Photo

Table decorations for 1 long table...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#11 pryzeless

pryzeless
  • 614 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

I love this idea and we are trying to do it too. We have to wait to see exactly how many people come. How many people did you have?

#12 michelle08

michelle08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

I LOVE THE LONG TABLES AND CENTERPIECESWILL WORK JUST FINE. I wish I had done this....but everyone I know told me the rounds were better...go with your gut!

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

One long table works fine, for an example look for NYJEN wedding slideshow, it gives a wonderful example of a long table set up.

#14 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by pryzeless
          I love this idea and we are trying to do it too. We have to wait to see exactly how many people come. How many people did you have?
          We had just over 30, I guess if you have a lot of guests it would be a little more difficult or you would have one super long table!

#15 Golden

Golden
          • 354 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

I am using one long table, with vase and candles maybe some sea shells
            I have 20 guest, so 10 on each side. With a small group round tables may not work

#16 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

I want to do one long table too. i will have around 30 guests.

for those of you that did the long tables, did you do assigned seating and how did you assign seats? like groom's fam on one side, bride's fam on other. Or bridal party closest to you and than family. I never really thought about what the proper way of seating people is until my grandmother said something at my bro's small wedding (20 people) that the bridal party should be next to the couple. Do people actually care about this, i don't want to offend anyone.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#17 quackquack

quackquack
              • 152 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

I plan on using long tables also! Here are a couple of ideas.

Click the image to open in full size.

#18 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                  I want to do one long table too. i will have around 30 guests.

for those of you that did the long tables, did you do assigned seating and how did you assign seats? like groom's fam on one side, bride's fam on other. Or bridal party closest to you and than family. I never really thought about what the proper way of seating people is until my grandmother said something at my bro's small wedding (20 people) that the bridal party should be next to the couple. Do people actually care about this, i don't want to offend anyone.
                  I didn't do any assigned seating. I just let people sit where they wanted. We had all been at the resort for about 4 days together eating all meals practically together. Everyone had gotten to know each other so it was ok when people got mixed up together. It's not like they had to sit next to a stranger and make small talk you know?

No one seemed offended and if they were, that's their problem. LOL I had a good time. :)
                  Happily married since 2008

#19 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel

No one seemed offended and if they were, that's their problem. LOL I had a good time. :)
                    Ditto! And honestly you aren't sitting at the dinner table for that long...I wanted people to be comfortable and sit where and with whom they wanted. It worked quite well :)

#20 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,490 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

thanks for this thread! I too will be married at Las Caletas and love the idea of one long table with a smaller one turned so we can face our guests! Also I love not having assigned seating...one less thing to worry about in all honesty...and since our wedding will be small and casual who needs assigned seats! (well maybe i will assign the seats closest to us for our parents but that will be about it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users