Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3551 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
  • Jr. Member
  • 342 posts

    Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
    Hi Ladies, I just was wondering if anyone knows if Dreams will do cupcakes instead of a cake? I've read through the thread and didn't see anything mentioned. Just thought I'd ask before attempting to email Natalia!
    Thanks!
    I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to ask! I asked them to change the dessert for me and they did without any problems. Let us know what they say:)
    ~~Joanna~~

    Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

    http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

    #3552 jerzygirl85

    jerzygirl85
    • Jr. Member
    • 342 posts

      Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

      Wow i just noticed that my ticker says 30 days!!! I think I am ready but I still have that feeling like I am forgetting to do something lol! I guess I'll start packing
      ~~Joanna~~

      Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

      http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

      #3553 barbiegirl_27

      barbiegirl_27
      • Member
      • 946 posts

        Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

        thanks jerseygirl! that sounds encouraging! I'll email them tonight and let you all know what they say!
        And wow, 30 days!!! that's so exciting!!! I can't wait for this year to fly by!

        #3554 oasisgirl

        oasisgirl
        • Newbie
        • 20 posts

          Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

          Does anyone ever have any problem to extending their outdoor reception to 10:30pm? I want to do some sunset photo (~7ish), so am planning to start the reception by the dophlin pool at 7:30pm. Didn't want a 2.5 hr reception either. My wedding is in May so I'm planning the timeline. I emailed Aurora but didn't get a definite answer, she just said she'll put the 7:30pm start time in my file... so do you think I'll have issue with having it end at 10:30?

          #3555 Cheri

          Cheri
          • Newbie
          • 110 posts

            Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by oasisgirl
            Does anyone ever have any problem to extending their outdoor reception to 10:30pm? I want to do some sunset photo (~7ish), so am planning to start the reception by the dophlin pool at 7:30pm. Didn't want a 2.5 hr reception either. My wedding is in May so I'm planning the timeline. I emailed Aurora but didn't get a definite answer, she just said she'll put the 7:30pm start time in my file... so do you think I'll have issue with having it end at 10:30?
            I don't think that should be an issue at all. I have my ceremony set at 6, cocktail hour from 6:30-7:30 and reception from 7:30-10:30. I thought as long as it's over by 10:30 it's all good. That's what I'm planning on anyway. Let me know if you hear otherwise, but I'm pretty sure 10:30 end time is fine.

            #3556 taranyc

            taranyc
            • Jr. Member
            • 242 posts

              Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

              hi everyone. i've asked the wedding team at dt a couple of times and got back the strangest responses...i'm hoping you all can help. we are doing the wedding in paradise package, paying the fee for a reception as well as a per person from the seaside grill. they sent us the menu from the grill...we are paring down the menu for our guests. okay...here is the question:

              do we have to asks our guests ahead of time for their dinner selections and give to the dt wedding team?

              or

              did your guests make their selection at the reception?...like ordering at a restaurant.

              i'm thinking it's the second...both aurora and natalia's replies make me think it's the second option...but you never know. i want to customized menus as part of my place setting, but do not want to waste the time if not.

              thank you for your help.

              tt


              #3557 taranyc

              taranyc
              • Jr. Member
              • 242 posts

                Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

                hi. are any of you thinking about doing a mayan ceremony? i really love some of the photos and reviews i've seen where this has been part of the wedding ceremony. i've tried to find anything online (one of the most popular is Shaman Marie and Charlie), but only see links to local wedding planners. do you know the cost to go through these planners? I've also asked on some of the other subforums, but not gotten any responses.

                thank you,
                tt


                #3558 clinicalgal

                clinicalgal
                • Newbie
                • 38 posts

                  Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

                  Hi Ladies!
                  We are interested in organizing an excursion for our guests. Something along the lines of a catamaran that can pick us up from the resort and goes to an area with caverns. I'd like there to be food and drinks on board and for the excursion to last about 4 hours. I haven't been able to find any threads about brides planning something like this and recommended vendors... has anyone else seen anything along these lines or can advise me where to look? Thanks in advance!
                  June 28th, 2010 was the day!
                  Bride, Groom, & 50 Guests danced the night away!

                  #3559 SunBride

                  SunBride
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,499 posts

                    Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
                    Hi Ladies, I just was wondering if anyone knows if Dreams will do cupcakes instead of a cake? I've read through the thread and didn't see anything mentioned. Just thought I'd ask before attempting to email Natalia!
                    Thanks!
                    I've never heard anyone ask that before on this thread (and as you know I've been around forever). It's a great question, make sure to let us know what they say and I'll add it to the info on page 1.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by oasisgirl
                    Does anyone ever have any problem to extending their outdoor reception to 10:30pm? I want to do some sunset photo (~7ish), so am planning to start the reception by the dophlin pool at 7:30pm. Didn't want a 2.5 hr reception either. My wedding is in May so I'm planning the timeline. I emailed Aurora but didn't get a definite answer, she just said she'll put the 7:30pm start time in my file... so do you think I'll have issue with having it end at 10:30?
                    I can't remember, is the regular end time 10pm? If so then yes, a couple brides have been successful having it end at 10:30. I remember like a year or so ago a couple brides managed to negotiate to get it half an hour later, but that was it. They don't want lots of noise late at night because it will disturb guests who are gone to bed.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by taranyc
                    hi. are any of you thinking about doing a mayan ceremony? i really love some of the photos and reviews i've seen where this has been part of the wedding ceremony. i've tried to find anything online (one of the most popular is Shaman Marie and Charlie), but only see links to local wedding planners. do you know the cost to go through these planners? I've also asked on some of the other subforums, but not gotten any responses.
                    None of the DT brides on this thread have ever done it. However, I know one couple who did it is my videographer and he created a thread about it like a year or so ago. If you do a search maybe you can find it.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by clinicalgal
                    Hi Ladies!
                    We are interested in organizing an excursion for our guests. Something along the lines of a catamaran that can pick us up from the resort and goes to an area with caverns. I'd like there to be food and drinks on board and for the excursion to last about 4 hours. I haven't been able to find any threads about brides planning something like this and recommended vendors... has anyone else seen anything along these lines or can advise me where to look? Thanks in advance!
                    I think another bride did this a while back and had a great experience. I think if you check under "member contribution" area on the first page, you will find a link, and then you can do a search for her review and read up more about it.

                    Attached Files



                    #3560 SunBride

                    SunBride
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,499 posts

                      Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

                      Here is the thread I was thinking of, I guess it wasn't started by playaweddings (paul shrank) but he did respond and there is tons of good info:

                      http://bestdestinati....eremony-24483/




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users