Jump to content

Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??


  • Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#2261 JOSIE

JOSIE
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,792 posts

    Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samira26
    Ladies do any of you know how much a guess pass costs? I have 6 guests will be staying at their time share so will need a day pass but just wasn't sure how much it was I think it was $80 not sure.

    Also the guests offered to pay it themselves but i feel bad making them pay, if you were in my place would you have paid for the day passes or let the guests pay? Not sure what the right thing will be.
    For my wedding in November, our guests staying at a different resort paid $80/person.

    Katie - I saw your pics on FB........SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you had such an awesome time. It makes me re-live my whole wedding :) I'm so happy for you!
    11.28.2009

    #2262 vlvetter7

    vlvetter7
    • Jr. Member
    • 293 posts

      Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

      Katie- great pics on facebook. You looked absolutely beautiful! Two quesitons- what room did you have at the Riu? Suite? And, where was that bar that looked like a cave?

      #2263 LadyTrunck

      LadyTrunck
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,114 posts

        Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:32 AM

        Katie- You looked so beautiful and your guests looked like they were having a blast!!!!! I also love the bridesmaids dresses- such a great mix of colors, and they looked great on all of the girls! FI also wants to know- where is the cave bar?... he was pretty insistent on it haha

        Paige- your day is coming up so soon too- are you ready??

        Looks like everything is coming together for you velvetter- so exciting when that happens.

        I think the guest pass is 100 if they are not staying at a sister Riu resort- but as you see by Josie’s post, it may have changed. IMHO, I would say that it is ok for them to pay themselves. You gave them the option of staying at your resort, and they chose not to. Of course, do whatever you feel, but I don’t think it would be expected that you pay for them. What do other ladies think?

        Hey Josie! How’s married life?
        Married to my BEST FRIEND!
        July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
        Non-Pro Pics:
        http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
        Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

        #2264 samira26

        samira26
        • Newbie
        • 126 posts

          Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:48 AM

          Thanks ladies, so far all 6 guests insisted that they want to pay. i just didnot know what the right thing would be :-)

          Katie - I checked out ur photos in FB, its beautiful! btw where di you get ur earrings from?

          Samira
          Married June 5th 2010 at Riu Palace Riviera Maya

          #2265 JOSIE

          JOSIE
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,792 posts

            Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by samira26
            Thanks ladies, so far all 6 guests insisted that they want to pay. i just didnot know what the right thing would be :-)

            Katie - I checked out ur photos in FB, its beautiful! btw where di you get ur earrings from?

            Samira
            Our guests that stayed elsewhere were total $*(%holes so we did not pay for them. But that is so sweet of you to think of doing that!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LadyTrunck
            Katie- You looked so beautiful and your guests looked like they were having a blast!!!!! I also love the bridesmaids dresses- such a great mix of colors, and they looked great on all of the girls! FI also wants to know- where is the cave bar?... he was pretty insistent on it haha

            Paige- your day is coming up so soon too- are you ready??

            Looks like everything is coming together for you velvetter- so exciting when that happens.

            I think the guest pass is 100 if they are not staying at a sister Riu resort- but as you see by Josie’s post, it may have changed. IMHO, I would say that it is ok for them to pay themselves. You gave them the option of staying at your resort, and they chose not to. Of course, do whatever you feel, but I don’t think it would be expected that you pay for them. What do other ladies think?

            Hey Josie! How’s married life?
            Hey Ladies, sorry for my long absence! I've been terrible at keeping up with BDW but love to check back in and see how all the weddings are turning out. Married life is awesome!!! It helps that my husband is wonderful :)

            I think I did get 2009 pricing on the guests who didnt stay at our resort. I'm so sorry that I havent posted a review yet. I'm having a bad experience with my photog who is also a forum member and I didnt want to post something negative so I chose to post nothing. I'm thinking about writing a review and just not talking about the photography though. If you have questions let me know and I do have videos of our hotel suite, etc!


            11.28.2009

            #2266 LadyTrunck

            LadyTrunck
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,114 posts

              Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by JOSIE
              I'm having a bad experience with my photog who is also a forum member and I didnt want to post something negative so I chose to post nothing. I'm thinking about writing a review and just not talking about the photography though. If you have questions let me know and I do have videos of our hotel suite, etc!

              I'm so glad that married life is going great!! You and hubby looked so happy on your day. I can't believe your having probs with the photog- has it been ongoing? I saw your pics on her blog, and they all looked great! I'm very sorry to hear that. I know she's doing another contest currently...
              Married to my BEST FRIEND!
              July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
              Non-Pro Pics:
              http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
              Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

              #2267 vlvetter7

              vlvetter7
              • Jr. Member
              • 293 posts

                Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

                Josie- I just tried to send you a private message but your mailbox is full...I have a couple questions about your photographer, etc...

                #2268 JOSIE

                JOSIE
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,792 posts

                  Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by vlvetter7
                  Josie- I just tried to send you a private message but your mailbox is full...I have a couple questions about your photographer, etc...
                  sorry! I'll go through and delete some now!
                  11.28.2009

                  #2269 JNagan2011

                  JNagan2011
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 451 posts

                    Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

                    FBed you to Katie!

                    #2270 KLaBate54

                    KLaBate54
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 438 posts

                      Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

                      Hi girls! Thank you for all of the sweet comments!

                      Josie- Welcome back and so nice to hear from you!!!

                      For our room we ended up getting the two story suite...first they put us in room 2118, which is on the opposite side of where the gazebo is. It was also a very musty room, and not a great view...so we requested to be moved, if possible. Two days later they moved us to room 2046, which is supposedly the best room there. It was MUCH better than our first room. No musty smell and PERFECT view! It was also directly overlooking the gazebo, so I didn't have to walk far for the wedding. If you plan on doing the two story suite, I would highly recommend asking for this room; or at least try to be on that side of the building if you are planning to have your ceremony at the gazebo. If you're getting married on the beach, than it probably doesn't matter either way, since it's more centrally located.

                      The cave bar is call Alux and it was so awesome! If you don't remember the name, just get in a cab and tell them to take you to the "cave bar" and they'll know exactly what you're talking about. We went on a Tuesday night and it was actually pretty empty...could have just been the night of the week. We only went for drinks, but they also have dinner, which I almost wish we did one night. Here is the website: Alux | Restaurant & Lounge

                      Samira- I actually got my earrings at a small boutique store in my area. I found them kind of last minute and fell in love with them! If you're having trouble finding earrings let me know and I can always go get a pair and ship them to you...they had another pair of the same ones I had. :)
                      *Katie*




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users