Table decorations for 1 long table...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:10 PM

We decided to use 1 long table for everyone, instead of small round tables. We are having a small semi-private wedding and want everyone to have a chance to get to know eachother. Forgive me if this is a stupid question but...Can I still use a few table decorations with the "beach theme" or do you think it will be to cluttered or busy? Anyone who sat at 1 large table what did you do? Thanks for your help!

#2 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

Ive never sat at a long table before. But my first thought is make sure you done use tall decorations, or else people wont be able to see over them.
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

HEre's how our table was set up. One long one with a mini table at the head for us to face everyone. I liked that set up. Everyone could see us and we could see everyone.
        Click the image to open in full size.

These aren't a very good representation of our table though- I forgot half the centerpieces. LOL Oh well....at least we were able to put something on the tables. I have more pro pics at home. I just don't have them on a photo share site. So if you want more, let me know and I will load them for you. :)
        Happily married since 2008

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:23 PM

we did one long table.

we had a long floral centerpiece in the middle of the table and then I bought these candle sets, with sea glass to put in the tray that you placed the candles in. I think I had 6 of the candle things, 3 spread out on each side of the table. and then I had starfish at each place setting.

I'm not going to lie to you, the table was pretty crowded because they also had like 3 glasses per person, plus all the silverware and plates, and coffee cups, it was a little crowded, but I didn't care! Here's some pictures:

#5 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
          • Banned
          • 1,051 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:28 PM

THANKS SO MUCH LADIES!!!!!! I really appreciate the pics! It helps so much!

#6 Saraha

Saraha
            • 2,597 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:28 PM

I love the tables above and think it would look cute with decorations, you probably wouldnt want anything to tall just because there are people right across from you but I think something small would look great.

#7 kellywinter1

kellywinter1
              • 305 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

I also am hook on the idea of having a long table, but i don't know if I will be able to accomidate a long table in my location. So I have been collecting ideas for having a long rectangle table and circular one. Here are some I found....

#8 Jackie

Jackie
                • 2,290 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:56 PM

We had one long table and I loved it so much better then little round tables, there were 30 of us.

I dont have any pics yet, but I cant tell you what an overwhelmingly good feeling I got sitting at the end looking down the table and seeing our closest family and friends with us for our wedding. AWWW you will love it!
                  And you can so decorate it beautifully still.
                  My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:17 AM

I totally agree with Rachel & Jackie, the family style seating was great because even if guests were at the far end you saw eachother, it was a really cool fellowship experience as opposed to everyone being separated into their little groups. It makes for great memories.

BTW Rachel and I got married at the same place and chose the same table configuration. I say go for it, you won't regret it!

We just used flowers and candles. You can totally do small centerpieces too if you like.

The guest plates had our favor CD's on them, the bride & groom plate had flowers & shells (you could also incorporate your beach theme on guest plates to save space):

#10 Carolyn

Carolyn
                    • 1,235 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

Of course you can use a few beach theme decorations for your long table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users