Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3051 AchiCAp0547

AchiCAp0547
  • Newbie
  • 112 posts

    Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

    Hi! I hope I am doing this correctly, I am not computer saavy... ek! (I apologize if I'm not...)

    Username:AchiCAp0547
    Names: Amanda Peters & Richard Gallo
    Date & Time: May 21st 2010, at 4 pm
    Wedding package: Ultimate
    Wedding extras (and cost charged): Yet to be determined.
    Type of ceremony: We are getting married a couple days before we leave, in NY, so I guess it will be symbolic.
    Coordinator: Aurora
    Number of guests: ~ 50 people
    Ceremony location & time: Beach at 4 PM. Unsure what part of the beach.
    Cocktail hour location and time: Right after the ceremony by the pools.
    Reception location: I think one of the pools as well
    Photographer: The resorts.
    Videographer: The resorts.
    Special arrangements /activities: Rehearsal dinner the night before, Thursday May 20th- somewhere at the resort. I'd also like to have a bonfire after the rehearsal dinner on the beach ( I think it's $60 to do that ) and I plan on bringing goodies to make smores with!

    #3052 taranyc

    taranyc
    • Jr. Member
    • 242 posts

      Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

      Hi everyone. We just visited Dreams Tulum yesterday and set our date!! Saturday, Sept. 25th at 5p. So excited!

      xoxoxo,
      tara

      #3053 *Krista*

      *Krista*
      • Member
      • 819 posts

        Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by taranyc
        Hi everyone. We just visited Dreams Tulum yesterday and set our date!! Saturday, Sept. 25th at 5p. So excited!

        xoxoxo,
        tara
        Congrats Tara! How was your site visit? Have you decided based on your visit what you would like to have for your ceremony, reception, etc?
        July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

        #3054 jmb0902

        jmb0902
        • Jr. Member
        • 496 posts

          Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cyntherella
          I'm also struggeling to get a solid answer on this. As I wanted them to do some extra decorations on the arch, bows on the chairs (I'm bringing my own fabric) and lanterns for the reception. They've said $150 a few times. And I'm not sure if they mean $150 per item I want done, or for all the extras together. Let me know if you get a solid answer, I will as well!
          I had 30 lanterns (with LED throwies), chair bows, centerpieces, place markers, etc. and it cost us $150 for all of it to be set up (for ceremony and reception). Hope this helps =)

          #3055 jmb0902

          jmb0902
          • Jr. Member
          • 496 posts

            Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by cyntherella
            I'm still new to this forum, I tried to quote the response to this message as well... hopefully it worked.


            You mentioned that guests hung out at the sugar reef bar while you had photo's and then cocktails started at 5pm. During cocktail hour, did you have access to a bar? Was it a private bar for your wedding? Was there limited drinks? Or did you just use the resort bar? Maybe I'm totally crazy, but I don't understand how the bar works. I know that our reception comes with some "cocktails" and some dinner wine... but what about other drinks? My fiance is a former hockey player and 1/2 our guests are hockey boys, and they'll want to have a bar available. Am I going crazy? We've booked the Seaside Grill for our reception... not sure where the cocktails will be.

            Thanks for anyone who can help me! :)
            Hey girl-- we did our cocktail hour at 5:00pm on the beach right off of the Dolphin pool (where our reception was being held). They had champagne readily available, there were several waiters taking drink orders (they were great!), AND the bar is right there if people don't want to wait for the waiter (it wasn't private technically but no one else was around). During the reception, the waiters are great about getting drinks, although we had lots of people walk to the bar to take shots, etc. That's why I thought the Dolphin pool area worked out the best of all the locations I had seen- it was accessible to bar, bathrooms, etc. I hope this helps you out!

            #3056 *Krista*

            *Krista*
            • Member
            • 819 posts

              Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by jmb0902
              Hey girl-- we did our cocktail hour at 5:00pm on the beach right off of the Dolphin pool (where our reception was being held). They had champagne readily available, there were several waiters taking drink orders (they were great!), AND the bar is right there if people don't want to wait for the waiter (it wasn't private technically but no one else was around). During the reception, the waiters are great about getting drinks, although we had lots of people walk to the bar to take shots, etc. That's why I thought the Dolphin pool area worked out the best of all the locations I had seen- it was accessible to bar, bathrooms, etc. I hope this helps you out!
              Thanks for the awesome info! And the information about the $150 fee for setup. That is very helpful! It's good to know that we can bring all our extras and have them set up for a small fee! :)
              July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

              #3057 jerzygirl85

              jerzygirl85
              • Jr. Member
              • 342 posts

                Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jmb0902
                I had 30 lanterns (with LED throwies), chair bows, centerpieces, place markers, etc. and it cost us $150 for all of it to be set up (for ceremony and reception). Hope this helps =)

                i am hoping they will charge me the same way. I don't want to be charged separately for things.

                Did you make the LED throwies yourself? I was looking into it, but it I think once you put them together they stay lit. Did you make them before you went down to DT or when you got there?
                ~~Joanna~~

                Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

                http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

                #3058 taranyc

                taranyc
                • Jr. Member
                • 242 posts

                  Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

                  Thank you Krista. We are still mulling over locations for reception, cocktails, etc. We actually had our date set for 9/26/10 at Dreams Riviera Cancun and were down there for our site visit and just did not like the place. So, the day we were flying out, we drove down to Tulum (we visited there in the past) and set the date, etc. :) Anyhow, we're kinda starting over...but we are leaning toward the beach for the wedding and the dolphin pool area for cocktails and reception. This site has been so great...there is sooooo much to read.

                  Congrats on your upcoming wedding and thank you again!

                  tt

                  #3059 taranyc

                  taranyc
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 242 posts

                    Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

                    SunBride...a huge thank you for all you've done to help us out. I'm only on page 9, but the info and photos you've shared are amazing!
                    xoxoxoo

                    #3060 *Krista*

                    *Krista*
                    • Member
                    • 819 posts

                      Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:54 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by taranyc
                      Thank you Krista. We are still mulling over locations for reception, cocktails, etc. We actually had our date set for 9/26/10 at Dreams Riviera Cancun and were down there for our site visit and just did not like the place. So, the day we were flying out, we drove down to Tulum (we visited there in the past) and set the date, etc. :) Anyhow, we're kinda starting over...but we are leaning toward the beach for the wedding and the dolphin pool area for cocktails and reception. This site has been so great...there is sooooo much to read.

                      Congrats on your upcoming wedding and thank you again!

                      tt
                      I'm glad to hear that you have chosen Dreams Tulum! :) I've heard lots of wonderful things about the resort, so it doesn't surprise me that you liked it when you visited. I'm thinking about doing my reception at the dolphin pool area as well, or beach, I can't decide. I like the idea of my feet in the sand while I'm dancing, however, it may not be so practical.

                      You will definitely find lots of information on here! If you have any specific questions you can't find an answer to, just post them, and there are lots of upcoming/previous brides who can help you out! Good luck with your planning!
                      July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users