Statistics Help, Please!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

• VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

I am working on my thesis and am stuck on the stats part. I have been emailing my advisor for days asking for help, but I think she is avoiding me.

I have never taken a stats class, so I am so lost. I was going to hire someone to help me, but he is too busy since he is a grad student and is teaching at the college.

Basically this is what I have:
    I surveyed 41 teachers.
    I gave them a few different scenarios and they were to rate each one based on a 1-6 scale, 1 being strongly disagree and 6 being strongly agree. They were asked 6 questions about the survey. Basically the questions are if they have ever used that strategy in their room, that the scenario I gave them will help their students, etc....6 of these and they were to rate each one on the scale.

I hope this makes sense.

What I thought I could do was just get a percentage then turn it in to a decimal, but I don't think that is correct.

As you can tell I am so lost and have been putting this off since last fall because I have been terrified of the stats. I am in a time crunch, so it's time to buckle down.

I just need someone to explain to me how to do it and I will do it; I am not asking for anyone to do it for me.

I will totally compensate someone for helping me....

Edited: I tried uploading the surveys, but I got an error saying it was an invalid file?

#2 Samantha S

Samantha S
    • 369 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

Hi Martha, I am a researcher and can probably help you or get you pointed in the right direction. I'll PM you my number unless you can explain it more in a PM? No compensation necessary!

#3 Martha

• VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

Samantha, Thank you. I replied to your PM.

For anyone else that might wanna help, all I have to do is descriptive stats and put tables in my paper. Seems easy enough. I didn't even know what descriptive stats were. I Googled and it makes sense, I just really don't know what to do. Can you tell math stuff is my weakness?

#4 Yari

• VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

Good luck Martha, I am clueless about this stuff.

#5 Martha

• VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:46 AM

Thanks, Yari. Me too!

#6 becks

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

Hi Martha!

If Samantha wasn't able to help, I probably can. This sort of stuff is something of a specialty of mine.

I'll PM you my phone numbers and e-mail. Let me know how I can help!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#7 Martha

• VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

I PM'd ya! Thanks!

#8 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:41 PM

I just took a research methods class!!! Sounds like something I was supposed to learn... If you need help making your tables pretty (or professional), I am gooood at that! Good luck with the stats
                19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

#9 Martha

• VIP Member
                • 3,906 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

Thanks, Bianca. Becks did everything for me and made everything look great. I apreciate your offer though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users