Photo

Overwhelmed newbie

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 ashrose

ashrose
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

Welcome!!! There is so much information on here -- you'll be on your way to making the best choices in no time.

#12 Crystal&David

Crystal&David
    • 199 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of great information on this site. Good Luck planning!
      http://www.theweddin...icker/28996.png

Crystal & DavidMay 3, 2010

#13 lscilley

lscilley
      • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:52 AM

Welcome to the forum you have lots of time so enjoy all the planning.

#14 MexicoBride09

MexicoBride09
        • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:03 AM

I would have to agree with the fact that your first step should be to talk to a TA. That was the first thing we did and it has been smooth sailing since then! You can give your ideal budget and then (as long as you have a good one), your TA should be able to find you something in your price range. Once you get some names of resorts, check out their websites and see what they offer for wedding packages and depending on what you want for your big day, that will probably be your deciding factor!!

If you have any questions... this is the place to ask them. Congratulations and good luck!!

#15 Elisa

Elisa
          • 42 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

Welcome Sweetie and Congrats and don't you worry , this Forum is amazing and seriously will be able to answer ALL your questions , we have a great group here !!
            Good Luck and Happy Planning !!!

#16 Autumn

Autumn
            • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

welcome, Melissa - and congrats!!

#17 zorlack76

zorlack76
              • 259 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!

#18 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,853 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

Welcome to the forum!!
                  Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#19 angela1184

angela1184
                  • 104 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

let me first start off by saying and CONGRATS on the engagment its so exciting

my FI and i are in the same boat-- we wanted something small and personal but wanted to have our friends and family included still rather than eloping. we too are paying for the entire thing on our own i never realized how much goes into a wedding until now but dont stress just yet!

we went with the all inclusive to save us AND our guest the $$. it is a lot to ask of people to go out of town for a wedding so we thought having food/drinks included was the best route. i went on to Expedia and did a search for places i liked. i am a HUGE beach bum so it wasnt hard to find something that suited me.

if you are tryign to not have kids, it may be difficult if you are having a flower gril/ring boy. we chose to not have one so there wouldnt be the issue of kids at the reception or parents not being able to enjoy themselves. (sorry if that offends anyone) we want our wedding to be fun and memorable, not to be a hassle for our friends/family. so far we have had nothign but positive feedback and they are glad ot get away for a weekend w/out thier kids

best of luck to you and your FI. youll find this site VERY helpful so dotn stress just yet!

#20 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
                    • 415 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

Welcome to the board :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users