Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Dreams & Secrets Resorts: New deposit policy

Hey everyone,

i just got this from Dreams. They have a new deposit policy for holding wedding dates.

Quote:
Wedding in Paradise Package - A $100.00 deposit is required to hold and confirm the wedding date. This money will be applied towards any upgrades that the couple adds on to this complimentary package. If the couple does not purchase any additional amenities for the wedding itself, this credit may be applied to the room charges upon check out (phone charges, spa treatments, logo shop purchases, etc.). If for any reason this credit is not used in full, any remaining balance at check out must be refunded.

Dreams/Secrets of Love and Dreams/Secrets Ultimate - A $500.00 deposit is required to hold and confirm the wedding date.

Payment methods can be Credit Card, wire transfer, check.

Thanks for the info! Did they say who this will be applied towards? I booked my date with the wc at DPA and she said we were all set since I also booked our room... I wonder if I will have to put down a deposit also.

Thanks for the info. I kept aksing via email if a deposit was required and was told no every time. I already have a wedding date confirmed with an email from the WC. Hopefully I will not have a problem. This is sooooooooooo nerve racking being so far and waiting for days for a reply for the WC.

This site has been so helpful!

Does it matter when you booked your date? I confirmed my date back in February but my deposit is not due until the end of August. I emailed Gaby to confirm that I should only be sending them $500.00 and she responded that I needed to give them what is on the contract. The contract states half of the cost of my wedding almost $2,000. So, how much of a deposit should I send them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22173 View Post
Does it matter when you booked your date? I confirmed my date back in February but my deposit is not due until the end of August. I emailed Gaby to confirm that I should only be sending them $500.00 and she responded that I needed to give them what is on the contract. The contract states half of the cost of my wedding almost $2,000. So, how much of a deposit should I send them?
I had to pay half but personally I'd send the $500 that is what is on their website and is their new rule. That is all I would have sent them had I known I think $2000 is ridic why should they be getting the interest on your money

Hey I just got an email from Mariana a week ago and she said she needed $500 deposit for Dreams Los Cabos Paradise Package - is this wrong? Should it only be $100?

Also, what if you aren't booking a package? Is the deposit still required?

I just emailed Yarai to ask this but I thought I'd post the question here in case anyone else had already asked it :)