on our trip from ROR to SGOR (it's about 5 minutes from ROR heading into town). It looks amazing and I wish it was open when we were there in May. Have fun if you go!

#8 Danniellou

Danniellou
                • 815 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

That sounds like so much fun! I will def have to keep that in mind.

#9 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
                  • 417 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:06 PM

That sounds great. I don't know if I could get FI to go on it with me though.

#10 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,504 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

That sounds like fun! We are thinking of trying OR next time we go to Jamaica.

I don't know if DH would fit into a bobsled though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users