Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3581 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

Girls have mentioned in the past that the WC will man the cd player during the ceremony. Have you brought this up with one of the WCs?
    ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#3582 L&A2010

L&A2010
    • 156 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

Jerzeygirl is correct that other girls have brought this up somewhere earlier in the thread. I also remember Sunbride mentioning somewhere approximately how long it took her to walk the aisle (using the beach gazebo by the SSG) so maybe you can search for that to time your music. Otherwise I did read that the WC will fade the music out and move onto the next song if you let her know how/when you want it done. I don't remember anyone having any complaints with this method. They must have it down since they do it so often.

#3583 AmyBoerema

AmyBoerema
      • 75 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by northernflasher
        Just thought I´d let you girls know im sitting here in Dreams resort right now, one week after my wedding and im still smiling.

You have all picked the most amazing location for your wedding. ´
        My day was truly the happiest of my life. I cant wait to fill you all in on my return.

Natalia is wonderful, you are in the very best of hands.

Happy planning, dont worry everything will come together just right for your special days.

One more whole week to go...

Promise a review on my return.

XXXX

Yay, that's so encouraging to hear!! CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait to read your review!

#3584 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
        • 222 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

thx everyone

#3585 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

Now I am trying to search for to see if it was mentioned how long it took to walk down the aisle. That would definitely be a good indicator to help me with fading music.
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3586 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Did anyone on here use the DJ at the resort?

#3587 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
              • 222 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by vlynnw
                Now I am trying to search for to see if it was mentioned how long it took to walk down the aisle. That would definitely be a good indicator to help me with fading music.
                Its on page 1 attachment #5 but I can't get it to work

#3588 L&A2010

L&A2010
                • 156 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

Does anyone have any safety concerns with everything going on in Mexico? Everything I read seems to point to the risk and violence being contained to the north near the boarder, but I don't want to be responsible for putting anyone in danger if I am missing something. Several of my guests have emailed me recently to tell me to beware. Anyone else concerned?

#3589 vlynnw

vlynnw
                  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

I couldn't get it to open either...

L&A2010, My entire family does not want to come to my wedding because they think it is dangerous. However the resort areas are not, it is difficult to try and explain this to people, and as someone who has only traveled to third world countries, Mexico will be the safest place I have ever gone to. They aren't looking at the geography of the violence, and only listening to what they hear on TV which is mainly directed towards boarder towns. I actually added a really good website to my wedding website called The Truth About Mexico
                    When my mom raised her concerns my response was "well mom if you plan on buying or selling drugs then yes it is dangerous and you are screwed, but if you plan to go and have a good time and use common sense, it'll be the best trip of your life." Not necessarily the answer you want to give to your guests but this subject just irritates me because it has caused me a lot of stress and made me think twice several times about whether I should just cancel my DW plans to make everyone happy.

#3590 Blkatz

Blkatz
                    • 1,025 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by L&A2010 View Post
                      Does anyone have any safety concerns with everything going on in Mexico? Everything I read seems to point to the risk and violence being contained to the north near the boarder, but I don't want to be responsible for putting anyone in danger if I am missing something. Several of my guests have emailed me recently to tell me to beware. Anyone else concerned?
                      I havent been on here for a little while but I wanted to respond to this because we had very a similiar situation last year (before the swine). The violence is near the US boarder which is like 1500+ miles away-it is like saying I wont go to Philadelphia because there are gangs in LA.
                      We went to Mexico 2x last year and unless you go off by yourself or go into a shady area you are totally fine.
                      My brother in law actually went to one of the cities near the Texas border last year and said it was such a pretty city and it was really sad all the media hype about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users