Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2001 sgbrown

sgbrown
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SunBride
    I'm so so sorry. I know you have spent a LOT of time planning your wedding. What resort are you going to in Jamaica?

It seems especially crazy for the Dreams Tulum brides to be going through this, considering what happened with the temporary resort closure last fall (see the links at the bottom of page 1 for any new brides wondering what the heck I'm talking about).
    Our new resort is the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I have a mere two weeks to plan my new wedding before leaving for my
    'honeymoon' on May 11th. I'm back in Canada for 2 days, then off to Jamaica on May 30th. Our new wedding day is June 2nd. So far, 36 of our 55 guests have re-booked so that feels really good.

Now I need to see whether there is an Iberostar Rose Hall Suites thread... haha.

Thanks for all your well wishes. It's been a tough week but I'm starting to feel better today.

#2002 sdtooley

sdtooley
    • 109 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

sgBrown,
      I am so sorry to hear that you are having to switch up everything after working so hard!
      Just to ease some of your nerves... one of my best friends got married there last in April of last year right after the resort was opened and it was a BEAUTIFUL wedding and such a beautiful resort! I absolutely loved it and it is the main reason why I chose to do a destination wedding. So good luck and have a blast!

#2003 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

I saw that resort on my way to Couples Sans Souci in January and it looked beautiful. Plus I know somebody who went there, normally he goes to Sandals (so he is used to high end resorts) and he said Iberostar Rose Hall Suites was awesome.

#2004 northernflasher

northernflasher
        • 499 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:35 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sdtooley
          sgBrown,
          I am so sorry to hear that you are having to switch up everything after working so hard!
          Just to ease some of your nerves... one of my best friends got married there last in April of last year right after the resort was opened and it was a BEAUTIFUL wedding and such a beautiful resort! I absolutely loved it and it is the main reason why I chose to do a destination wedding. So good luck and have a blast!
          As usual the girls are on hand to offer words of support... sgbrown good luck with everything, I have every faith it will be perfect. Keep smiling
          Best wishes
          Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

#2005 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:00 AM

Beth - any update on how many of your guests have shown up? I was just searching your recent posts and I saw you mentioned your best friend has arrived (YAY!!!) and that some other guests were suppose to still come. I know your wedding is tomorrow. I hope some of the important people (parents/siblings) can make it. We all have our fingers crossed for you. Make sure to report back ASAP after and tell us how it went and pictures.

#2006 Dreams425

Dreams425
            • 105 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

Hi girls!!! I'm BAACK! Today is my first day back in the office so things are a little crazy but I wanted to let you know I'm here and swine flu free along with all of our other guests! The wedding was amazing. I'm aiming to write my review tonight, pending my internet working at home my new hubby said he was having some trouble with it this morning. As long as its working this evening my review will be posted :) I can't believe its over.

I'm so sorry for the girls who have to move/postpone their trips and Beth I hope you and all of your guests have an amazing time.

#2007 Chanti

Chanti
              • 310 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

I remember reading somewhere in this thread that if you upgrade your room to OceanFront or better, you have access to some sort of lounge? Does anyone know what I'm talking about or did I dream I read this? We have 3 hours between cocktail party and the start of dinner, so we're looking to have a Wii Mario Kart party. If indeed this lounge exists I'd like to see about booking it so that we can play this video game as a team against our guests while we wait. Pretty cheesey, but our first date after meeting on eHarmony was to meet online and play Mario Kart together :-)

#2008 Blkatz

Blkatz
                • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

Well ladies my 2 best friends and their husbands are here and we are still getting married even if it just the 6 of us.
                  Natalia has been amazing-I just spoke to her and we decided I would do the free package since we are a small group.
                  I have seen a ton of weddings and they are so amazing! I just saw one in the chapel and it looked beautiful.
                  Chanti-we are in a honeymoon suite and I am not sure what you mean about a lounge. I know that in Puerto Aventuras there is one but not in Tulum

#2009 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Chanti
                    I remember reading somewhere in this thread that if you upgrade your room to OceanFront or better, you have access to some sort of lounge? Does anyone know what I'm talking about or did I dream I read this? We have 3 hours between cocktail party and the start of dinner, so we're looking to have a Wii Mario Kart party. If indeed this lounge exists I'd like to see about booking it so that we can play this video game as a team against our guests while we wait. Pretty cheesey, but our first date after meeting on eHarmony was to meet online and play Mario Kart together :-)
                    Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Although there is one really big suite, you can see it in this picture (right above the towel hut). You can see it has a really big patio. I'm thinking maybe that's what you are talking about I assume it must be something like a penthouse suite or something. Probably has a bigger living room which you could use for your video games and you could have guests hanging outside on your patio. The room probably costs a fortune but maybe you could get it just for your wedding day.
                    Click the image to open in full size.

#2010 WindsorBride

WindsorBride
                    • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:18 AM

Hi ALL!

My fiance and I are getting married at Dreams Tulum on Dec. 11, 2009!!

Username: WindsorBride
                      Names: Maureen Flanagan and Daniel Shelley
                      Date & Time: December 11, 2009 at 4pm
                      Wedding package: Silver
                      Wedding extras (and cost charged): not sure yet
                      Type of ceremony:
                      Coordinator: Landy
                      Number of guests: approx 15 to 20
                      Ceremony location & time: Chapel 4pm
                      Cocktail hour location and time: not sure yet
                      Reception location: not sure yet...hopefully indoors...suggestions please!
                      Photographer: Cecilia Dumas
                      Videographer: not using one as of yet
                      Review (link):
                      Photos (link):
                      Video (link):

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users