So I emailed Riu again with some of my outstanding questions - just to clarify - and I got a response back from Nancy...below is the question I posed followed by her response...sorry for the long post in advance.
1. The 2011 Caprice package costs $2300 for a symbolic ceremony and includes a semi-private receptino for all our guests at one of the resort restaurants, yet only cake and sparkling wine for 40 guests. What happs if I have mroe than 40 guests? Is there an additional fee above the $2300? What restaurant will the reception be at? Are there choices?
1. The cost of the Caprice Package is $2540 usd for a symbolic ceremony and yes this includes cake and sparkling wine for 40 people.
In oprder to have cake and sparkling wine for more than 40 you could pay 15 usd per extra person (above the 2450).
We have 2 optinos of restaurants for the dinner: Botafogo and Chillis. I am attaching the menus.
Just bare in mind that this menus and the prices are subject to change and also you will pick your choices about 2-3 months prior to the wedding date.
2. What is the number of guests that must book in order to be guaranteed a private reception with no additional cost per guest? For example, I know if I have a minimum of 45 guests that I am able to pay $20 extra per person to guarantee a private reception from 7pm to 11pm. Is there a magic number that automatically allows for a private reception with no additional charge per person?
3. On the other side, what happens if I only have 30 guests? Am I still able to have a private reception? If so, what would the bost per person be in this case?
2 and 3 - If you want a private dinner you have to pay extra (20 USD) on the restaurants and approx (65 USD) on the beach , we donâ€™t offer free private dinners, sorry there's no magical number. The minimum that you have to pay is 45 people. So if you are having a 30 guests wedding you will pay for 45 guest in order to have your dinner as private.
4. The only way to have a DJ is to have a private reception at the resort or to rent out the Yucatan Disco following our semi-private reception, correct? What is the cost to have a DJ for both scenarios? Is that cost on top of the $20 extra per person as mentioned in #1 above? If I book the DJ for the private reception at the resort, must I still pay the extra $20 charge per person?
4.- Yes the only way to have a DJ is to have a private reception or to rent out the Yucatan Disco. The cost of DJ is 1200 USD.
The 20 usd per person that you will pay for the private reception is for the rent of the restaurant with regular menu any other extra has charge as the DJ.