Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#4291 vlynnw

vlynnw
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

http://www.floresjulieta.mex.tl/

try that one, I had posted a direct link to the centerpieces but it didn't work even when I clicked it so hope this one does

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4292 curtney17

curtney17
    • 70 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

how does that work? does she just deliver the centre pieces or flowers to your resort and then pick them back up?? or do you get to keep them?

#4293 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:01 PM

no she picks them back up

#4294 wendvipo

wendvipo
        • 36 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

Getting married on March 31st, 2011- Does anyone have any ideas about where the best place is to have the wedding reception? I am bringing the large tissue pom poms and would like to have at least 25 of them strung up, I really thought it would be pretty to have them in the seaside grill but i guess you can't have any dancing in there and there is an additional cost of 750 for the dance floor. The seaside grill itself is $750, whcih i think is totally a money grab. We will likely not be able to have it in the seaside grill since it is based on a total hotel occupancy of less than 70% and we are getting married in spring break. Where else would it be best to have the reception with pom poms, i really like the idea of having them hangin over head, can they do this by the pool or in the palms?? We won't have the lighting of the lanterns, Is the resort pretty well lit at night?? Also what are suggestions about bringing tulle for the ceremony canopy?? How much is needed to make it look pretty full? Thanks everybody

#4295 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by wendvipo 

Getting married on March 31st, 2011- Does anyone have any ideas about where the best place is to have the wedding reception? I am bringing the large tissue pom poms and would like to have at least 25 of them strung up, I really thought it would be pretty to have them in the seaside grill but i guess you can't have any dancing in there and there is an additional cost of 750 for the dance floor. The seaside grill itself is $750, whcih i think is totally a money grab. We will likely not be able to have it in the seaside grill since it is based on a total hotel occupancy of less than 70% and we are getting married in spring break. Where else would it be best to have the reception with pom poms, i really like the idea of having them hangin over head, can they do this by the pool or in the palms?? We won't have the lighting of the lanterns, Is the resort pretty well lit at night?? Also what are suggestions about bringing tulle for the ceremony canopy?? How much is needed to make it look pretty full? Thanks everybody

I'm having my reception at the dolphin pool and have about 24 paper lanterns to hang up, if you look at pictures through this thread of even just google them, you can see how they can string them up there.  They also have strung lanterns at the relax pool by bringing in some poles or I'm not sure what it is but they are capable of doing it at all the reception locations.  Tell your WC what you want done so she knows ahead of time. 

#4296 ourvm

ourvm
            • 211 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hi Ladies,

I saw another post earlier regarding music samples from the live music choices but didn't see a response so I'm re-posting in case any of our recent brides has a recommendation.  Does anyone know what is in the romantic trio?  I'm a little torn between that, violinist or harpist.  Does anyone have music samples or recommendation?  Truly appreciate any feedback.

TIA

#4297 OceanWonderland

OceanWonderland
              • 177 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Alright girls. I'm leaving tonight for our wedding at Dreams Tulum!  Pretty excited all the planning is almost done.  These last 2 weeks have been a little ridiculous, but the bags are packed and we just need to get on the airplane and start relaxing :)  I'll make sure to write a detailed review once we return and I'll post something in this thread as well. We'll see how much money they try to get out of me once there :P They have been COMPLETELY unresponsive this week, pretty scary actually, but I'm sure it will all work out once I get there. I just have no clue how much the centerpieces are going to cost me since I sent them new ideas 2 weeks ago and never got a response.  Fun! 

Also, wendvipo, maybe dancing now allowed at Seaside Grill is new? Because they are aware that I hired a DJ and will be having my reception at Seaside Grill. You can't have cold fireworks in there though, so I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate that still.

WOOHOO GETTING MARRIED!!  See you in about two weeks :)

Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
                Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
                And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

#4298 mimi73

mimi73
                • 282 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

Have fun! I am sure that we will see you this week, we get there on Saturday :) Have a FABULOUS wedding. 

One of my brothers, and a friend of mine are there already and they both said the weather is fantastic! Best wishes!

Originally Posted by OceanWonderland 

Alright girls. I'm leaving tonight for our wedding at Dreams Tulum!  Pretty excited all the planning is almost done.  These last 2 weeks have been a little ridiculous, but the bags are packed and we just need to get on the airplane and start relaxing :)  I'll make sure to write a detailed review once we return and I'll post something in this thread as well. We'll see how much money they try to get out of me once there :P They have been COMPLETELY unresponsive this week, pretty scary actually, but I'm sure it will all work out once I get there. I just have no clue how much the centerpieces are going to cost me since I sent them new ideas 2 weeks ago and never got a response.  Fun! 

Also, wendvipo, maybe dancing now allowed at Seaside Grill is new? Because they are aware that I hired a DJ and will be having my reception at Seaside Grill. You can't have cold fireworks in there though, so I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate that still.

WOOHOO GETTING MARRIED!!  See you in about two weeks :)

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#4299 OceanWonderland

OceanWonderland
                  • 177 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

What day are you getting married Mimi? Hopefully we'll bump into each other :)

Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
                    Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
                    And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

#4300 mimi73

mimi73
                    • 282 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

I get married on Thursday.....and my real name is Noemi (No-Emmie)

I am sure that we'll see each other, let's have a drink to de-stress from the thoughts of how much extra we might have to pay :)

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users