Should STD and Invite styles match?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

I was wondering should the style of the STD's match the invites?

I designed a fun boarding pass STD but the invites we are looking at are pocket fold, totally different look and a bit more formal. Does that matter? I know the invite is suppose to set the mood of the wedding but should the STD also? Thanks, Carla

#2 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

i think as long as there is some coordination with fonts, colors and perhaps your logo then it is totally fine!

#3 weddingchick

• 1,052 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

I don't think it really matters. I'm doing a fun STD and considering a fun or more formal invite.
        You can pretty much do anything you'd like.

#4 sumrdream

• 218 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

I don't think it really matters...DW are so fun and dont follow the rules anyway! I'm using a boarding pass STD and a pocketfold invitation that is more "formal" but still tropical in theme............the color scheme ties it together....
          June 01, 2009, Nassau Bahamas
          My Planning Bio

#5 Yari

• VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

My STD and invite only carried the same color theme, but they were totally different.

#6 kerryjbrown

• 672 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

I am planning on going a totally different feel for the invite but maintaining the metallic paper. The paper companies I have spoken with have told me the do not need to match, so I am hoping they are right

#7 Stina168

• 170 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

My STD & invitations are going to be completely different. I think you can go either way on this. I wanted to do a fun/casual STD that incorporated our dogs in the pic dressed up in sombreros, but I want our invitations to be more formal, yet fun. I'm sure it would be nice if everything matched, but I think you can go outside the box with a DW! That's just my 2 cents :)

#8 boscobel

• VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

I think they can be completely differnt. We went the more formal route for std's cuz I didn't know any better and then used the boarding pass for our invites. People still have them hanging on their fridges cuz they had never seen anything like it before.

I would stick with the same theme though. Like my std and invite's both used hibiscus' and our wedding colors - orange and blue (and pink was added to the invites).

#9 endlesslove

• 362 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

We're doing Boarding passes for our STD's and pocket folds for invites. Both will be different. The STDs will be brighter, tropical colors, and the invites are blue, white and tan. I don't think anyone would care if they match or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users