Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#1151 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

Sunbride - Please add me to the list. I think I may be the first 2010 bride!

Username: jerzygirl85
    Names (optional, first names only): Joanna & Chris
    Date & Time: April 24, 2010 at 5 PM
    Wedding package: Ultimate
    Wedding extras (and cost charged): don't know yet, but i'm sure something will come up
    Type of ceremony: Symbolic/Religious
    Coordinator: I've been emailing between Natalia & Anabel
    Number of guests: around 35
    Ceremony location: Beach or chapel
    Reception location: Beach or by one the pools
    Photographer: Claudia Rodriguez and the resort photographer for ttd
    Videographer: I might go with Claudia's husband, not sure yet
    Special arrangements / activities (i.e. welcome dinner, special set-up, anything that's not the norm): planning a snorkeling trip on a catamaran
    ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#1152 neen

neen
    • 633 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

hey guys - i want to have votives on our tables, surrounding the centerpiece...do you think DT has these or will I have to bring them? i mentioned it in my emails and information sheets for Landy/Anabel, but didn't hear anything back and not sure whether that's good or bad news :)

#1153 Blkatz

Blkatz
      • 1,025 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

I would think that they have them...have you called them?

#1154 neen

neen
        • 633 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

yeah, no i haven't called them...i haven't done much of anything these last couple of days except dread packing and eat my face off...after all this time i think my brain and body are rebelling against this wedding - or at least the planning and dieting part :) hehehehe.

i'll give them a buzz and see what they say...i have to assume that at the very least the florist would have them and charge me extra for them (and at this point who cares!)

#1155 Blkatz

Blkatz
          • 1,025 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

HAHA! How many bags do you have packed so far? I can only imagine how many we will have :) I feel like I have seen a few pictures with votives. I definitely have actually.

#1156 Lauren & JT

Lauren & JT
            • 38 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sgbrown
              Hey girls,

Quick question for any of the recently married brides. Have any of you been given a hard time about honouring the 2007-2008 wedding guide prices? I have an email from Lizet telling me I can have the old pricing, so hopefully everything will be OK for my wedding in May. Just wonderin'!
              Hmmm...Anabel told me that we would have to go by the new wedding guide, despite the fact that we confirmed our wedding '07!!!!!! Maybe I should talk to Lizet instead.

#1157 Blkatz

Blkatz
              • 1,025 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

Lizet doesn't work there anymore. If you had an email from her saying that they would use the old rates tell Landy that.

#1158 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

Some girls have definitely paid the old price. Try to print out an email that proves when you booked. Also fight hard by telling them that other girls paid the old price.

I do remember there is a bride this fall who paid the new price even though they had booked with the old guide, but she said she didn't bother arguing about it and figured that if she had they might have given it to her.

Although it does say in the guide price subject to change, so they do have the right, but still I think it's not very fair if you've made arrangements based on a certain price.

#1159 neen

neen
                  • 633 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

I think SunBride is actually referring to me...when i went for my site visit in July I spoke to Landy about the old vs new prices and she said i had to pay the new ones anyway and i didn't fight it, though if I had, I'm sure she would have said it was OK to go with the old guide prices. to me, we're still getting the 5 course menu (where as in the new guide its only 4 courses) so I don't mind paying the extra $10 per head.

OH - and I had asked earlier about candles with centerpieces and it turns out I'm total dummy - its right in the new guide that table centerpieces with candles is $75 (vs straight centerpiece for $65) so I'm all set there :)

#1160 Lindz

Lindz
                    • 109 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

Thank you so much for your help with the welcome packets! I really appreciate it! Ill be making a combination of a bunch! You are lifesavers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users