Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#8211 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
  • Jr. Member
  • 309 posts

    Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:57 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KittenHeart
    LOL! Bad grass, I love it!

    No kidding, I'm still devastated over my cake toppers
    We have friends in the wedding party who have a pool so they're inviting everyone who's going to Mexico over for a meet & greet pool party. We have 50 people going to Mexico and not everyone knows each other. We're doing a Mexican fiesta theme and having Tacos, fajitas, chips & salsa, margaritas and coronas.
    Ooooh! Sounds like fun! I wanna come!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daniepps
    I don't think you'll actually know how many people are coming until the final payment is due and it still may be shaky after that! At one point we had 75 confirmed but that constantly changed. We had one couple pay the deposit for their room and then cancel it and STILL haven't bothered to mention that they cancelled. In addition to that stupidity I had one couple call my TA to book a room and by the time she called them back they told her they booked straight through the hotel! The final payments for the rooms were due May 21st. I've had 3 more people book through the hotel since then and more people still saying they want to come. I've already made my payments for food at the receptions and the chairs so I told FI that if anybody else decides to come they won't be able to sit at the ceremony or have food at the reception or get a OOT bag. I can't keep making adjustments this close to the wedding because people decided to procrastinate!
    Ridiculous!! I actually laughed when you mentioned them not being able to sit down. I had the same idea so I could have the chiavari chairs!! I told my MOH that we only needed x amount of chairs because the bridal party didn't need chairs and the entire time I was referring to the ceremony while she was thinking reception! I laughed forever when she said, "you're gonna make us come all the way to Mexico and we can't sit? I'm glad you got us flip flops." I thought that was hilarious.
    Ok so my final payment was due to the resort on June 16th. Tiffany pressed me and told me that she had to have it by that date. I made it my business to have it to her by that date and guess what............IT'S STILL IN MY ACCOUNT! I sent her an email and she told me it had to be approved by management but she's working on it.
    Don't know if they are still offering the same thing with the webinar but when we did ours (months ago) we recieved a free room upgrade for doing it. Might be something to look into or atleast ask your TA about. I didn't do it, my FI did but he said he didn't learn anything fromit that I hadn't already told him.
    So is this something that they may offer in the future (before November)? I guess I should've peeled myself out of bed that day!
    Buuuuutttt if I was watching my $$ spent but also wanted to do something for my guests I would totally recommend the vans into Cancun or Playa del Carmen. If you need 2 vans - so 24 people or less - it is like $220 for both round trip. I used 3 vans into Cancun and it was $336. I tipped the drivers $20 each too. But those group outings are so easy - you can do the nighttime clubbing or a daytime trip. Maybe find a place to all have lunch - do some shopping - maybe even a free museum or art gallery - then back to the hotel. Its very affordable and being driven in an air conditioned van with nice drivers made my guests feel very special!!!
    I apologize before I ask cause I know you've probably been over this many times, but what company did you use for the vans/clubbing trip? I keep saying that I'm not going to plan anything away from the resort because my guests are only staying 4 days (2 of which will be wedding stuff, 1 will only be the morning of checkout). So Saturday is the only full day that's wide open for everyone and I kinda wanted them to be able to relax and enjoy the resort. But, I feel like maybe we should have options in place. Thoughts?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
    All right ladies...I feel like a bad BDW bride, because all I seem to post about are my vents!! Rest assured that I read the thread every day, I just don't always post (mostly because I'm a lazy beeyotch).

    I heard from my TA today. Azul Beach will definitely have construction during my stay. They're starting in August.

    They will be upgrading all of the Superior rooms, and construction will be happening most of the day.

    My TA recommends me moving resorts (I agree), and Karisma has been kind enough to offer me a free candlelit dinner on the beach or a free couples massage if I move to Azul Sensatori. Never mind the fact that I would have had a free candlelit dinner anyway with my wedding package. No other perks would be offered.

    I'm honestly at a loss for words right now. I do NOT want to start the search all over from square one, but at the same time I'm so angry about the situation and don't want to keep my wedding at a Karisma property because I hate the way they've dealt with this situation.

    Any advice? I need wisdom!
    Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! Always threaten to the furthest point you're willing to go, IF you're thinking about changing resorts anyway (which I woudld hate for you to do). All they can do is say no.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~Crista-Lee~
    Thanks!!!! It's too bad I won't be able to actually meet you in November.

