Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#1551 sgray

sgray
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

Thank you. We really did have a fantastic time!

The music was plenty loud.Not as loud as the DJ from the night prior, but it worked for us.  I bought a Logitech (

Wow what a great review!!  Thank you so much for sharing.  Sounds like you and your guests had a great time.

Questions:

Quote:
    I brought my own iPod dock and iPod for music and it worked very well.

How many guests did you have? Where was your private event held? 

I would love to bring my own iPod and dock to save about $400 but I am concerned it wouldn't be loud enough for my private function outside. 

Thoughts??

We sent everyone inside to the lobby bar for cocktails as we went with the photographer for pics.

So this was not a private cocktail hour, correct?  Did all your guests stay together?  We are considering this instead of paying for a cocktail hour so I just want to hear if there were any issues.  Was it far for them to walk to?  Did they all go to the reception at the right time?

Thanks!!

#1552 sxcT

sxcT
    • 1,282 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

That helped tremendously.  Thanks a bunch!!  I think you may have saved me up to $1000 with the music and cocktail info.  Thank u thank u thank u!!

#1553 adales

adales
      • Site Supporter
      • 545 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

Shalanda-

Were you happy with the resort photographer?  That is all I have booked right now and I am having doubts based on other brides booking outside photography.

Thanks!

#1554 Banksnelson

Banksnelson
        • 109 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for the review and pics Shalanda! I love how you had your groom meet you and walk with you. I've been considering something like that and its helpful to see someone else do it.

I was curious about the resort photographer too.

#1555 sgray

sgray
          • 116 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

I was happy with the way our time with the photographer was handled and the locations/poses they chose. The pictures and video haven't been delivered yet though. We had them shipped so we expect them sometime next week. I will be sure to post some of them on here and make a link to our photoshare to view the full album once it arrives.

#1556 sxcT

sxcT
            • 1,282 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

Hi Ladies!!  I know everyone is busy running around for the holidays but I just wanted to send you all a little hello and see how things are going.  I still have some shopping to do. 

So besides the resort I have the second most major thing checked off my list - PHOTOGRAPHER.   

I already decided on La Luna a long time ago but I finally signed the contract and made it official.  Feels so good.  That was the only thing I really needed to do for the next few months.  I'm gonna start working on my passport invites in the next few weeks since work will be a little slow.  Besides that I don't have much to do for a while.

How is everyone else doing??  How are the new Mrs. doing??

#1557 sgray

sgray
              • 116 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

Hey There!

Glad to hear you have secured your photographer. Can't wait to see your passport invites...

I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my photos and video from the resort! Other than that, I am loving married life...trying to finalize things for my AHR the first weekend in January. Its been crazy trying to get a head count because people won't send in their response cards. How hard can it be? I stamped and addressed the response envelopes! How hard can it be to fill it out and put it in the mail? Gheesh! LOL. Sorry for the vent...

Anyhoo, Christmas shopping is done. We just need to decorate the tree and RELAX! 

Hi Ladies!!  I know everyone is busy running around for the holidays but I just wanted to send you all a little hello and see how things are going.  I still have some shopping to do. 

So besides the resort I have the second most major thing checked off my list - PHOTOGRAPHER. 

I already decided on La Luna a long time ago but I finally signed the contract and made it official.  Feels so good.  That was the only thing I really needed to do for the next few months.  I'm gonna start working on my passport invites in the next few weeks since work will be a little slow.  Besides that I don't have much to do for a while.

How is everyone else doing??  How are the new Mrs. doing??

#1558 sgray

sgray
                • 116 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:08 AM

Hi Ladies! I received my pictures from the resort photographer yesterday. I am very pleased. I posted some of my favorite shots on another facebook album. Feel free to take a peek! :-)

http://www.facebook....3&id=1012186940

#1559 sxcT

sxcT
                  • 1,282 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

Maybe its me but I can't seem to view them.  I only see 1 pic from the link you just posted.

Glad you are enjoying married life.  I can only imagine how annoying it must be to not have ppl responding to your invites...especially when you make it so easy for them.

Originally Posted by sgray 

Hi Ladies! I received my pictures from the resort photographer yesterday. I am very pleased. I posted some of my favorite shots on another facebook album. Feel free to take a peek! :-)

#1560 sgray

sgray
                    • 116 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

My apologies...Looks like I didn't get all of the link when I copied it from FB... try this one

Maybe its me but I can't seem to view them.  I only see 1 pic from the link you just posted.

Glad you are enjoying married life.  I can only imagine how annoying it must be to not have ppl responding to your invites...especially when you make it so easy for them.

Originally Posted by sgray 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users