Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sorry, one more thing to add.  If you do choose the Chichen Gazebo, make sure you ask them to put the runner (if you use one) straight with the alter, not straight with the entrance.  If you don't have them do that you won't have a straight walk to the alter.  I actually told them to do this and they still messed it up.  Luckily I saw it out of my window and had my dad and bridesmaid make them fix it :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We chose this location as well thanks to Jess's pics!  

 

When I do hear from a WC, I'll let you know what they quote us for decoration set up.  I too am bringing all of my decorations for the cocktail party and dinner.  We bought the package for the ceremony so all the decorations for the ceremony are included in that.

 

I also need to find out how much they are going to charge to deliver the guest's welcome bags to their rooms.

 

Have any of you received a quote for the price for bridesmaid bouquets?

 

The only person I've heard from is the photographer.

 

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Hey Bree!  I had my ceremony at the Chichen Gazebo and absolutely loved it!  It is right on the water, has a beautiful bridge walkway, and is really the only one that is completely open to the air and has a straw type roof.  Here is a pic:

 

DSC01407.JPG
 

 

Also, are you having a private reception or are you having it at one of the restaurants?  I chose Mundaca Steakhouse for our reception and loved it!  We did not pay for a private reception but had a covered patio area all to ourselves.

 

I am shocked they have raised the decoration price so much!! I was married there in June and we paid $65 for them to decorate my cocktail party and ceremony.  We did not have much for decoration, but I still think $300 is quite excessive!!  If they suggested more than $100 to us we would have done it ourselves.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I leave a week from tomorrow - weeeee!!!

 

I have been working with Edith and she hasn't mentioned any set up fee (I'm not going to bring it up!) but I'll let you know when I return on the 28th what the cost ends up being. We are doing the complimentary package, but bringing runners, chair sashes, and most of my centerpieces (renting hurricane vases from them).

 

They charge $2.50 per bag to deliver the welcome bags to the guest rooms.

 

As for the bouquets, we are bringing our own, but in the wedding packet - it lists $126 for the Maid of Honor bouquet and 'starting' at $154 for the bridal bouquet - so it's definitely less than $126!

 

Here is the packet in case anyone finds it helpful msnwink.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

Originally Posted by chase414 View Post

We chose this location as well thanks to Jess's pics!  

 

When I do hear from a WC, I'll let you know what they quote us for decoration set up.  I too am bringing all of my decorations for the cocktail party and dinner.  We bought the package for the ceremony so all the decorations for the ceremony are included in that.

 

I also need to find out how much they are going to charge to deliver the guest's welcome bags to their rooms.

 

Have any of you received a quote for the price for bridesmaid bouquets?

 

The only person I've heard from is the photographer.

 



 



 

Weddings Sales Guide - Palace Resorts.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay J-me!!  I'm excited for you and all you other brides.  You are going to have a fabulous time.  Can't wait to see pics and hear how it all went.

 

For those trying to save some money I'd hand out the bags when you see guests.  We traveled with a group and then had dinner with a few others.  By the second day we had them all handed out.  It saves a few bucks and you don't have to worry about those who might have changed rooms before even getting to their original room.

 

What are your plans for the last week J-me?  Fun stuff or stressful last minute stuff?
 

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

I leave a week from tomorrow - weeeee!!!

 

I have been working with Edith and she hasn't mentioned any set up fee (I'm not going to bring it up!) but I'll let you know when I return on the 28th what the cost ends up being. We are doing the complimentary package, but bringing runners, chair sashes, and most of my centerpieces (renting hurricane vases from them).

 

They charge $2.50 per bag to deliver the welcome bags to the guest rooms.

 

As for the bouquets, we are bringing our own, but in the wedding packet - it lists $126 for the Maid of Honor bouquet and 'starting' at $154 for the bridal bouquet - so it's definitely less than $126!

 

Here is the packet in case anyone finds it helpful msnwink.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 



 



 

Weddings Sales Guide - Palace Resorts.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We were charged 300 for the setup, and at that point there was no turning back, even if I had had one of my guests do the work it would have been insane, there are so many people walking around and doing things plus the weather issues, it was the best we could do we made it work for our budget

Originally Posted by breeburns View Post

Hi ladies!
just trying to pick ceremony and reception locations at ASP, and wanted to know which places you ladies have chosen and why?

We only have 20 guests (plus photographer) so we don't need anything huge.

 

Also they want to charge us $200 for reception decor set up fee (bringing our own stuff) and $100 for ceremony decor, is this normal? i have half a mind to go have my mom do it or something!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All in all it seems to me that the people who had their weddings prior to the decision to sell off these properties had a much better experience than the people trying to do this now.  Perhaps when all is said and done it will get better but the people caught in the transition are going to feel some of the growing pains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

J-me - Wow you are so close!!

I'm going to be there on the 26th maybe we can meet up before you leave to let me know if it cost you anything? could you also email me that price list you posted (breeburns@hotmail.com - cant download things yet), what was the price to rent the vases? we were planning on buying them from the walmart in playa del carmen. What location did you choose for ceremony and reception?

Our WC is Karime Perez, she seems so much more helpful then the other ones! i think she is my fourth or fifth WC so far!!

I'm so excited for you! when do you leave? we leave in 17 days!

 

Oh and sxcT - What prices were the maracas you bought in Mexico - just asking because we haven't got a clue what they will cost and just dont want to get ripped off! Thanks!

 

This board has been fantastic!! You ladies rock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi hun!  I didn't buy maracas in Mexico.  Sorry!!

 

I did a quick search and it looks like MarTeeNi007 and  nicdeb928 and a few others from a few years ago were the ones that used maracas.  Mainly they all say they bought them down there and you can easily find them.


 

Originally Posted by breeburns View Post

J-me - Wow you are so close!!

I'm going to be there on the 26th maybe we can meet up before you leave to let me know if it cost you anything? could you also email me that price list you posted (breeburns@hotmail.com - cant download things yet), what was the price to rent the vases? we were planning on buying them from the walmart in playa del carmen. What location did you choose for ceremony and reception?

Our WC is Karime Perez, she seems so much more helpful then the other ones! i think she is my fourth or fifth WC so far!!

I'm so excited for you! when do you leave? we leave in 17 days!

 

Oh and sxcT - What prices were the maracas you bought in Mexico - just asking because we haven't got a clue what they will cost and just dont want to get ripped off! Thanks!

 

This board has been fantastic!! You ladies rock!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Bree, can you e-mail the price list when you get it.  I can't open attachments yet either!

 

We go to Mexico a couple times a year and I just happened to buy my niece and nephews maracas when we were there in Nov.  I paid $1 each but a lot of times you can find them in the resort gift shops for $1.25 or $1.50 each.  We're going to buy some this trip too to put in front of the guests dinner plates.  

 

I also bought little baby keychain ones to attach to each guest bags.  

 

 

Originally Posted by breeburns View Post

J-me - Wow you are so close!!

I'm going to be there on the 26th maybe we can meet up before you leave to let me know if it cost you anything? could you also email me that price list you posted (breeburns@hotmail.com - cant download things yet), what was the price to rent the vases? we were planning on buying them from the walmart in playa del carmen. What location did you choose for ceremony and reception?

Our WC is Karime Perez, she seems so much more helpful then the other ones! i think she is my fourth or fifth WC so far!!

I'm so excited for you! when do you leave? we leave in 17 days!

 

Oh and sxcT - What prices were the maracas you bought in Mexico - just asking because we haven't got a clue what they will cost and just dont want to get ripped off! Thanks!

 

This board has been fantastic!! You ladies rock!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×