aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#51 rach220

rach220
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:32 AM

Hi Marissa,
    I have heard that the North Gazebo is nicer because it is more away from the crowd, but there is supposedly some sort of orange fence right near it at the edge of the resort I think...? Although most of the reviews I read said that it wasn't that noticeable and didn't show up in their pictures/video. I probably would have chosen the North Gazebo if I didn't have a child attending the wedding (so far just one, but she is my flower girl so it's ok)...
    I think the sunset boat ride (Catamaran Cruise?) is out of another Palace Resort...either Cozumel or Isla Mujeres Palace, but I think you can also do a private one right out of Puerto Aventuras or Playacar.
    According to their website, the latest time they can perform a wedding is 6PM. That was the original time we signed up for, but then changed it to give us a little more party time :)
    I have some pictures that my WC sent me I'll post in a few, and I'll see what other info I can dig up...

Married July 16, 2009
    Aventura Cove Palace Resort
    Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#52 rach220

rach220
    • 532 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

Here are a couple documents Yazmin (my WC) at ASP sent me. I think they are older pictures though...the railings on the gazebos look different in newer pictures I've seen. It doesn't say what the pictures are actually of in the first document (private events) but I can ask if anyone is curious...I only cared about the Pandero Terrace. Also, the Pandero Terrace has recently been renovated...she sent me a new pic, I'll post next...

Attached Files

Married July 16, 2009
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#53 rach220

rach220
      • 532 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:04 AM

Current pic of the Pandero...

Click the image to open in full size.

Married July 16, 2009
        Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#54 rach220

rach220
        • 532 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:12 AM

There is a sunset catamaran out of Isla Mujeres Palace but it is kind of far...
          There are some pics in this thread... http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t30099

Also...here is a link to one of the tours that does this out of Puerto Aventuras Marina...very closeby! I would search for others that leave from here too

Married July 16, 2009
          Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#55 rach220

rach220
          • 532 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

Private Sunset Cruise in the Riviera Maya

oops...forgot to post!

Married July 16, 2009
            Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#56 rach220

rach220
            • 532 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

This one is $62 pp for 3 hours with open bar and hors d' oeuvres but you have to have between 30 and 45 people...
              Wind Games – Catamaran - Isla Mujeres, for groups

Married July 16, 2009
              Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#57 rach220

rach220
              • 532 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:17 AM

Oh and it leaves from Puerto Aventuras too (even though it says Isla Mujeres in the link title!)

Married July 16, 2009
                Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#58 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
                • 226 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

MarissaDC -- I'm getting married October 09 as well! What's your date? Maybe we will run into each other :) Our date is October 30.

Don't be too stressed, I'm finding the most important thing to think about at this time is getting the guests organized. My wedding coordinator keeps assuring me that we will have everything planned closer to the date.
                  Danielle & John
                  Aventura Spa Palace
                  October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#59 MarissaDC

MarissaDC
                  • 28 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the links! How close is the Puerto Aventuras cruise?

Also, the roof toop terrace that is pictured in those links--is that the rooftop on top of the Mundace restaurant? If so, it looks huge...does anyone know how many people it holds? I only have 25-30 people so that is why I was leaning towards the Pandera because it looks more intimate. Any thoughts on that?

I've also heard some things about some rooms being newer than others--does anyone know any about the north or south side being renovated?

Dinyell--I haven't locked in my date but I am thinking Oct 24! We may run into each other!
                    Marissa and Shawn
                    Oct 23, 2009
                    Aventura Spa Palace

#60 Jena0609

Jena0609
                    • 75 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by erinnjosh
                      These pictures aren't very good. Elizabeths will be MUCH BETTER!!! Not many people took pictures, everyone just enjoyed themselves... But here are some! I think if you take lots of pictures of how you want your hair done then you'll be OK! I only had 2 little ones...It wasn't awful, just not the natural beachy theme I was going for... Mundaca is a great place, they'll put you off by yourself, Its a big place, plus even though it says "casual" it's still really nice by most US restaurant standards! They wait on you hand and foot! La Hacienda is where we had our dinner, its on the same side, they were hesitant because its their busiest restaurant but we asked nicely. Either one would be great!! They go out of their way to make it special. I thought about bringing in my own aisle runner too, but it was pretty windy so I just didn't bother. And they forgot to take the carpet up, but my Groom was on top of it! So he reminded the wedding coordinator and she took care of it at 3:50 for our 4pm wedding! Thank goodness...I wouldn't have walked down the aisle otherwise, jk.

I wasn't into the gazebo either, but its nice because it blocks some of the wind and sounds from the resort. It worked out great. Will let you know when the pro pics are up but until then...

Snapfish: Share:Registration_Opt2
                      Erin,

The pictures that you posted on snapfish, are those from the onsite wedding photographer, or your guests? I was under the impression that you could not have an "outside" photographer, so what did you have to do? We are getting married on June 06, and I am so excited to have found this website. The information that many of you have posted has all ready helped me out a lot.
                      Mexico Wedding Cancelled!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users