Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2641 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by violetvixen
    thanks amyandrich, for answering my question.

on another note, I'm having a minor freakout about photography. We've asked a dear friend/ impressive amateur photographer to shoot our wedding, and offered to pay her travel expenses as compensation for her services. She initially agreed, but now may be unable to attend due to some unexpected medical issues. I emailed for quotes from some of the professionals that others on this board have used, and I just don't think we have the budget for it. However, I'm afraid to rely on the resort photographer (which is included in our wedding package) as I've heard extremely mixed reviews.

Do any already-marrieds have images from the resort photographer that they can share? Or any feedback about using this service? Thanks in advance!
    Dreams425 used the resort photographer and really liked him...

#2642 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jmb0902
      I was wondering if any of the previous brides has an answer to this question:

Is there room at both the adult/relax pool and the dolphin pool for a dance floor area/DJ or is one better than the other through your experience??

Thanks!
      If you want a dance floor I would say to put it on the beach right next to the pools.

#2643 carmen2009

carmen2009
      • 49 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

Hey JoAnn - I think I am having my reception at the pool as well. Natalia indicated that that I could have a DJ there - I am hoping this is correct. Are you bringing any decorations?

#2644 SunBride

SunBride
        • 1,499 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by violetvixen
          thanks amyandrich, for answering my question.

on another note, I'm having a minor freakout about photography. We've asked a dear friend/ impressive amateur photographer to shoot our wedding, and offered to pay her travel expenses as compensation for her services. She initially agreed, but now may be unable to attend due to some unexpected medical issues. I emailed for quotes from some of the professionals that others on this board have used, and I just don't think we have the budget for it. However, I'm afraid to rely on the resort photographer (which is included in our wedding package) as I've heard extremely mixed reviews.

Do any already-marrieds have images from the resort photographer that they can share? Or any feedback about using this service? Thanks in advance!
          There is a 3rd option you haven't mentioned which is using a local photographer from off-resort, this will likely fall in between the cost of the resort photographer and flying one in (in general, although there are a few very expensive local photographers).

My personal favorites are Claudia Photo and Moments That Matter. However there are a ton more that are cheaper. The two most popular high end ones are Del Sol and Elizabeth Medina although they will cost you more than the average cost to fly in a photographer.

Check out the rest of the Riviera Maya sub-forum (both the general sub-sub section and the vendor sub-sub section) and you will find tons of threads about local photographers.

#2645 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ddk5576
            Dreams should give you a referral fee!
            I know, I keep thinking if I had approached them a year ago I could be rich by now :)

#2646 ddk5576

ddk5576
            • 209 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

@violetvixen - I am dealing with a travel agent and are using her wholesaler connection...but the contract is for a 20-30+ discounted room rate, so we can have the pricing locked in now. I haven't seen the actual contract/paperwork, but my TA is referring to it as a contract...when I get it in hand and read it, I will know more. It may not be from the resort?!

#2647 carmen2009

carmen2009
              • 49 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

Does anyone have a newletter/welcome brochure that you could email me to me? I've seen some templates posted on the site but I dont have enough points. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Carmen
                cmagana77@yahoo.com

#2648 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
                • 342 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hi ladies, does anyone know if children need to pay for day passes? I have one family that has decided to stay in cancun instead of DT. They have two kids, 2 and 4, and need to know if they need to also pay for day passes.
                  ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#2649 jmb0902

jmb0902
                  • 496 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carmen2009
                    Hey JoAnn - I think I am having my reception at the pool as well. Natalia indicated that that I could have a DJ there - I am hoping this is correct. Are you bringing any decorations?
                    Hey girl-- I loved Starlitk's set up, so I am going to buy some paper lanterns for them to string up and some chair sashes. I'm not sure about table covers yet... prob not. How about you??

#2650 jmb0902

jmb0902
                    • 496 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carmen2009
                      Does anyone have a newletter/welcome brochure that you could email me to me? I've seen some templates posted on the site but I dont have enough points. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Carmen
                      cmagana77@yahoo.com
                      I just emailed you =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users