Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I absolutely love the idea of the passport invitations, but I am getting married in Hawaii. I wanted them to say something on the front like "Passport to Paradise." Is it stupid if I have passport invitations even though it isn't necessary to have a passport to get to Hawaii? I didn't want people getting confused...believe it or not, I have been asked by some guests if they need to get a passport for our wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the passport invitations and maybe on one of your pages you can put "Passport not required to travel to Hawaii". Or something to that affect. But I think it will confuse some people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rinns View Post
I absolutely love the idea of the passport invitations, but I am getting married in Hawaii. I wanted them to say something on the front like "Passport to Paradise." Is it stupid if I have passport invitations even though it isn't necessary to have a passport to get to Hawaii? I didn't want people getting confused...believe it or not, I have been asked by some guests if they need to get a passport for our wedding.

Hey!

I did STD Boarding Passes and Passport Invite Booklets (only for those that are coming) done professionaly by Prim and Pixie - my wedding is also in Hawaii - all of my U.S. guests know that you don't need a real passport but we went with a travel theme and everyone LOVED them.

Here are a couple pictures on their blog...

Myspace.com Blogs - Booklets - Prim & Pixie MySpace Blog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
Hey!

I did STD Boarding Passes and Passport Invite Booklets (only for those that are coming) done professionaly by Prim and Pixie - my wedding is also in Hawaii - all of my U.S. guests know that you don't need a real passport but we went with a travel theme and everyone LOVED them.

Here are a couple pictures on their blog...

Myspace.com Blogs - Booklets - Prim & Pixie MySpace Blog

Wow!! Those are sooo nice! I like this idea too . . . but it looks pretty pricey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
I did STD Boarding Passes and Passport Invite Booklets
That's a good point - instead of doing passport invitations, you could do boarding passes for a "tickets to paradise' theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all the advice! Alyssa, I absolutely love your passport invite booklets! My plan was to do both the boarding passes and the passport invite booklets as well...I saw some in a magazine a while back & I fell in love. I agree, if I am sticking to the travel theme, then people most likely won't question the whole passport to Hawaii thing. Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why not! its your wedding!

but there is a company Blue Moon that we ordered our invitations from. they are on the expensive side but I am sure you can mimic it. It is shaped into boarding passes but a bookstyle of 3-5 pages including invite, itinerary, story of us, and rsvp. its actually cuter than a passport. you can do the passport for a program? I have seen beautiful passports as well but I think boarding passes were a hit with my friends. We used baggage tags fro our STD.smile72.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckitagawa View Post
why not! its your wedding!
but there is a company Blue Moon that we ordered our invitations from. they are on the expensive side but I am sure you can mimic it. It is shaped into boarding passes but a bookstyle of 3-5 pages including invite, itinerary, story of us, and rsvp. its actually cuter than a passport. you can do the passport for a program? I have seen beautiful passports as well but I think boarding passes were a hit with my friends. We used baggage tags fro our STD.smile72.gif
Do you have any pictures of your invitaitons? I have never seen these, so I would love to check them out. It sounds like a great idea though. Thank you for the advice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also did Passport invitations and my wedding was in cancun and my guests were mexican, so they didn't need a passport.. I just loved the idea..

 

You can see some pictures in my blog

 

anaderoux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Discover our top new collection of bridal gowns & accessories – We are one of Europe’s largest bridal wear brands . Choose us and get affordable dresses, accessories and shoes, in latest designs, all made from the highest quality fabrics with wonderfully quick delivery times.From wedding dresses to accessories ,Our incredible new 2021 collection combines excellent quality, elegant designs with affordable prices and short delivery times. Discover the entire range today and become our Stockist Now. For more information log on to: https://bianco-evento.com/
    • I am looking for a best bride box subscription. I think it's a good idea while pandemic. As I can stay happy having bridal boxes each month. So, did someone have a one? What can you advise?
    • Hello everyone. Who have a destination wedding in 2020? Do you postpone it or celebrate? Please share with you experience.
    • Now we can say life is divided into before and after. And only now I understand our life was so good when there were no restrictions and quarantine. Thank you for sharing this beautiful wedding story. We also got married before the pandemic, and we had a beautiful wedding and a wonderful honeymoon. And during the quarantine, my husband lost his job and was depressed, we had big family problems that could lead to a divorce. Fortunately, I found a blog with marriage advice on how to avoid divorce and we passed this test.
    • I think that the pandemic has changed the lives of many people. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...