Photo

What size paper umbrellas should I take??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jesjess

jesjess
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

Hi Girls,

It has been some time since I wrote on the forum, have been planning like crazy... and still have sooo much to do.

I have decided to go for a white theme beach wedding, I want to order paper umbrella's for all female gasts ( about 12 ).. I think they are beautifull, but I still have some doubts about the size I should take, Because I live in Holland, and Im ordering them from the US, I dont have a clue what the best size is.
    Im thinking to go for the 28 inch in diameters with a 25 inch bamboo stem. It is the medium size. What do you girls think, did any of you girls choose for this size

#2 msasfraz

msasfraz
    • 392 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

I bought 32 inch from Asianimports.com... the other websites are backordered indefinitely.....rcvd the umbrellas and they are fine... i am going to spray paint them a little to cover the glue on he sticks...

#3 jesjess

jesjess
      • 228 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

Thank you very much for the quick post, wernt the 32 inches to large you think, I have the idea there huge...

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

mine were 28" from Japanese Kimono, Chinese Paper Lanterns, Chopsticks, Chinese Dresses. The provided shade but didn't block anyone's view. Also keep in mind what size the suitcase is you will be transporting them in...they need to fit!

#5 Kryztan

Kryztan
          • 743 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:03 AM

Mine are 32 inch

#6 jesjess

jesjess
            • 228 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

Thanks girls, I think I will go for the 28 inch, not to big and not to small..
              Thanks for the advice, it helped me alot. Sometimes I get so tired of myself. I didnt knew I would make such a fus out of all the small things, like the size of the umbrella's ...

#7 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
              • 417 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

Are you guys giving these to guests or are the BM holding them? I am not a flower person and I am looking for something else my girls can hold...Any ideas?

#8 msasfraz

msasfraz
                • 392 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:17 AM

im giving to BMs, MIL and MOB... was thinking about giving as gift to all female guests also depending on budget...

#9 jesjess

jesjess
                  • 228 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:36 AM

I am giving them to al female guests, because there are only 9 of them at our wedding. We prefered a small wedding ceremonie. I think it would be perfect to provide them some shade, after all, it can be very hot during the ceremonie, and afterwards, they are great for decorating on the pictures..

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
                    • 11,793 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jesjess
                      Hi Girls,

It has been some time since I wrote on the forum, have been planning like crazy... and still have sooo much to do.

I have decided to go for a white theme beach wedding, I want to order paper umbrella's for all female gasts ( about 12 ).. I think they are beautifull, but I still have some doubts about the size I should take, Because I live in Holland, and Im ordering them from the US, I dont have a clue what the best size is.
                      Im thinking to go for the 28 inch in diameters with a 25 inch bamboo stem. It is the medium size. What do you girls think, did any of you girls choose for this size
                      I am moving this thread to the appropriate sub-forum - please pay attention to where you post as the Mods try very hard to keep the forum clean and organzied.

Thanks,
                      Alyssa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users