aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#1681 sach26

sach26
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:56 AM

Thanks Sgray!

Your wedding was beautiful!!! I cannot wait for my day!

#1682 sxcT

sxcT
    • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:21 AM

Congrats!!  That has to be a great feeling. 

Originally Posted by adales 

Woo hoo!  We are officially over 75 room nights booked!  And we still have over 4 months to go!  Bring on the private events galore!

#1683 sgray

sgray
      • 116 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:22 AM

Thank you so much! Your day will be here before you know it...

Originally Posted by sach26 

Thanks Sgray!

Your wedding was beautiful!!! I cannot wait for my day!

#1684 sxcT

sxcT
        • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

I am bringing my own chair sashes, possibly table runners, centerpieces, fans and other decor.  I hope it all fits in one big suitcase along with the OOT bag items and I'll have someone else bring it since I'll have so much other stuff. 

#1685 adales

adales
          • Site Supporter
          • 545 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

I know your feeling!  I am starting to assign other people to bring some of these things because I already have so much to bring!

Originally Posted by sxcT 

I am bringing my own chair sashes, possibly table runners, centerpieces, fans and other decor.  I hope it all fits in one big suitcase along with the OOT bag items and I'll have someone else bring it since I'll have so much other stuff. 

#1686 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
            • 324 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

Wow I really hope I reach 75 room nights!!! Come on people book ;)

#1687 sxcT

sxcT
              • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

I'll be lucky if I get 60.  The closer it gets the more drama I am going thru with ppl and more are saying they are not coming.  I am just trying to let it go and know that the ppl who are showing up are the most important ones.  I am already down two bridesmaids, one friend and several co-workers because ppl are starting to show their true colors.  This whole process has been an eye opener for me.

Good news is I do have my first official booked guest - my grandma!!  That really made me feel good when she told me.

I am about to hit the 9 month mark so hopefully family and the bridal party will start to book.   

#1688 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
                • 324 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by sxcT 

I'll be lucky if I get 60.  The closer it gets the more drama I am going thru with ppl and more are saying they are not coming.  I am just trying to let it go and know that the ppl who are showing up are the most important ones.  I am already down two bridesmaids, one friend and several co-workers because ppl are starting to show their true colors.  This whole process has been an eye opener for me.

Good news is I do have my first official booked guest - my grandma!!  That really made me feel good when she told me.

I am about to hit the 9 month mark so hopefully family and the bridal party will start to book.   

I'm a little worried about the same things but I know that the people who REALLY care about us are going to be there. So i'll have to try and remember that!!!

#1689 jszy10

jszy10
                  • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

We actually only sent out 25 invitations (knowing well already that at least 10 of them were to people that weren't going to/able to come).  We actually chose a destination wedding because neither of us wanted a lot of people at our wedding.  It might sound awful, but both of us are from pretty big italian families, and neither my FI or I have ever once had the desire to have 100+ people watch us get married.  We only invited our bridal party and very close family to come, and are having a big AHR for that exact reason.

If the numbers ever start to bother you, just think about the fact that you will have more time to celebrate and spend with the people who love you the most.  I know that is ultimately what we are so thankful for.

#1690 sxcT

sxcT
                    • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

I only wanted a few ppl 20-30 and I only cared about family and the bridal party.  But when its your supposedly best friend and another close friend (both bridal party) who you have always bent over backwards for and would go to the ends of the earth for and you realize they won't do it for u....it is a huge disappointment.  It's the ones I really cared about being there so it really sucks.  I know it will be great once we are down there with those who chose to make it but dealing with all this crap along the way isn't so much fun. 

We actually only sent out 25 invitations (knowing well already that at least 10 of them were to people that weren't going to/able to come).  We actually chose a destination wedding because neither of us wanted a lot of people at our wedding.  It might sound awful, but both of us are from pretty big italian families, and neither my FI or I have ever once had the desire to have 100+ people watch us get married.  We only invited our bridal party and very close family to come, and are having a big AHR for that exact reason.

If the numbers ever start to bother you, just think about the fact that you will have more time to celebrate and spend with the people who love you the most.  I know that is ultimately what we are so thankful for.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users