Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#991 angelov321

angelov321
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:32 AM

I know!!!! My original wedding date was supposed to be Labor Day weekend and when I switched to Nov I was so upset b/c it felt sooo far away!!! Im still in disbelief that we're only 2-3 months out!! It seemed like when we first started talking we were so naive and uninformed. Now we're like experts. Its so funny to see how state of minds have changed lol

Its funny I just received the invitation for the wedding Im going to in Mexico the day of your wedding. All I could think was, "wow, a little late huh?" lol

Originally Posted by sgray 

Somehow I got changed to Wilma. I wonder how they determine who gets who? Wilma has been ok at responding. But some of the information she provided has been inaccurate. Also, I find out more on here than I do from her. 

Anyhooo....

I remember when we started talking at the beginning of the year and it seemed like Nov/Dec would take forever to get here! We're in the home stretch! So excited... 

#992 ktrant

ktrant
    • 91 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by angelov321 

I feel like it would be cool to have the mariachi band play during cocktail hour. Its hard because during that time you're taking pics and you might miss them. During dinner might be cool too. I hadnt thought of that until you mentioned it. That way you dont have to make a playlist for dinner. I never know what kind of music to play during that time lol

As far as speeches, Ive seen them done right at the end of dinner and also right before dinner is served. I guess it depends on your preference and everything flows together. I think Im going with the right after dinner. I plan to get all the traditional wedding stuff out of the way asap so we can have more time to party! :)

Originally Posted by skadow 

I booked my wedding for 4:00. I am still trying to figure out a time line.

I know that:

4:00 Ceremony
      5:00 Cocktail (w/ General Music playing from a docking station, Bride/Groom take photos)
      6:00 Dinner/Speeches
      7:00 Mariachi ?
      8:00 Cake/Mayan Coffee

8:00 plus - General Music Playing/Dance of some sort

My Questions is...Should I have General music playing around 7:00 and do that Mariachi at 5:00 during Cocktail Hour or Have the mariachi at 7:00 and have general music playing during the cocktail party. Thoughts?

Also...Do Speeches go before/After or During Dinner?

Our wedding was at 4, 5-6 cocktail hour (Mexican Trio played), Dinner was from 6:00-7:00ish, then speeches and cake followed (this only took about 30 minutes bc I wanted to get the party started!), then we danced from 7:30-10:30, then moved to the resort club till 2:30. Don't stress over a time schedule. The only thing that started on time was our ceremony. Everything else just followed.

Most people do speeches after dinner. If you want to save time, you could do the speeches during dinner.

#993 sgray

sgray
      • 116 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

Wow! That is a bit late...Are you planning to go back to Mexico in December? Are they getting married at the same resort? 

On another note, did you ask Dulce how many other weddings there are on your day? I'm curious to know how many others have been scheduled on mine...

Have fun at your shower tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how it went... :-)

I know!!!! My original wedding date was supposed to be Labor Day weekend and when I switched to Nov I was so upset b/c it felt sooo far away!!! Im still in disbelief that we're only 2-3 months out!! It seemed like when we first started talking we were so naive and uninformed. Now we're like experts. Its so funny to see how state of minds have changed lol

Its funny I just received the invitation for the wedding Im going to in Mexico the day of your wedding. All I could think was, "wow, a little late huh?" lol

#994 lilbuddha

lilbuddha
        • 70 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:52 AM

(Hoping for pre-wedding massage)

Then mani-pedi

One of my guests is a professional makeup artist and haristylist so she is handling most of our hair and makeup....

I am hoping to get a nap in but I am guessing this is naive of me lol.

Our wedding is starting at 6...since sunset isn't until after 7 in May.

While my fiance and I do not want to see one another before the wedding we are going to start pictures with our wedding party around 4.  He will take pictures with the groomsman and bridemaids and visa versa.

We are actually having a hour and half cocktail hour so we can be there for a large portion of it.  FI and I are gonna sneak away for 45 min to take pics together.

Party to start by 8...with dinner and dancing to continue on in disco :)

Mia & Pauly May 5th, 201163 guests + bride & groom.....and counting.

#995 lilbuddha

lilbuddha
          • 70 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

We picked out wedding bands this weekend :)  can't believe it!!!

Now if only I could get a solid quote from JSAV.....arrghh!!

#996 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
            • 293 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

JSAV! ugh! got a quote today for 4 hours of dj service, and some lighting....$3,930.79!!!!!! am i the only one who thinks this is insane??? dj services in the states doesnt even cost this much...i dont know what to do about this....there is NO way i am paying this much :( 

Originally Posted by lilbuddha 

We picked out wedding bands this weekend :)  can't believe it!!!

Now if only I could get a solid quote from JSAV.....arrghh!!

#997 lilbuddha

lilbuddha
              • 70 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

Are you kidding me???  The package prices that they sent us before we told them what we wanted weren't even that high!!!  It should definately not cost that much.  The max prices even for the biggest package was 2,500 for 4 hours!! 

JSAV! ugh! got a quote today for 4 hours of dj service, and some lighting....$3,930.79!!!!!! am i the only one who thinks this is insane??? dj services in the states doesnt even cost this much...i dont know what to do about this....there is NO way i am paying this much :( 

#998 jszy10

jszy10
                • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

Thanks girl!!! Dulce is my WC. The last time I emailed her, she emailed me back within 10 minutes! I was so shocked lol. Hopefully the streak continues....

I emailed Dulce 2 weeks ago and never heard back from her.  This might be because my wedding is 9 months away though...

#999 jszy10

jszy10
                  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

LilBudda: Where in Philadelphia are you at!?! SGray and me are from Folcroft, 5 minutes from the Philly airport!

#1000 lilbuddha

lilbuddha
                    • 70 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:09 PM

I work right in center city and live in NE Philadelphia.  But let me know if you ladies are getting together for some "bridal cocktails" I will travel for cocktails :)

Originally Posted by jszy10 

LilBudda: Where in Philadelphia are you at!?! SGray and me are from Folcroft, 5 minutes from the Philly airport!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users