Sign in to follow this  
neen

Prevent scarring?

so this is odd, but its no surprise to me since i get hurt or hurt myself somehow everyday...i'm a total klutz. ANYWAY, i was giving my cat a bath this evening and he wasn't into it at all. i was cradling him and he FREAKED and scratched the shite out of my neck and chest.

i didn't think anything of these scratches, just welts and some blood, no big deal. but when FI saw, he freaked and said they'd scar. now i'm buggin because, damn it, i'm wearing a strapless wedding gown in 6 months and i don't want scratch scars all over my chest.

SO...any good suggestions (other than neosporin, which i've already applied) to help heal up these scratches and prevent scarring?

TIA!!!

i get scratches from mine all the time. i always clean it daily w/ hydrogen peroxide and then put neosporin on. heals w/in a few days. or use some vitamin e

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebe75 View Post
Mederma is supposed to be good. You can find it at a local drugstore. I've never tried though....
i bought that for a burn...didn't do anything for me, but maybe i didn't use it long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebe75 View Post
Mederma is supposed to be good. You can find it at a local drugstore. I've never tried though....
i bought that for a burn...didn't do anything for me, but maybe i didn't use it long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren c. View Post
I do not know about the burn, but Moderma is pretty good for scarring. I think Vitamin E works just as well though.

Vit E oil works great just make sure you don't go out in the sun with it. Just put it on before you go to bed or if your indoors for a long period of time.