Sand Ceremony Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:06 AM

Ok, these may be really dumb questions but I need some help please. For those of you who did a sand ceremony can you tell me:

1. Do you need to have a large container opening so you can easily pour sand in there? The bottle we bought doesn't have a huge opening, but I saw it posted by several other brides on here. It's like the one thing I don't have picture of ATM, but the hole is like 1 1/4 inches wide. Will it work?

2. At what time in the ceremony is a good time to incorporate the sand ceremony?

#2 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

It will work, we used a picture frame that was really narrow and it was fine. We got some sand on the table but who cares!

Ours was after the vows and ring exchange. Then after the sand we signed the marriage certificate, pronounced husband and wife, kissed, then walked down aisle. It flowed well.
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#3 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
      • Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

So do you just fill the sand with what you have at the table, then fill the rest of the bottle up together? We have starfish holders we are putting sand in, but it's not going to fill very much of the bottle...I feel like these are such stupid questions lol :)

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:19 AM

This is not a stupid question at all. I just bought my sand container and was wondering how to fill it up...am I going to need a funnel? Hmmm...

#5 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:25 AM

We are going to need a funnel. I am going to make a dark pink one out of cardstock.

Our moms are putting sand in first then us. I am using glasses to fill up my vase though, so it will get full faster.

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:27 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Just Martha
              We are going to need a funnel. I am going to make a dark pink one out of cardstock.

Our moms are putting sand in first then us. I am using glasses to fill up my vase though, so it will get full faster.
              Good to know, now I won't feel weird using one. I never thought about making it, great tip! Thanks Martha!

#7 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:29 AM

When doing the sand cer. are you going to fill the entire vase, frame etc? I was thinking if it is not filled and lid put on it will be a mess when you get home. Are you bringing it home?
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#8 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who wondered this...:) We actually decided to use these deep small starfish votives that will be PERFECT for the sand ceremony. The shape will actually act as a funnel :) YAY I'm excited I found a use for them!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users