    I'm actually in my fifth month now (19 weeks). Just about half way there!! I was shocked to find out pregnancy is technically 10 months long.

    We officially rebooked today! Dreams Puerto Vallarta for April 2011. April 11th will be our wedding date. Yay!!!!!!
    I know! I was looking forward to having a drink with someone from here!! But I'm glad you're happy and everything worked out for you. Do you know the sex or do you wanna be surprised? Yeah, 10 months is weird cause everyone always says 9. Since I work at a women's hospital I always say 10 months and people look at me like I'm crazy so sometimes I have to break it down for them. Anyway, congrats again!!

    #8212 dstinationdrmr

    dstinationdrmr
    • Jr. Member
    • 309 posts

      Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:19 AM

      Ladies, I wanted to let you know that we finally booked the AHR! It will be Mardi Gras weekend 2011!

      #8213 MaggieandJay

      MaggieandJay
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,029 posts

        Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr
        Ladies, I wanted to let you know that we finally booked the AHR! It will be Mardi Gras weekend 2011!
        CONGRATS! That should be an AWESOME Time!!!!
        Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

        #8214 gingerlover36

        gingerlover36
        • Newbie
        • 89 posts

          Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
          All right ladies...I feel like a bad BDW bride, because all I seem to post about are my vents!! Rest assured that I read the thread every day, I just don't always post (mostly because I'm a lazy beeyotch).

          I heard from my TA today. Azul Beach will definitely have construction during my stay. They're starting in August.

          They will be upgrading all of the Superior rooms, and construction will be happening most of the day.

          My TA recommends me moving resorts (I agree), and Karisma has been kind enough to offer me a free candlelit dinner on the beach or a free couples massage if I move to Azul Sensatori. Never mind the fact that I would have had a free candlelit dinner anyway with my wedding package. No other perks would be offered.

          I called my TA after I got your message and told her I wanted to know the situation. She said she was waiting for info from some higher up at dw. Not sure on what exactly. My wedding is a month after yours I believe...and I told her that I wanted a contract with the hotel saying the construction would be finished by my wedding or I was going to start looking at other hotels.

          She told me that she would have answers for me on Monday and a "plan" of some sorts. I am trying to remain calm and not get upset but its tough. Ofcourse it would be great to stay at the hotel right after the upgrade but who knows if it will be finished!!



          I'm honestly at a loss for words right now. I do NOT want to start the search all over from square one, but at the same time I'm so angry about the situation and don't want to keep my wedding at a Karisma property because I hate the way they've dealt with this situation.

          Any advice? I need wisdom!
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr
          Ladies, I wanted to let you know that we finally booked the AHR! It will be Mardi Gras weekend 2011!
          That sounds awesome!

          #8215 KittenHeart

          KittenHeart
          • Sr. Member
          • 3,103 posts

            Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~Crista-Lee~
            We officially rebooked today! Dreams Puerto Vallarta for April 2011. April 11th will be our wedding date. Yay!!!!!!
            I always thought that was funny too (bad grass)! As far as the cake toppers, I would say it depends on what you planned to do with them. For me, I'm going to sell alot of my stuff when we get back or after our AHR if we use it for that. Our toppers, however, we're going to frame. We got Greek letters made for our respective fraternity/sorority and a "W" that we're all gonna put in a frame. That's the only reason we spent that much on it. I guess if it means that much to you re-order it. If you think it will sit in a box forever...don't waste your money. It's not like you don't have tons of other keepsakes or gorgeous pics to remember your day. P.S. I'm so glad you finally asked me a question. Lol! I felt like our relationship was kinda lop sided too!!
            Ladies, I wanted to let you know that we finally booked the AHR! It will be Mardi Gras weekend 2011!
            CONGRATS!! I'm so jealous! I've never been to NOLA, I just put in some "travel requests" with my travel buddy to go to this year NY (we go every year), GA, & LA. Never been to Georgia & Louisiana!

            #8216 KittenHeart

            KittenHeart
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,103 posts

              Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

              Lindz - here's my updated to do's!

