Sign in to follow this  
MoonPalacePookie

Dance Lessons for First Dance-Are you doing it?

So I finally talked my FI into taking some dance lessons with me for our first dance. He did dancing when he was little, so he is relatively good, I, on the other hand, am not good at all. I have this terrible picture of us doing the high school side to side step for our first dance with me tripping over my dress. So tomorrow at lunch we are going in for our "wedding dance consultation" (sounds so formal) where we show our instructor my dress and our song and she figures out a dance for us. We only have 2.5 weeks before we leave, so we better be quick learners.

Is anyone else doing dance lessons? What are you learning? We're dancing to At Last, so I'm thinking waltz, but really have no clue.

FI and I love to salsa dance. As a matter of fact that's how we met so we wanted to do a salsa song. We won't be doing lessons but I think I'm going to have a really good friend of mine who competes choreograph a dance for us.

It probably won't be our first song. We may do a romantic love song for the first one and then start the dancing with our choreographed song.

If your FI has some dance background you may be good. Since the guy leads the lady it's always more important for the guy to know than the girl.

Thanks for posting this thread!! I forgot that I am suposed to sign us up. We have lots of time, but Dean does not dance and I really want us to be comfortable - as comfortable as possible :)

I am hoping to get some lessons at the Cheryl Burke Dance School - the girl form DWTS!!!

Home: Cheryl Burke Dance

Good luck at your consultation!!

My FI suggested I take lessons. In fact, he came home with some business cards for local dance instruction schools. He brought it up, while laughing at me as he was trying to teach me some moves. I thought I was doing well for once. Then come to find out, after he stops laughing, that I really, really suck and there is no hope for me, according to him.

Saddest part is that I'm puertorican and I don't know how to dance at all!

FI and I are going to take lessons, but I think we're going to learn swing dancing. But we're gonna make sure to do the "showoff" dance before we've had a few, that's all I need is for him to fling me into a wall or through a window or crashing into the cake!!

OMG, could you imagine that! LOL

Friends of mine were involved in the ballroom dancing club while we were in university. No one knew what their dancing skills were like until their wedding where they blew everyone away on the dance floor :o)

we took lessons and had a blast. the dance instructor made up our dance as we went along, so it incorporated a few different styles to fit the muic...