Jump to content

Photo

December 2008 brides


  • Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#31 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
  • Jr. Member
  • 227 posts

    Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

    Great to see a December Bride thread! My wedding id December 5th, 4pm, Couples Swept Away.

    Here's my to do:
    -Pick up and get rings engraved
    -Order and mail invitations
    -Have fittings for my dress and bridesmaids when they come in
    -Music for ceremony/first dance
    -Have a makeup try
    -Order favors for bags
    -Buy lingerie
    -Gifts for parents
    -Finsih getting gifts for bridal party
    -Get veil material (Saturday)
    -Get groomsmen's and father's alterations done

    I have done:
    -STD sent
    -Had hairstyle tried here
    -booked resort/ceremony/plane tickets
    -booked cocktail reception/band/photographer
    -ordered dresses
    -bought shoes/tiara
    -bought some bridal party gifts
    -registered
    -booked welcome party dinner
    -Booked honeymoon
    -Bought gift bags
    -Got guys outfits

    Time is going so quick now! So far we have 45 booked, feel bad for the people who waited they really are paying more and our resort is completely booked, already have people staying at 3 other resorts in Jamaica.

    -


    #32 Tracy

    Tracy
    • Jr. Member
    • 281 posts

      Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by kevsgirl
      Thanks for the intel, Tracy! I know time is running out (well I feel like it is) for good shoes, because summer's almost over... also, my real problem is that my BMs (sisters) are in Australia, so I can't really do anything until I know their dresses and they have to get shoes to match. Arrrg!

      Do you have friends in Ottawa/are you from Ottawa? Seems a bit of a distance to come from Texas :) You probably liked our summer weather - I hear although it's boiling for us, it's lots cooler for those coming from the south!

      p.s. did your strategy work? are the invites done?
      Andrea, I actually grew up just outside of Ottawa in a small town called Renfrew - so I was home visiting family. It sure does make it tough for you though when your BM's are out of the country.

      So - how is everyone doing on their "to do's"? I got my invitations all printed and cut, but I ran out of star-fish, so I had to order more and am currently waiting on those, once them come, we'll be sending out in the mail.
      I also picked up my BM dresses this week and shipped them off to the girls, and my FI and I went shopping and got our bands (yippee). I started my luggage tags today (am going to send everyone luggage tags about a month before the wedding along with an informational brochure). My next big task is shoes for me (flip flops and sandals and wedding jewelery). Did anyone get flip flops anywhere?

      Happy Planning - let me know how things are going for all of you.



      #33 amy706

      amy706
      • Member
      • 506 posts

        Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

        NJ Bride- we're date twins! YAHOO FOR DEC 5, 2008!!!!

        Wow- looks like you've gotten a lot done. NICE JOB!

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by NJ_bride
        Great to see a December Bride thread! My wedding id December 5th, 4pm, Couples Swept Away.

        Here's my to do:
        -Pick up and get rings engraved
        -Order and mail invitations
        -Have fittings for my dress and bridesmaids when they come in
        -Music for ceremony/first dance
        -Have a makeup try
        -Order favors for bags
        -Buy lingerie
        -Gifts for parents
        -Finsih getting gifts for bridal party
        -Get veil material (Saturday)
        -Get groomsmen's and father's alterations done

        I have done:
        -STD sent
        -Had hairstyle tried here
        -booked resort/ceremony/plane tickets
        -booked cocktail reception/band/photographer
        -ordered dresses
        -bought shoes/tiara
        -bought some bridal party gifts
        -registered
        -booked welcome party dinner
        -Booked honeymoon
        -Bought gift bags
        -Got guys outfits

        Time is going so quick now! So far we have 45 booked, feel bad for the people who waited they really are paying more and our resort is completely booked, already have people staying at 3 other resorts in Jamaica.

        -

        Amy706
        Washington, DC
        Dreams Tulum
        December 5, 2008
        Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

        #34 Cabo OR Bust

        Cabo OR Bust
        • Newbie
        • 89 posts

          Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by amy706
          NJ Bride- we're date twins! YAHOO FOR DEC 5, 2008!!!!

          Wow- looks like you've gotten a lot done. NICE JOB!
          TRIPLETS!! Is anyone starting to feel the pressure of time going by so quickly and not having everything done? I am starting to tell myself I have to focus and stay organized!!

