quiche
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:32 AM

Thanks TA Maureen. This helps alot!

#12 quiche

quiche
    • 71 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

Ms Wenna, since you, me and KHarrod will be at ROR during the same time you should seriously consider splitting photog's airfare/hotel 3 ways! She has a really good deal on DW, splitting that 3 ways is such a steal! I'm thinking of going with the same photog that KHarrod is using, it saves sooo much $$. Plus her pics are beautiful!! She's done at least one other BDW bride's photos @ ROR and they came out really nicely!

#13 mswenna74@yahoo.com

mswenna74@yahoo.com
      • 94 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

Thank you Quiche, Im really considering it however we are getting the Royal Package and photos come with it, did you see were we would still have to pay an extra $200 to just have here there taking the pictures I read that in a thread,
        SeaofLove.Wedquarters.com

#14 quiche

quiche
        • 71 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

Hi Wenna, It's my understanding that the extra $200 is for an outside photographer only if he/she is from the Jamaica area. Any photog outside of Jamaica can take your pics as long as they staying at the Riu.

#15 msasfraz

msasfraz
          • 392 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

thanks for the advice brides....

#16 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
            • 456 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

Hi ladies,

I am considering doing my Sept '09 wedding at ROR. Haven't booked yet, the date I really wanted 9/12 is all booked for the times I wanted (lucky girls :)) I am debating on a wedding during the week? How far in advance did you guys book? I thought I was on the ball, but you ladies are way ahead! How did the booking/confirmation process go?

Courtney

#17 JBinjour

JBinjour
              • 107 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

I got married on August 25, 2007. Yes, it was hurricane season. During the previous week, Jamaica was hit by Hurricane Dean. My trip was delayed by two days. When we got there, Ocho Rios had a curfew. Everything closed between midnight and 2 am. Plus, the areas that were opened were running on limited electricity. There were plenty of blackouts during that week.
                Honestly, August and September in Jamaica is very HOT!!! The temperate can go over 90 degrees. In addition, the weather doesn't cooperate fully, but it is tolerable. It is hurricane season. It will rain for about 5,10, even 20 minutes. It will cool down for a few minutes. Then everything will dry out immediately, because the heat will return.
                It all depends on where you are getting married too. If you are getting married by the water, it tends to be cooler. I got married in a tropical garden. LOL, that "ish" was HOT!!!
                I have family (husband's and mother's) throughout the island. So, I had the pleasure of experiencing the different temperatures/climates throughout the island i.e., cool Blue Mountains (Mandeville), hot as hell Kingston, to breezy, hot and cool Ochi (St. Marys)!

Good Luck!!
                "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time.'' ~Unknown

http://ticker.7910.o....JpZWQgZm9y.gif
                http://tickers.Ticke....7aa9/event.png
                http://da.daisypath.com/FBj8m4/.png

#18 bradleysgirl

bradleysgirl
                • 25 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by msasfraz
                  how about the weather for Sept 2007 brides? my wedding is the last weekend in sept 2008 and i have been concerned about the hurricanes...need some comfort past riu brides
                  Hi msasfraz, I wonder if you would share your weather experience? I have a Sept 09 date booked and would appreciate hearing about your Sept weather experiences.
                  Thanks, Jess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users