Photo

Sand ceremony picture frame box

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#81 carolina24

carolina24
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

so ladies i was thinking about just doing the ceremony with regular vases and then redoing it here with the frame so that i can put a wedding pic in the frame (once you glue the glass, you cant change the pic) plus from what i've read on another thread, the sand shifts and some brides end up redoing anyway. i would also hate for the frame to break in travel (thats just my luck). what do you think??

#82 NyBeachBride

NyBeachBride
    • 295 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

i thought of that too but i want the frame there because it does look nice and guests will def think its something diff and prob something theyve never seen so i will be taking it as a carry on so it doesnt break or shift, both ways...ill take a duffel back with me as a carry on...also fyi, u can change the picture, that glass for the pic isnt glues purpusly so that u can clean it and change the pic
      "

#83 NyBeachBride

NyBeachBride
      • 295 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by s_katrese
        Thanks so much for this ladies, I just ordered my Umbra frame from Amazon and it qualified for free shipping. I hope to have it by next weekend so I can work on gluing the frame together. Thanks again for the info. :)
        no problem, u get married the day before me :) isnt it soooo close! yay!
        "

#84 carolina24

carolina24
        • 1,573 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NyBeachBride
          i thought of that too but i want the frame there because it does look nice and guests will def think its something diff and prob something theyve never seen so i will be taking it as a carry on so it doesnt break or shift, both ways...ill take a duffel back with me as a carry on...also fyi, u can change the picture, that glass for the pic isnt glues purpusly so that u can clean it and change the pic
          i thought you glued the second and third piece? wouldnt you put the pic on the second piece of glass?

#85 lexibride

lexibride
          • 276 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

Does anyone know how much sand to purchse to fill the frame? We are doing this with me, my daughter and fiance, so there will be three colors. I just don't know how much to buy.

#86 Ayita

Ayita
            • 861 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lexibride
              Does anyone know how much sand to purchse to fill the frame? We are doing this with me, my daughter and fiance, so there will be three colors. I just don't know how much to buy.
              We just two small bags (two colors) and that was enough, we even have some sand left.

#87 lexibride

lexibride
              • 276 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

Ayita, by any chance do you remember how many pounds of sand was in each bag? Maybe 2 pounds? It seems that is a pretty normal size across the board.

#88 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lexibride
                  Ayita, by any chance do you remember how many pounds of sand was in each bag? Maybe 2 pounds? It seems that is a pretty normal size across the board.
                  I can't remember and i cannot find the site where I got mine - looks like they are out of business or something ? But they were small bags really. Maybe only 1 pound I think !

You know what, if you have your frame, why don't you try with sugar ? You'll see how much it take to fill it up !

#89 gettinghitched2010

gettinghitched2010
                  • 158 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

I actually made that frame. I have the instructions if anyone needs them..

#90 ldeavila

ldeavila
                    • 206 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

I'd like the instructions!!
                      [IMG]
                      Mr. & Mrs. Rangel!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users