• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#6401 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzgillis316
    did she give you cost in regards to the rental of equipment your dj might have to use?
    I think the rental price is $1,500? My DJ doesn't need to rent equipment he's bringing his own.

#6402 taylorwd

taylorwd
    • 932 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Crista, you're welcome! I hope you guys have a fabulous time. We really wanted to do the snorkeling trip but chose the sunset one instead in hopes that our guests wouldn't come back from the sail looking like lobsters. We're hoping to avoid a bunch of bright red skin in our pro pics! The only day we could do it was the day before the wedding and half our guests will only have arrived the day before. They can get burned on their own but we don't want to be responsible for it, LOL.

#6403 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
      • 239 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

That is a great idea! You're very nice to your guests. Since we're taking our guests sailing in Mexico, we figured that would be their "thank you for coming/ we're so happy you're here."[/QUOTE]

How many guests do you have booked? I would love to take my guests sailing but when it is all said and done, I think we will have 65-75 guests. So the boat trip will be very expensive. I still have my heart on doing something special for everyone. What company are you using?
        Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

#6404 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

to the new girls! I've added you to the list. Let me know if I'm still missing someone.

March 2010
          Lolo – March 3, 2010
          Melsha - March 16, 2010
          April 2010
          daifje - April 10, 2010
          taylorwd – April 17, 2010 – Azul Beach
          Aneliese26 – April 19, 2010
          sunkissed bride - April 22, 2010
          May 2010
          27 dresses - May 5, 2010
          LivandScot - May 7, 2010
          KittenHeart - May 8, 2010
          Mocashman – May 10, 2010
          Erinandbrent2010 – May 14, 2010
          Sammyhawk – May 19, 2010
          Renee1811 - May 28, 2010
          Amybermuda – May 29, 2010
          June 2010
          July 2010

meghan - July 2, 2010
          Meesh – July 10, 2009
          momichele – July 24, 2010
          Daniepps – July 31, 2010
          August 2010
          September 2010

Lecreatifbride - Sept 4, 2010
          October 2010
          amandamarieb – October 10, 2010
          November 2010
          ~Crista-Lee~ - November 10, 2010
          dstinationdrmr – November 12, 2010 – 4pm
          December 2010
          mzgillis316 - December 3, 2010
          jaimeburns – December 10, 2010

January 2011
          cjb0arder13 – January 31, 2011 – Azul Beach
          February 2011
          Less is More – February 19, 2011
          March 2011
          April 2011
          May 2011
          JaimeTalis – May 7, 2011
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#6405 rkf1046

rkf1046
          • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

Please add me, I'm booked for 12/11/10. Thanks!

#6406 rkf1046

rkf1046
            • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Regarding the comment about packages, did most everyone buy the basic 'pearl' package and customize (unless planning on the Sky add-on which requires the silver package)? It seems that this may be the way to go if doing a private beach reception?? Also, just trying to get a sense of everything, are most bringing their own centerpieces? I've seen a few posts regarding that.

Thanks ladies for all the help!

#6407 taylorwd

taylorwd
              • 932 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amandamarieb
                How many guests do you have booked? I would love to take my guests sailing but when it is all said and done, I think we will have 65-75 guests. So the boat trip will be very expensive. I still have my heart on doing something special for everyone. What company are you using?
                We only have 28 guests, 6 of which are kids. And the sailing is only for the adults, so 22. Not very many compared to what you're thinking. We used Paradise Catamarans.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Regarding the comment about packages, did most everyone buy the basic 'pearl' package and customize (unless planning on the Sky add-on which requires the silver package)? It seems that this may be the way to go if doing a private beach reception?? Also, just trying to get a sense of everything, are most bringing their own centerpieces? I've seen a few posts regarding that.

Thanks ladies for all the help!
                I'm probably the minority, but we're not doing centerpieces. We have four tables and each will have: rose petals, a menu and signature cocktail card, a picture frame honoring one of our grandparents, maracas, and a sprinkle of confetti in our colors (magenta/coral).

#6408 rkf1046

rkf1046
                • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:31 PM

I'm probably the minority, but we're not doing centerpieces. We have four tables and each will have: rose petals, a menu and signature cocktail card, a picture frame honoring one of our grandparents, maracas, and a sprinkle of confetti in our colors (magenta/coral).
                  Sounds great! So how did you arrange the signature cocktail? Did you give instructions for how to make it and they ask for it at the bar or pre-arrange for some to be made? I am so early in this process...hopefully I'm not getting to far ahead of myself:)

#6409 Afrommert

Afrommert
                  • 369 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by rkf1046
                    Sounds great! So how did you arrange the signature cocktail? Did you give instructions for how to make it and they ask for it at the bar or pre-arrange for some to be made? I am so early in this process...hopefully I'm not getting to far ahead of myself:)
                    I did not have any centerpieces either, we only had 4 tables as well. THey actually put candles on all the tables for us and it looked great!!!

#6410 Afrommert

Afrommert
                    • 369 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mzgillis316
                      thats funny we just got off the phone with one of the coordinators and she said we could bring our own DJ .... why are things so all over the place with these resorts LOLOL eh i guess we'll just have to deal :)
                      LEt me guess... is Tiffany your coordinator? LOL. hahaha, Sorry just thought this was funny!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users