              Kittenheart (Amy)’s To Do’s:

              Book room for someone - Done
              Go get fun stuff @ Party City - Done
              Receive invites and stamps, mail out ASAP - DONE
              Decide on flowers, purch or not - Done, purchased! Peonies baby!
              Receive cupcake papers & toppers & buy cupcake stand - Done, done & DONE
              Receive DH's bowtie & suspenders - DONE
              Order cupcakes - DONE
              Order things on sticks - Not done, decided against
              Go food shopping at Costco for snacks and booze for MOH to bring - DONE
              Pull out cash for transportation - Doing at lunch
              Create guest list to give to Skyloft peeps - Done
              Have MOH email boys to get tacky suits - Done - 50's Elvis - Vintage Vegas theme baby!
              Decide on hair and makeup and get photos for hair/makeup chick artist - Done!
              Get jars for flowers - DONE
              Buy sunglasses, necklaces etc for peeps - DONE
              Have DH get cigars - I don't know if he did this actually...
              Have twin make iPod playlist - Told her too... I have mind MP3 player too

              #8217 MaggieandJay

              MaggieandJay
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,029 posts

                Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                Lindz - here's my updated to do's!

                Kittenheart (Amy)’s To Do’s:

                Book room for someone - Done
                Go get fun stuff @ Party City - Done
                Receive invites and stamps, mail out ASAP - DONE
                Decide on flowers, purch or not - Done, purchased! Peonies baby!
                Receive cupcake papers & toppers & buy cupcake stand - Done, done & DONE
                Receive DH's bowtie & suspenders - DONE
                Order cupcakes - DONE
                Order things on sticks - Not done, decided against
                Go food shopping at Costco for snacks and booze for MOH to bring - DONE
                Pull out cash for transportation - Doing at lunch
                Create guest list to give to Skyloft peeps - Done
                Have MOH email boys to get tacky suits - Done - 50's Elvis - Vintage Vegas theme baby!
                Decide on hair and makeup and get photos for hair/makeup chick artist - Done!
                Get jars for flowers - DONE
                Buy sunglasses, necklaces etc for peeps - DONE
                Have DH get cigars - I don't know if he did this actually...
                Have twin make iPod playlist - Told her too... I have mind MP3 player too
                HAVE A FABULOUS TIME!!! Vegas Baby Vegas!! Can't wait to see pics!!!
                Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

                #8218 MaggieandJay

                MaggieandJay
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,029 posts

                  Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

                  Ladies who have gotten married,
                  Question: For the Reception package - What Private Banquet package did you get? Did you like it? Did it come with the tables and chairs and such or did you have to rent those seperate?
                  Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

                  #8219 KittenHeart

                  KittenHeart
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 3,103 posts

                    Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

                    Thanks Maggie!!! I leave for the airport in 2 hours and this day could not be creeping by any slower!

                    I had a private dinner, Surf & Turf, tables chairs, white linens and napkins came with it, I rented the Chivali chairs instead. Everyone loved the Surf and Turf, it was delish!

                    #8220 meghan

                    meghan
                    • Member
                    • 832 posts

                      Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by daniepps
                      I don't think you'll actually know how many people are coming until the final payment is due and it still may be shaky after that! At one point we had 75 confirmed but that constantly changed. We had one couple pay the deposit for their room and then cancel it and STILL haven't bothered to mention that they cancelled. In addition to that stupidity I had one couple call my TA to book a room and by the time she called them back they told her they booked straight through the hotel! The final payments for the rooms were due May 21st. I've had 3 more people book through the hotel since then and more people still saying they want to come. I've already made my payments for food at the receptions and the chairs so I told FI that if anybody else decides to come they won't be able to sit at the ceremony or have food at the reception or get a OOT bag. I can't keep making adjustments this close to the wedding because people decided to procrastinate!
                      We had a guest put a deposit down, and cancel. We also just had 4 guests book in 24 hours of leaving! I think we are at 50...not even sure!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by daniepps
                      Ok so my final payment was due to the resort on June 16th. Tiffany pressed me and told me that she had to have it by that date. I made it my business to have it to her by that date and guess what............IT'S STILL IN MY ACCOUNT! I sent her an email and she told me it had to be approved by management but she's working on it.
                      Thanks Maggie!!! I leave for the airport in 2 hours and this day could not be creeping by any slower!

                      I had a private dinner, Surf & Turf, tables chairs, white linens and napkins came with it, I rented the Chivali chairs instead. Everyone loved the Surf and Turf, it was delish!
                      Amy, Have a wonderful Vegas wedding! :)

                      We are leaving right now! The limo is here so my message has to be quick! Can't wait to share when we get back :) :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users