Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3391 northernflasher

northernflasher
  • Jr. Member
  • 499 posts

    Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ourvm
    Hi: My fiance and I just returned from our site visit and have confirmed a date (and will be posting my details next)! We are so excited that we found the perfect place. I was at first a little worried about the distance from CUN and it took us 1.5 hrs ride instead of 2 hrs so that was great. Our driver from Dreamsday was great (Marc Anthony) so it made it fly by too.

    We decided to have the ceremony in the chapel. I've been searching and searching for photos of wedding ceremonies in the chapel with no success. Can past brides please PM me with photos for inspiration? (pretty please?) We haven't quite decided on reception dinner yet - we are thinking the wine cellar (indoors) and we are only expecting around 20-25 ppl but I don't know where and how we could have our first dance! Any suggestions?
    Hi, we are having the chapel for our ceremony and our reception on the beach. We have chosen the wine cellar as our bad weather location ( god willing NOOOOOO!) We are doing the cocktail hour poss in the courtyard outside the chapel and this is also where we will do our first dance before dinner cos we are doing a salsa routine that is hard enough anyway without having the joys of sand to deal with!!! We will then just dance barefoot in the sand for the reception.

    I just thought I should give you a heads up in terms of your first dance they have a strict no music, no dancing policy for the wine cellar so you will def have to do your first dance before you go to dinner during your cocktail hour or later on in the disco.

    Hope this helps.
    Michelle X

    PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

    #3392 AchiCAp0547

    AchiCAp0547
    • Newbie
    • 112 posts

      Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by cbbt1985
      Does anyone have thoughts on the dolphin pool for a 5pm wedding? I'm worried kids will still be out when we have our reception!! Our ceremony is on the beach (on the side towards the ruins) and the relax terrace is on the other side of the resort..so the dolphin pool seems like it would be best to keep everything together..but I'm concerened about the guests.

      Would it be worth it to set it up at the adult section where it would be more quiet?!

      I really appreciate your feedback! It is so tough trying to imagine how these things would work!!
      Hey Girl!
      I wanted my reception at the dolphin pool for a 5pm reception also, but Aurora emailed me to "offer" me the relaxed pool, so I guess I have to have it at the relaxed pool. I've read some reviews where the brides were initially worried about kids being in the pool, but it wasn't an issue. I think the dolphin pool will be BEAUTIFUL as you can hang up lights/lanterns on those columns. Kindda wish I had that location, but I guess the relax pool will do for me!! =)

      #3393 AchiCAp0547

      AchiCAp0547
      • Newbie
      • 112 posts

        Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Amymarie
        Are there any other Brides for May 19th, 2010? I will be bringing my own decorations and pay for the extra luggage, I don't trust customs to clear on time. I am still undecided if i should have my reception indoors at the ballroom or at the relax pool. I am starting to feel stressed about planning, but mostly for the reception back at home. I think with the help of the planners at Dreams things will go smoothly.
        __________________
        Hi Amymarie!
        I am getting married on May 21st!!! So I'll see you there =) I am bringing down a couple of things...my wedding is not going to be a typical "elegant" beach wedding- we're putting mexican themed little donkeys and maracas and little woven sombreros and BOTTLES OF TEQUILA on serapa colored placemats in the center of the tables. Our reception is now at the relaxed pool so I'll probably bring A LOT of candles for lighting as the tikki torches are $150 for 3 at the resort... I don't think you'll have trouble clearing customs, just bring receipts so I hear. Don't feel stressed out! If you want to use some of my decorations you are more than welcome to, I am arriving on May 16th to the resort =) Just remember to give them back by Friday of course! hahaha. xoxo

        #3394 Cheri

        Cheri
        • Newbie
        • 110 posts

          Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Amymarie
          Hey, I will be getting married on the 19th and I plan on buying blue or organza gold chair sashes, table cloths and a few other things. Ill keep you updated on what I purchase and you can let me know if you want.me to leave anything at the resort for you as ill be leaving on the 23rd.
          Thanks so much Amy Marie!! I really appreciate it!! I'm arriving on the 21st so I'll see you there!

