Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#5001 taegan

taegan
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Would anyone have a good map of tulum?

. I tried to get one from google map but I cant seem to figure out how to copy the map :( And I wasn't able to find one when I searched the other forums on here.

Attached Files

#5002 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

I don't have a good map, but I can suggest going to google maps, doing a quick screen shot, then you can copy paste that to Your paint app to cut zoom ect:). I did it for the resort map, as dream's site is flash.

#5003 texasmandy

texasmandy
      • 42 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

Texasmandy,
        She has not told me how long ahead of time we can set the chairs up. She just said that someone from my wedding party can do it. If they have other weddings that day, and they feel as though it would look unprofessional or if we would take to long setting them up, they can do it but I'm not paying for it. I'm bringing all of these emails with me as proof of the promises that we're made to me. Sorry ladies, I've been a bridezilla! Especially after seeing all of these extra set up charges..

I understand what you mean - at first it seems like a GREAT deal.  Then all of these extras start popping up.  I don't want to spend my day worrying about decorations, but I also don't want to spend a fortune paying someone else to do it!!

#5004 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
        • 670 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

It's depressing...lol. Well my step dad said he doesn't mind helping set things up. We only have 20 ppl so it's really not a lot of work for us. Maybe when I get there I'll decide to stop being so cheap:)

#5005 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
          • 76 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

Unfortunately, that's how all the resorts operate. When it came down to it, I didn't want anyone to lift a finger (including me) and just paid the extra. I'm glad I did, and it was still much cheaper than a wedding at home. Please don't feel like its just Dreams that has all the extra charges - they all do, and you made a great decision to go with them. Their packages are still really great - a lot of resorts charge a small fortune to be able to just have a private reception, and that included in two of their packages.

#5006 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
            • 670 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

I guess in the beginning I didn't think I would really want much, then when I started planning I found that there are a lot of things that might be really nice. I might end up paying the setup charges mySelf, depending on how things add up. Thanks for the tip:) I guess I feel better about this resort now...

#5007 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
              • 76 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I was doing everything myself. Then I got there and stop stressing about everything. At that point $200 bucks was well worth it to not deal with anything. That and my husband told me to stop being so cheap and go to the spa instead. Best idea he ever had.

#5008 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                • 670 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

My fiancĀ© complains sooooo much that I'm cheap! But $200 doesn't sound bad, I guess I'm letting it get blown up in my mind , thinking it willbe more lol. We are ditching the lanterns already.... I guess the DJ will have lighting? I really do love this resort, this is where we fell in love on vacay... I guess I'll stop stressing !thanks:)

#5009 Sheena2011

Sheena2011
                  • 76 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

Not sure. We didn't have a dj, we just used the sound system. The normally charge a bunch if you want the dance floor though. We did the Dreams of Love package (18 people,so no extra charges for additional people) and paid extra for the following: Arch setup (I brought material) Chiavari chairs for ceremony only Paper lantern set-up Misc setup (menu cards, favors, guest book, etc) Extend reception by 1 hour Vendor fee for Del Sol Photography Sound system for ceremony and reception It totally can add up! But then I think of how awesome the day was and don't regret a penny. Best part? My husband, after dancing for a few hours, got hungry. I got one of the waiters to get him fries and a bacon cheeseburger. Everyone took one look at him and we all ordered one. The last thing you'll be thinking of is "I wish I had saved that $150 and set up the paper lanterns myself". You'll be thinking "this is the best wedding EVER. We should go jump in the pool."

#5010 dee dreams

dee dreams
                    • 40 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for the tips sheena 2011 :) ur right Also any brides that are getting married in the next few months can u please let me know what they have for dancing as the disco will be closed starting sept :( and that's where we were gonna go instead of having a dj so I'm kinda worried now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users