Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#5271 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

Ohhh... good, I am hoping to keep costs from escalating lol.  I originally thought I would go with the free package, that didn't last very long.

#5272 fiddlefuller

fiddlefuller
    • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hi Ladies-

I have a couple of questions. Our wedding is July 12, and we are expecting about 18-25. We are doing the Ultimate Package. I am torn between reception on the beach or by the small pool. If it is windy I don't want sand in peoples food, but on the other hand it might feel good in the middle of July. I love the idea of dinner on the beach, but just don't know if it would be a disaster or not. Also, I think we will just use an iPod for music (I don't foresee much dancing with this crowd...) but will a docking station be loud enough on the beach or will waves drown it out? Should we rent their sound system? It's a lot of money... I think we are using an outside guitarist/vocalist for the ceremony and cocktail hour, I thought I would have the Mexican trio at the end of dinner as a surprise. Any thoughts? I'm kind of rambling, I know. 

Thanks!!

#5273 Sehausle

Sehausle
      • 156 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

I decided not to do the beach because I was concerned of the sand/food thing too. Who are you using as your outside guitarist?

#5274 fiddlefuller

fiddlefuller
        • 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

We heard her at another resort- and I got her card- and now I can't find it. When I do I will tell you her name! Fingers crossed that I find it, I haven't emailed her yet!

#5275 bbbride

bbbride
          • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hi Ladies!

I'm new to this thread.. considering this resort for my fall 2014 wedding. Anyone have any suggestions for a catamaran for groups with a price range? thanks!

#5276 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
            • 223 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

So, by looking online at wedding cake pictures.. I'm thinking of getting a cake elsewhere.

I used to day this wasn't important to me, but now I'm thinking... I'm a cake decorator, I can't have an ugly wedding cake... that's tragic!

I also used to say I don't understand how bridezillas can happen... but my goodness, it's easy!  I had a horrible experience with my dress, there's been the odd mixup with the TA but she turned out to be really great in the end, family drama drama drama... yiiiikes.

But back to the topic of cakes, anyone have an opinion on this?  I'm just thinking something small... but maybe the resort cakes aren't so bad, the booklet looks OK, I wonder how much the real life cake looks like the picture though.

#5277 Sehausle

Sehausle
              • 156 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

To be honest cake isn't at the top of my list, but I think simple is better...I think the cakes don't look as nicely executed when they do something out of the box.  I think a simple 3 tier cake just decorated with some flowers on top is both simple and elegant. I'm not a fan of the ribbon and what not some people use. I know you're a cake decorator, but you said it yourself that most people don't even eat the cake...and I didn't even see the cake at the last wedding I attended. We bought to-go boxes in white and as well as some pretty personalized labels from vista print and will give our guests the option of taking the cake with them since our package also includes dessert (something to keep in mind). What about if you did a rehearsal dinner cake? That way most people see it, you can get very imaginative with a cake and find one at a local bakers, and you can avoid the vendor fee. I for-one would just spend the money elsewhere.

#5278 fiddlefuller

fiddlefuller
                • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Hi Sehausle-

I still can't find her card, but I found her on facebook, her name is Caro Montes.

#5279 Sehausle

Sehausle
                  • 156 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

Awesome thanks! My guitarist never answered my latest email and I don't feel comfortable not having a contract so I may contact her as well. Not really looking for singing though just instrumental. If any bride in the past has a guitar contact I would be most appreciative (the resort musician is ridiculously priced at over $500 for a half hour ceremony.

#5280 Sehausle

Sehausle
                    • 156 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by fiddlefuller 

Hi Sehausle-

I still can't find her card, but I found her on facebook, her name is Caro Montes.

Also which Caro Montes is she- there are a ton?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users