          #35 dainanewell

          dainanewell
          • Jr. Member
          • 203 posts

            Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:37 PM

            I'm so happy i found this thread...I've been hoping someone would start one....so thank you!!!!.....I'm getting married Dec 12 at dreams punta cana.....I'm super excited but am extremly stressed at the same time....lol....I have so much to do still and time is flying by so fast.....i ordered my dress and bridesmaid dresses.....we have our rings.....but we still need to get his attire.....flowergirl dresses..Rb attire.....OOt bags and everything that goes in them.....the list goes on and on.....lol.....good luck to everyone....and happy planning!!!!

            #36 NJ_bride

            NJ_bride
            • Jr. Member
            • 227 posts

              Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

              It's funny people keep asking me how I picked Dec. 5th date and I can't even remember except that it is a Friday and I thought it would be cheaper for people to fly on a weekday. Also wanted to be out of hurricane season.

              Although I have done a lot so far I am starting to feel very overwhelmed. Family problems seem to be mounting. Gonna get a pedicure today and have a great beach club day with my bridesmaid on Sunday.


              #37 kevsgirl

              kevsgirl
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,209 posts

                Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

                So I've made headway on a few of my to-do's, but not much.
                I find that lately I've begun to get a little overwhelmed by all the projects I want to start on and then just plain aggrevated that I can't start most of them because I'm missing some key decisions like COLOURS!!! Or my BMs dresses... they haven't gone shopping and may not...

                What I've sorted out since the 14th of July:

                Create monogram/logo (THANK YOU Amarillis!!!)See if my aunt can perform our ceremony - she can't If not, book minister in Playa through WC - done!

                What wasn't on my list, but I've done:

                - Bought and received my shipment of raffia fans :)
                - Bought and received some rhinestone 'Bride to Be' and 'Just Married' iron ons :)
                - Bought and received our favours (cute little shell Christmas ornaments dipped in silver) :)

                So yeah, back to the colour problem.
                I can't make up my mind!

                light pink, green (romantic feel)
                fuschia, pink, lime green? (more vibrant)
                fuschia and navy blue (classy)

                Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

                #38 kevsgirl

                kevsgirl
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,209 posts

                  Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

                  2 more MAJOR accomplishments today:

                  Bought the dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  and FI and I found a suit for him and he bought it too!!!

                  Also, yesterday I went by Michael's and a few other places and got some ribbon and glue dots today, so I can start on our fans soon!

                  OH and I decided on the colours finally: berry/hot pink, light pink and 'pool' blue. Woohoo!!!

                  #39 arhoyaltres

                  arhoyaltres
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 154 posts

                    Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

                    So I'm EXTREMELY late in finding this thread...not sure how I missed it but I am also getting married in December....Dec. 6th at Secrets Capri. That seems to be a very popular date :)

                    I have a massive to do list but have been making progress until this weekend. I was supposed to put together and send out our invitations (boarding passes-we sent out luggage tags for our STDs), but after printing out the actual passes...I absolutely hated the paper we used. So now I have to try and find new paper, print them out, & assemble by next Sunday so that I won't fall too behind on my schedule.

                    I'm so glad I have this thread...I needed to vent a little!!!

                    #40 Tracy

                    Tracy
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 281 posts

                      Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:48 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kevsgirl
                      So I've made headway on a few of my to-do's, but not much.
                      I find that lately I've begun to get a little overwhelmed by all the projects I want to start on and then just plain aggrevated that I can't start most of them because I'm missing some key decisions like COLOURS!!! Or my BMs dresses... they haven't gone shopping and may not...

                      What I've sorted out since the 14th of July:

                      Create monogram/logo (THANK YOU Amarillis!!!)See if my aunt can perform our ceremony - she can't If not, book minister in Playa through WC - done!

                      What wasn't on my list, but I've done:

                      - Bought and received my shipment of raffia fans :)
                      - Bought and received some rhinestone 'Bride to Be' and 'Just Married' iron ons :)
                      - Bought and received our favours (cute little shell Christmas ornaments dipped in silver) :)

                      So yeah, back to the colour problem.
                      I can't make up my mind!

                      light pink, green (romantic feel)
                      fuschia, pink, lime green? (more vibrant)
                      fuschia and navy blue (classy)

                      Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!


                      I LOVE the Fuschia Pink/Lime Green combination. I've seen a few girls with that, and it looks really really good.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users