Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2281 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,025 posts

    Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

    HI girls-I just posted some pro pictures from Erik Rodriguez. If you are looking for a photographer I would definitely look at him. My husband and I are literally blown away at the pictures.

    http://bestdestinati....234#post838036

    #2282 BellaBeachBabe

    BellaBeachBabe
    • Newbie
    • 59 posts

      Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:43 AM

      Hi Everyone,

      I'm about to book my photographer (Citalli from Claudia Rodriguez photography), I inquired about doing a TTD session the following day and she quoted me 1000$ USD for about 2 hours of work. Is this the going rate for the TTD sessions? I thought it was a bit pricey considering I am paying close to 4000$ USD for the previous day...plus I am canadian and our exchange rate sucks so $4000 USD for me is 4500$....

      I have already asked her for a package deal...still waiting for her response. Otherwise, does anyone know who I can book for a TTD session only at a cheaper price?

      Thanks!

      #2283 BellaBeachBabe

      BellaBeachBabe
      • Newbie
      • 59 posts

        Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:00 AM

        Hi again,

        My FI and I would like to have a horse (preferably white) at the end of the ceremony for us to exit on. Does anyone know where I can organize this? Either through an outside vendor or via the resort?

        Thanks

        Jessica

        #2284 Blkatz

        Blkatz
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,025 posts

          Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by BellaBeachBabe
          Hi Everyone,

          I'm about to book my photographer (Citalli from Claudia Rodriguez photography), I inquired about doing a TTD session the following day and she quoted me 1000$ USD for about 2 hours of work. Is this the going rate for the TTD sessions? I thought it was a bit pricey considering I am paying close to 4000$ USD for the previous day...plus I am canadian and our exchange rate sucks so $4000 USD for me is 4500$....

          I have already asked her for a package deal...still waiting for her response. Otherwise, does anyone know who I can book for a TTD session only at a cheaper price?

          Thanks!
          I had a TTD with Erik from Claudia's team and I will tell you that he was amazing. Yes, you might be able to find someone cheaper but you will also not get as great quality. I just got my pictures back and we were blown away by how amazing they came out.

          #2285 Lindz

          Lindz
          • Newbie
          • 109 posts

            Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:55 AM

            Hi Girls! Had a quick question for you all...I have a laptop I'd like to bring to Tulum but Im not sure about the security in the rooms. I read somewhere on here that the safes are kinda small....does anyone have more information on keeping laptops in the safes? (size of safe?)

            Thanks! Leaving in 3 days!!!!

            #2286 wahmsuzanne

            wahmsuzanne
            • Newbie
            • 131 posts

              Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

              Does anyone know of any xel ha discount tickets? We really want to go and take the kids and our group but it's $75 adult to get in ($37.50 kids) and I'd love to find a discount of some kind.

              Also I remember reading on here of someone who order sandwiches packed to go on an outing ... does anyone know more about that? I'd love to take lunch and eat on the beach after touring the ruins.

              I'm down to the wire ... we leave in 11 days.

              Thanks for all of the help ladies! *SmiLes* Suzanne

              #2287 Blkatz

              Blkatz
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,025 posts

                Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lindz
                Hi Girls! Had a quick question for you all...I have a laptop I'd like to bring to Tulum but Im not sure about the security in the rooms. I read somewhere on here that the safes are kinda small....does anyone have more information on keeping laptops in the safes? (size of safe?)

                Thanks! Leaving in 3 days!!!!
                both Jay and I put our laptops in the safe and we were fine. A few times we left them out and they were fine also.

                #2288 starlitk

                starlitk
                • Newbie
                • 76 posts

                  Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BellaBeachBabe
                  Hi everyone,

                  I just got an e-mail from Aurora stating that the reception only last 3hrs? Is this the case with all of you? She told me my reception would start at 6:30 and finish at 9:30? Ummm...that is a bit short no? Especially when I have a DJ booked until 10:30
                  I believe our reception is 7 to 10:00 also, but I have heard that other brides have successfully gotten it extended a half hour or so.

                  Has anyone else who is getting married at the end of June had really slow communication with the coordinators this month? We emailed Aurora on June 2, 8, and 11th and have not gotten a response from her. This is so frustrating because we leave on the 24th, and need to wait for her response to finish some stuff - including a mass email to our guests who have been asking us questions we don't have answers to. Plus, they have STILL NOT confirmed whether we have the Seaside Grill, and now we are less than 2 weeks out. Ugh.

                  #2289 Rebecca&George

                  Rebecca&George
                  • Newbie
                  • 92 posts

                    Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:13 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Chanti
                    Hey there, this is the standard timing apparently, our reception is 7-10PM. We're only 14 people though, so didn't hire a DJ. Not sure how possible it is to have the reception time extended. We're just planning on hoping over to the disco with our guests who are not too exhausted at that point!

                    Chantal
                    Our reception is the same length....and I am sure I will see you in the Disco - because 10PM is way too early for some of our friends and family to call it quits :o)

                    #2290 Soon2beTWells

                    Soon2beTWells
                    • Banned
                    • 125 posts

                      Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by starlitk
                      I believe our reception is 7 to 10:00 also, but I have heard that other brides have successfully gotten it extended a half hour or so.

                      Has anyone else who is getting married at the end of June had really slow communication with the coordinators this month? We emailed Aurora on June 2, 8, and 11th and have not gotten a response from her. This is so frustrating because we leave on the 24th, and need to wait for her response to finish some stuff - including a mass email to our guests who have been asking us questions we don't have answers to. Plus, they have STILL NOT confirmed whether we have the Seaside Grill, and now we are less than 2 weeks out. Ugh.
                      Yes, I have had the same problem. I have asked several questions...three different times starting back on the 2nd of June as well. I really need to know the conformation of our menu so I can get those printed up since we leave on Saturday...

                      Also does anyone know if we can pay before we go down? One of our family members who can not go because of work wants to pay for the wedding as our gift...so I REALLY hope that he is able to do that...

                      I am also bummed because we are not allowed to do the bonfire as of two weeks ago because of sea turtle nesting season. I have asked how to set up a privite event/ make resv. in one of the resturants and still haven't heard a word...STRESSED!!

                      Lindz when are you leaving, I know we are getting married on the same day (So Exciting) did they confirm your reception location?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users