Photo

Question About Passport Invitations

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The Rinns

The Rinns
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

I absolutely love the idea of the passport invitations, but I am getting married in Hawaii. I wanted them to say something on the front like "Passport to Paradise." Is it stupid if I have passport invitations even though it isn't necessary to have a passport to get to Hawaii? I didn't want people getting confused...believe it or not, I have been asked by some guests if they need to get a passport for our wedding.

#2 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

I like the passport invitations and maybe on one of your pages you can put "Passport not required to travel to Hawaii". Or something to that affect. But I think it will confuse some people.

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by The Rinns
        I absolutely love the idea of the passport invitations, but I am getting married in Hawaii. I wanted them to say something on the front like "Passport to Paradise." Is it stupid if I have passport invitations even though it isn't necessary to have a passport to get to Hawaii? I didn't want people getting confused...believe it or not, I have been asked by some guests if they need to get a passport for our wedding.

Hey!

I did STD Boarding Passes and Passport Invite Booklets (only for those that are coming) done professionaly by Prim and Pixie - my wedding is also in Hawaii - all of my U.S. guests know that you don't need a real passport but we went with a travel theme and everyone LOVED them.

Here are a couple pictures on their blog...

Myspace.com Blogs - Booklets - Prim & Pixie MySpace Blog

#4 luvtoteachlaw

luvtoteachlaw
        • 134 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:49 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alyssa
          Hey!

I did STD Boarding Passes and Passport Invite Booklets (only for those that are coming) done professionaly by Prim and Pixie - my wedding is also in Hawaii - all of my U.S. guests know that you don't need a real passport but we went with a travel theme and everyone LOVED them.

Here are a couple pictures on their blog...

Myspace.com Blogs - Booklets - Prim & Pixie MySpace Blog

Wow!! Those are sooo nice! I like this idea too . . . but it looks pretty pricey!

#5 MSWeddings

MSWeddings
          • 34 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alyssa
            I did STD Boarding Passes and Passport Invite Booklets
            That's a good point - instead of doing passport invitations, you could do boarding passes for a "tickets to paradise' theme.

#6 The Rinns

The Rinns
            • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

Thank you for all the advice! Alyssa, I absolutely love your passport invite booklets! My plan was to do both the boarding passes and the passport invite booklets as well...I saw some in a magazine a while back & I fell in love. I agree, if I am sticking to the travel theme, then people most likely won't question the whole passport to Hawaii thing. Thanks again!

#7 ckitagawa

ckitagawa
              • 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:21 AM

why not! its your wedding!
                but there is a company Blue Moon that we ordered our invitations from. they are on the expensive side but I am sure you can mimic it. It is shaped into boarding passes but a bookstyle of 3-5 pages including invite, itinerary, story of us, and rsvp. its actually cuter than a passport. you can do the passport for a program? I have seen beautiful passports as well but I think boarding passes were a hit with my friends. We used baggage tags fro our STD.

#8 beebumble27

beebumble27
                • 89 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

They look great

#9 The Rinns

The Rinns
                  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ckitagawa
                    why not! its your wedding!
                    but there is a company Blue Moon that we ordered our invitations from. they are on the expensive side but I am sure you can mimic it. It is shaped into boarding passes but a bookstyle of 3-5 pages including invite, itinerary, story of us, and rsvp. its actually cuter than a passport. you can do the passport for a program? I have seen beautiful passports as well but I think boarding passes were a hit with my friends. We used baggage tags fro our STD.
                    Do you have any pictures of your invitaitons? I have never seen these, so I would love to check them out. It sounds like a great idea though. Thank you for the advice!

#10 anaderoux

anaderoux
                    • 3,220 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

I also did Passport invitations and my wedding was in cancun and my guests were mexican, so they didn't need a passport.. I just loved the idea..

You can see some pictures in my blog

anaderoux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users