Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#9101 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

Ok ladies so I need som help. I am wishy-washy about flowers again. My theme is antique'd romance and I wanted to go simple and subtle. I was using all white flowers but now think I need more color. I am going to try and paste all the images of what I am doing, wearin, etc...will you please take a look and let me know what you think about the flower choices?

Thanks!

My Dress

FI and Groomsmens’ suits. They’ll also have a vest and sage ties

Bridemaid’s dresses

Bouquet choices

Location d©cor
    Sky Deck with chivalry chairs

These bouquets every other row tied to chair with gold ribbon

Dried lilac lining the aisles:

Which ones do you think go tie everything together? Or should I stick with all white bouquets for everyone?
    Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

#9102 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
    • 239 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

Ok Ladies so I need som help deciding on flowers. i thought that I send you photos of my "look" so you can have a good idea of what else is going on.

This is my dress:
      Click the image to open in full size.

Here is FI and groosmen's suits:Click the image to open in full size.

They are also wearing matching vests and sage green ties

Here are the bridesmaids dresses:
      Click the image to open in full size.

I want to have dried lilac running the aisles: Click the image to open in full size.

I was originally going to do all white and green flowers but now think that there needs to be some more color. What do you think?

To go along with the ones I've shown you, which do you think would work best given my adversion to too much color and wanting everything to feel antiquey and romantic?

Here's one option. I would change a couple of thinsg...no branches out of the top and a gold ribbon. Also more garden green filler instead of bright green. Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the other option:Click the image to open in full size.
      I would do those flowers as is.

Let me know what you think.Thanks for the input ladies!

#9103 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
      • 239 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

Ok so for whatever reason my dress and the second flower options didnt show up. Here are the links if you want to take a look.

Dress: Google Image Result for http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9744/retrato1zr1.jpg

That's not me btw! :)

And here's the other flowers: Purple Summer Wedding Flowers Photo by Floral Verde LLC | WeddingWire

Again, no random twigs sticking out if I go with these and also less bright green filler, more garden green. And a gold ribbon tying them all together. :)

#9104 LAURERN1564

LAURERN1564
        • 60 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this so I have a lot of questions. We're planning on getting married @ Azul Sensatori May 25th, 2011. We are still waiting for our date to be confirmed.

We will have over 15 rooms booked. Have any of you received discounts for travelers for booking so many rooms?

I know that if we book at least 15 rooms we stay for free, but I feel like a discount should be offered to our families?

Any insight would be helpful, I have nooooo idea what I am doing :)

Thx,
          Lauren

#9105 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
          • 1,029 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amandamarieb
            Ok so for whatever reason my dress and the second flower options didnt show up. Here are the links if you want to take a look.

Dress:
            Hi Everyone!

I am new to this so I have a lot of questions. We're planning on getting married @ Azul Sensatori May 25th, 2011. We are still waiting for our date to be confirmed.

We will have over 15 rooms booked. Have any of you received discounts for travelers for booking so many rooms?

I know that if we book at least 15 rooms we stay for free, but I feel like a discount should be offered to our families?

Thx,
            Lauren
            WELCOME! The best thing to do is get a big bottle of wine and on a sat just start reading around page 400 or so. You will learn so much!
            These ladies pointed me in the right direction so many times I can't count! Welcome and I am getting married 2 weeks prior to you but I use to be on that weekend. There are some AWEsome ladies getting married that weekend as well!
            Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#9106 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
            • 239 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LAURERN1564
              Hi Everyone!

Thx,
              Lauren
              Congrats and welcome.

Are you using a travel agent or just going through the resort? If you use a travel agent that person should be able to negotitate room rates for you.

Also, make sure you are looking into all the packages available. I have 32+ rooms booked and we qualified for a lower group rate, the bride and groom stay free promotion, 20% off private events and a free cocktail reception for 50 guests.

Take my advice and look into every promotion the other girls on this thread mention getting. That's what I did and now I have saved myself well over 3k.

In addtion to all the incentives, I also talked the resort in letting me downgrade to the free wedding package even though I am getting married on the sky deck. (I do have to pay the $1700 for the location though). Originally when I booked the lowest category avialble if booking the sky deck was the silver package but other girls mentioned that they qualified for the free wedding package. I asked and they gave it to me.

#9107 taylorwd

taylorwd
              • 932 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amandamarieb
                And here's the other flowers:
                Hi Everyone!

Thx,
                Lauren
                Congrats on picking such a fab resort!!