          #3395 Cheri

          Cheri
          • Newbie
          • 110 posts

            Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547
            Hi Amymarie!
            I am getting married on May 21st!!! So I'll see you there =) I am bringing down a couple of things...my wedding is not going to be a typical "elegant" beach wedding- we're putting mexican themed little donkeys and maracas and little woven sombreros and BOTTLES OF TEQUILA on serapa colored placemats in the center of the tables. Our reception is now at the relaxed pool so I'll probably bring A LOT of candles for lighting as the tikki torches are $150 for 3 at the resort... I don't think you'll have trouble clearing customs, just bring receipts so I hear. Don't feel stressed out! If you want to use some of my decorations you are more than welcome to, I am arriving on May 16th to the resort =) Just remember to give them back by Friday of course! hahaha. xoxo
            Hi AchiCAp0547!!
            Love your decorating ideas! Please let me know if you'd be interested in passing any of it down. I'm going for the whole "fun" Mexican concept too! I'm arriving on the 21st and my wedding is on the 25th. I'll see you there!!

            #3396 AchiCAp0547

            AchiCAp0547
            • Newbie
            • 112 posts

              Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:11 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Cheri
              Hi AchiCAp0547!!
              Love your decorating ideas! Please let me know if you'd be interested in passing any of it down. I'm going for the whole "fun" Mexican concept too! I'm arriving on the 21st and my wedding is on the 25th. I'll see you there!!
              Sure! Anything I use you can have it. The only thing I would be concerned about is if guests take the donkeys/moraccas/sombreros etc. as "souveneirs". (mmm I guess I should be careful lending them out before my wedding just incase people take them as souveneirs, I never thought of that) I wouldn't if I was a guest, because I wouldn't want to lug anything back with me, but who knows.
              I am bringing a bunch of clear glass candle holders, I doubt very highly ANYONE would take those, so that might be a sure thing, you can have all of those, just bring tea lights for them =)
              oh and May 25h is my birthday!! xoxo

              #3397 Cheri

              Cheri
              • Newbie
              • 110 posts

                Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547
                Sure! Anything I use you can have it. The only thing I would be concerned about is if guests take the donkeys/moraccas/sombreros etc. as "souveneirs". (mmm I guess I should be careful lending them out before my wedding just incase people take them as souveneirs, I never thought of that) I wouldn't if I was a guest, because I wouldn't want to lug anything back with me, but who knows.
                I am bringing a bunch of clear glass candle holders, I doubt very highly ANYONE would take those, so that might be a sure thing, you can have all of those, just bring tea lights for them =)
                oh and May 25h is my birthday!! xoxo
                Thanks so very much!! I will gladly take whatever your guests leave and I truly appreciate this!!! And Happy Birthday if I don't see you at the resort!!

                #3398 jmb0902

                jmb0902
                • Jr. Member
                • 496 posts

                  Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

                  Just an FYI - I wouldn't count on candles for any kind of light... we had pillar candles inside hurricane glasses and those wouldn't even stay lit (they put dessert plate on top of them, so they were lit but didn't help the "look"... haha). It's just so windy that they just don't stay lit. Exposed candles like tealights would have no chance!

                  #3399 ourvm

                  ourvm
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 211 posts

                    Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by northernflasher
                    Hi, we are having the chapel for our ceremony and our reception on the beach. We have chosen the wine cellar as our bad weather location ( god willing NOOOOOO!) We are doing the cocktail hour poss in the courtyard outside the chapel and this is also where we will do our first dance before dinner cos we are doing a salsa routine that is hard enough anyway without having the joys of sand to deal with!!! We will then just dance barefoot in the sand for the reception.

                    I just thought I should give you a heads up in terms of your first dance they have a strict no music, no dancing policy for the wine cellar so you will def have to do your first dance before you go to dinner during your cocktail hour or later on in the disco.

                    Hope this helps.
                    Thanks Michelle. I did not know the no music/dancing policy in the wine cellar. I never thought about doing our first dance before the reception - that might be the solution. Just out of curiosity, how are you planning on introducing the first dance?

                    Thanks again!
                    -V

                    #3400 ourvm

                    ourvm
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 211 posts

                      Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:35 AM

                      Hi Blkatz, I just checked out Dreams425 wedding review and she had her wedding on the beach - she did have a few pictures in front of the chapel.

                      Michelle - Are you planning on decorating the chapel for your ceremony? If so, can you share? I'm thinking flowers on the benches but I decide if I want organza on the benches as well? and also thinking about adding flowers that hang from the lights?

                      Thanks.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users