Barcelo Maya

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#181 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Hey ladies! Im a newbie!

FH and I originally booked our wedding at Dreams Tulum. But they have had the government take over and had to close. Our wedding coordinator did relocate us to Barcelo Mayan Place.

Im wondering if you ladies have the wedding coordinators email ads so that I may contact them, and work out some stuff, locations for ceremonies and reception locations...

THANKS a bunch!!! :)

#182 hmj

hmj
    • 78 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

Here are the flowers I sent to Claudia
      She informed me that all the "regular lilies" are included in the cost
      Click the image to open in full size.

I also sent her this pic and she told me it would be $300 for this exact bouquet. She did not tell me how much it costs/calla lily. These are orange calla lilies.

I also asked about Crysanthemums...I just think they're cool. She never responded to that one. I don't know if they're available OR if they're included OR how much they cost.

#183 hmj

hmj
      • 78 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dreamstbride
        Hey ladies! Im a newbie!

FH and I originally booked our wedding at Dreams Tulum. But they have had the government take over and had to close. Our wedding coordinator did relocate us to Barcelo Mayan Place.

Im wondering if you ladies have the wedding coordinators email ads so that I may contact them, and work out some stuff, locations for ceremonies and reception locations...

THANKS a bunch!!! :)
        Gabriela's email is: weddings1@barcelomaya.com
        Claudia's is: weddings2@barcelomaya.com
        Tania's is: weddings@barcelomaya.com

I think Gabriela might be the "top" person, but really, I don't know. She was initially who I was talking with and I am meeting with her the day I get there to straighten some stuff out, but our WC is Claudia. I will be meeting with her the day after to get everything else ordered/planned.

I would just email Gabriela and start there...

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

#184 hmj

hmj
        • 78 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

RE: Centerpieces

Honestly, I don't know what's included. I am going to end up "splurging" (if you can call it that, really) on my own centerpieces. Claudia sent me these as an inspiration and I just fell in love with them, so I'm bringing EVERYTHING with me to recreate this look. I will make my own table runners in teal to match my colors (they don't have the right color). I will also be buying literally everything you see on the table (everything is already bought, actually, except the floating candles and the candle holders). Claudia said I could send things down prior to the ceremony so I'm planning on doing that. I'm VERY nervous about it b/c my friend lives in Puerto Vallarta and has had things not show up via FedEX, but I'm going to give it a whirl. I'm going to send it down with enough time that if they don't show up, I can buy more!

So, anyway, sorry I can't really help with the centerpiece question!!

#185 morenaindc

morenaindc
          • 221 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:10 AM

Gosh...i am having a similar problem with re to the centerpieces. Claudia NEVER answers my questions directly and so I am still not clear on what types of flowers are included vs. those that cost extra. Also i dont know what types of vases they have. does anyone know??

#186 hmj

hmj
            • 78 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by morenaindc
              Gosh...i am having a similar problem with re to the centerpieces. Claudia NEVER answers my questions directly and so I am still not clear on what types of flowers are included vs. those that cost extra. Also i dont know what types of vases they have. does anyone know??
              I have the same problem with not getting my questions answered directly. It's very frustrating. I don't know how to simplify my questions either, so now I'm only asking 1 or 2 at a time. Which is frustrating in its own way.

I was originally thinking that they (her bosses) push really hard to upsell and not really let the brides know for sure what is included and what is not, but I really don't know. All I know is that it's frustraing asking a bunch of questions and only getting half-assed answers to 1 or 2. I mean, it took about 15 emails back and forth to get the centerpieces and chair decorations figured out!! That should have been taken care of in about 5 or less, from what I can tell from re-reading them. Anyway... I feel your frustration. :-) On a good note, Claudia does seem nice so our meeting (when we finally get there) should be good (I hope)!

#187 sunshinekc08

sunshinekc08
              • 92 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

I have some information on some of that, here is a picture of the centerpiece they provide... you can see the hurricane style vase you can use too!

Here is a link to my photobook too, for lots of other pictures of the resort weddings:

Pay extra for:Click the image to open in full size.

#188 dreamstbride

dreamstbride
                • 161 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

WOW! Katie!!!! THANK YOU so much!

This info rocks! You have totally helped THANKS again so very much! :)

#189 morenaindc

morenaindc
                  • 221 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

Thanks Katie..this is helpful.

#190 anita

anita
                    • 106 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:18 PM

Hello ladies! We are staying at the Palace but getting married elsewhere and are wanting to have our rehearsal dinner there. Has anyone been successful in planning one?? I have had minimal contact with Tania but she wont give me a straight answer? She just sent me the wedding package information - but we obviously dont need all of that.

Also, what are the requirements for outside photographers. Since we are not having our wedding at the Palace we would only need the photog for the "getting ready" part. Will they allow just a guest pass?

Any advice??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users