Photo

Notarized Documents - HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ashakm

ashakm
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

Okay, notarized copies of birth certificates and passports must be received by Chandlyn 30 days before the wedding. I mailed off the paperwork on June 23 and it has been 11 days and she still hasn't received it. I'm getting frantic. It was supposed to reach her on July 3rd to be 30 days in advance. Does anyone know if they are that strict about the 30 days? Does it usually take that long for mail to reach Jamaica?

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ashakm
      Okay, notarized copies of birth certificates and passports must be received by Chandlyn 30 days before the wedding. I mailed off the paperwork on June 23 and it has been 11 days and she still hasn't received it. I'm getting frantic. It was supposed to reach her on July 3rd to be 30 days in advance. Does anyone know if they are that strict about the 30 days? Does it usually take that long for mail to reach Jamaica?
      Maybe you should ask her if its okay for you to send her an email with the copies of the documents. I know that many brides here on BDW have done that & she accepted it. Then maybe give it 1 more week & hopefully she will receive your documents in the mail. I sent mine less than 30 days & it wasn't a problem.

#3 ashakm

ashakm
      • 30 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

Thanks, I can breathe a little bit now!

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ashakm
          Thanks, I can breathe a little bit now!
          LOL...Yes, please do! This is the last thing that you should worry about. Chandlyn is very understanding! I think that you'll be fine if you scan them & send them on their way!

#5 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
          • 382 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

Okay...so this same thing happened to me... I thought my items were lost, so I had my TA ask Chandlyn if it was okay to scan the copies and email them, and she said it was fine... A couple days later, my documents turned up. So I would contact her and ask her if it is okay to email (which I'm sure it is) then stay in contact with her to see if they have arrived... You will be fine.

#6 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:53 AM

I don't know why they even say 30 days anyway! When we had our sit down meeting with her she had our documents in the folder with all the other info she had about our wedding so it's not like she had sent them off to the county office or something.
              See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users