Dreams Cancun or Moon Palace?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lgarner83

lgarner83
  • 530 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

Hi There!
    Originally we had planned to get married at RIU Montego Bay however the cost has suddenly sky rocketed for next year so we have been looking at other options. I am absolutely in love with the look of Dreams Cancun...but for shopping arounds sake, i have stumbled across Moon Palace a couple times as well- especially here where the pros are! :) I tried to do a basic flight search but came up empty handed...beofre i go see a TA, which is more affordable? If you have already been married at either, or have visited either...what do you think

Lisa

#2 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:22 PM

i have not been to dreams cancun, but i did spend one awesome week at Moon Palace. We LOVED LOVED LOVED it. the rooms are all really nice, with a jacuzzi tub, 24 hour room service, inroom liquor dispensors, friendly staff, big pools, good booze included (ie shots of patron!)

so i'd vote moon palace. You guests cannot be disapointed with that resort, it's awesome!

#3 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:49 AM

i think the rius in jamaica are actually cheaper than both dreams and moon palace ... at least they were last time i checked (which was months ago, so i could be wrong). also it could have a lot to do with the time of year you're looking at (totally different season than i was looking in).

moon palace is great and they do a horse-drawn carriage for the bride, but we eventually decided on dreams. good luck with your decision-making! it was definitely the hardest thing so far!

#4 lgarner83

lgarner83
        • 530 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:12 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          i think the rius in jamaica are actually cheaper than both dreams and moon palace ... at least they were last time i checked (which was months ago, so i could be wrong). also it could have a lot to do with the time of year you're looking at (totally different season than i was looking in).

moon palace is great and they do a horse-drawn carriage for the bride, but we eventually decided on dreams. good luck with your decision-making! it was definitely the hardest thing so far!

It will actually be several hundred dollars cheaper per person from here! Yay! It sounds like they are both equally beautiful, thanks!

#5 Dez921714

Dez921714
          • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

I'm biased...if you have any questions about the Moon Palace feel free to PM me :) You can even pop over to the Moon Palace thread and ask there if you want :)
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

doesn't moon palace has a no outside photographer policy?

i think right now dreams allows outside photogs for a $50 day pass.

i used funjet.com to compare prices easily. it helped to narrow stuff down. with airfare getting so high it helps to save on the hotel.

#7 Dez921714

Dez921714
              • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

They do have a no outside photogrophy rule...that's the only thing so far that sucks!

The way around it is to bring a photogropher with you. If they are a guest at the resort, they will allow it.
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

#8 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
                • 466 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

Best thing to do is read through the threads for both and decide. I was not very impressed with moon Palace location and was looking for something a little more kid friendly so we went with Dreams. happy Hunting.

#9 ashrose

ashrose
                  • 422 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

I picked Moon Palace because of the group booking benefits (free nights and private functions) and the fact that it is SOO big that people can find places to "get away" if family drama creeps in.

I do have to say that the carriage was also a huge seller.

#10 Dez921714

Dez921714
                    • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

I agree that you should read through threads for both.

Another HUGE seller for me for the MP is that if guests stay 3 or more nights, some excursions are included at no extra cost (tulum, chiten itza, isal mujeras).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users