#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hey everyone,

i just got this from Dreams. They have a new deposit policy for holding wedding dates.

Quote:
Wedding in Paradise Package - A $100.00 deposit is required to hold and confirm the wedding date. This money will be applied towards any upgrades that the couple adds on to this complimentary package. If the couple does not purchase any additional amenities for the wedding itself, this credit may be applied to the room charges upon check out (phone charges, spa treatments, logo shop purchases, etc.). If for any reason this credit is not used in full, any remaining balance at check out must be refunded.

Dreams/Secrets of Love and Dreams/Secrets Ultimate - A $500.00 deposit is required to hold and confirm the wedding date.

Payment methods can be Credit Card, wire transfer, check.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 lucy106

lucy106
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

I suppose it makes sense and is not an outrageous amount. Thanks for the update!

#3 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for the info! Did they say who this will be applied towards? I booked my date with the wc at DPA and she said we were all set since I also booked our room... I wonder if I will have to put down a deposit also.
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#4 tlomlad

tlomlad
      • Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

this would have made things easier glad they have it now!

#5 Jea10

Jea10
        • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the info. I kept aksing via email if a deposit was required and was told no every time. I already have a wedding date confirmed with an email from the WC. Hopefully I will not have a problem. This is sooooooooooo nerve racking being so far and waiting for days for a reply for the WC.
          This site has been so helpful!

#6 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:17 AM

I wish that had come out before I'd had to pay the $1325 lol

#7 dc22173

dc22173
            • 240 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Does it matter when you booked your date? I confirmed my date back in February but my deposit is not due until the end of August. I emailed Gaby to confirm that I should only be sending them $500.00 and she responded that I needed to give them what is on the contract. The contract states half of the cost of my wedding almost $2,000. So, how much of a deposit should I send them?

#8 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
              • 2,262 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by dc22173
                Does it matter when you booked your date? I confirmed my date back in February but my deposit is not due until the end of August. I emailed Gaby to confirm that I should only be sending them $500.00 and she responded that I needed to give them what is on the contract. The contract states half of the cost of my wedding almost $2,000. So, how much of a deposit should I send them?
                I had to pay half but personally I'd send the $500 that is what is on their website and is their new rule. That is all I would have sent them had I known I think $2000 is ridic why should they be getting the interest on your money

#9 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

Hey I just got an email from Mariana a week ago and she said she needed $500 deposit for Dreams Los Cabos Paradise Package - is this wrong? Should it only be $100?

#10 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

Also, what if you aren't booking a package? Is the deposit still required?

I just emailed Yarai to ask this but I thought I'd post the question here in case anyone else had already asked it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users