Photo

Aisle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 inachka4ever

inachka4ever
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

Hi all, i don't know if this was ever discussed, but sorry for bringing it up again. I need some help with the wedding aisle. The wedding will be on the sand, so I definitely do not want an isle runner. I also think that paying for any decorations there in ROR (from the ones offered) is outrageous. If someone might have any ideas please let me know how to make a beautiful/unique aisle lining (the boarder.) My wedding colors are orange and fuchsia/pink. I thought of maybe lining with colored vase fillers, but I don't know how much is needed, then i switched over to rose petals, but because of the wind, dropped the idea....

Please, if you can, help.

#2 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:57 AM

I'm going to use the rose petals from petalgarden.com

Although its windy, from what I hear, they don't blow away too bad if you don't use a runner. I know other girls have used things like tiki torches (although all ROR weddings seem to be in the daylight) or starfish. My colors are the same, though, and I think I'm going to use a mix of white, fuschia and orange petals. They have freeze-dried as well as silk.

#3 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:19 AM

Here's something I'm considering:

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

#4 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

Oohh Froggie - I LOVE that idea! My WC said that they did not have mats to line the aisle, so these may work as a nice way to define the space! Great idea!
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#5 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

I used the palms to line the aisle and just sprinkled rose petals (I didn't have a flower girl)

I did use a runner on the sand, just to make things a little more even. You can get colored or personalized runners if you want something a little more unique.

#6 inachka4ever

inachka4ever
            • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:54 AM

Thank you soo much, all of the ideas are great. I Love Kristy's pictures, if you have more information on where to obtain those I would greatly appreciate it.

#7 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

I found it while researching some other stuff on St. Lucia. It's just palms and flowers though, so it should be pretty easy to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users