The other ladies are right, going back and reading through the thread will probably answer many of your initial questions. Also, make sure you have a great TA!

#9108 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
                • 821 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

STARTING Monday, July 19, 2010 ENDING Sunday, August 1, 2010
                  We will check in with what is done either as it’s done or every other Friday and start a new list!

The futuremrslutz's (Lindsey) To Do's:

1) Book Vegas Wedding (Ryan is handling the entire weekend, except the actual wedding part...I will handle this.)
                  2) Decide on vowels…STILL DECIDING…
                  3) Order for procession-ALMOST DONE
                  4) Music for reception almost done!
                  5) FINALIZE menus-finishing this week
                  6) Design/print programs DONE designing…need to print
                  7) Decide on Mac to do my makeup or resort DONE!!!!!!
                  Bridesmaids GIFTS ARE DONE-just need to deliver
                  9) Signature cocktail recipe NOT DONE!
                  10) Start packing! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Starting this week!!
                  11) Burn cd for OOT
                  12) Send detailed weekend timeline to WC doing tonight
                  13) iron on bridesmaids wife beaters for wedding day-THIS WEEK
                  14) take clothes to cleaners
                  15) Meet with wedding designer
                  16) Enjoy being engaged for one last week!!!
                  17) 3rd wedding dress fitting tomorrow!!!
                  1 I need something borrowed…hmmmmmm

Meredith's to do's:
                  1. COME UP WITH WORDING for INVITES
                  2. Get thread for welcome bag monograms - DONE BY THE LADY DOING THE EMBROIDERY
                  3. Stay on FI about menu
                  4. Buy luggage tags for welcome bags - PURCHASED FROM ANOTHER BDW BRIDE
                  5. Buy paper lanterns and candle holders - LANTERNS, YES, CANDLE HOLDERS, NO
                  6. Start looking for gifts for my helpers
                  7. Book cigar roller for reception - DONE (TOO BAD CECILE IS STILL M.I.A.)
                  8. Buy confetti for ceremony

Meredith's new to do's
                  1. Come up with wording for invite
                  2. Stay on FI about menu
                  3. Buy candle holders
                  4. Purchase gifts for our helpers
                  5. Buy confetti for ceremony
                  6. Email Fabio about Cecile
                  7. Email TA about Fabio and Cecile
                  8. Buy remaining items for OOT bags
                  9. Start on song lists
                  10. Buy LED lights

MaggieandJay’s To Do’s

Week of 7/19
                  3. Design insert for invitations with booking info and resort info
                  Week of 7/26
                  1. Get the Photographer for wedding booked
                  2. Finish the insert for the invitations
                  3. Finish gathering all the address I need
                  4. Make the mailing labels for invitations

Amandamarieb’s to do’s:

Get new flower quotes (I know I am crazy)
                  Order OOT bags
                  Finish pre wedding brochures
                  Buy FI's ring
                  Order wristlets and bungees
                  Order place card frames
                  Order first aid kits
                  Get info from TA about emergency contact for guests
                  Request a rehersal
                  Make a reservation for rehersal dinner
                  Pick out fabric for table runner
                  Follow up woth TA about cakes
                  Follow up with TA about reception tables and request a small table for photo booth
                  Figure out groomsmen shoes

Attached Files

#9109 gems2104

gems2104
                  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

Hi ladies
                    This is my first post so not sure how this really works but I have booked my wedding for 19th April 2011 in the Sensatori Hotel in Mexico and cant wait. Was wondering if anyone had any good starting points as I do not know who my WC is or spoken to anyone at the hotel as I have booked through Thomson's TA. Any help would be gratefully received. So much to think about.
                    Thanks
                    Gemma

#9110 beaz2be

beaz2be
                    • 256 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LAURERN1564
                      Hi Everyone!

Thx,
                      Lauren
                      Congrats and welcome!!
                      Hi ladies
                      This is my first post so not sure how this really works but I have booked my wedding for 19th April 2011 in the Sensatori Hotel in Mexico and cant wait. Was wondering if anyone had any good starting points as I do not know who my WC is or spoken to anyone at the hotel as I have booked through Thomson's TA. Any help would be gratefully received. So much to think about.
                      Thanks
                      Gemma

Again another welcome to you and Congrats on your engagement and picking the hotel and date!! If you've just booked I bet you'll find out who your offsite WC is pretty soon. They'll have tons of information for you. Also this site is just a god-send for information and feedback on the resort.

So happy you've found your way here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users