• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#4461 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:38 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by renee1811
    whew, I have had a lot of catching up to do with reading posts. Unfortunately, I did not do a single thing of my to-do list. I am not trying to bring down the (normally!) peppy mood of this board, but this past week has been really difficult. My best friend's fiance (they were getting married in March) was killed in a bad car accident on Christmas day. I have spent the past few days running around town canceling all the different vendors so she won't have to do that.

So I guess, I just want to remind everyone--even though wedding planning can get crazy, at the end of the day, just remember that you are marrying the man you love and that is all that really matters.
    Holy sh*t... this just made my stomach drop. That's so terrible, I don't even know what I would do. You're a good friend, I couldn't imagine also having to do that for someone, too sad.

#4462 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
    • 3,103 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:42 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by momichele
      So we decided on Azul Sensatori tonight after talking with the TA. I am so happy that we decided on a place. We are just waiting to see what day our wedding will take place.
      Congrats and welcome to our thread, we're happy to have you :)

The best advice I can give you (which I know will take some time) is to read through past threads, it really answers most of your questions.

We're also here of course to answer your questions too! As soon as you know the date, let us know and Nicole will add you to our master list.

#4463 renee1811

renee1811
      • 539 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:26 AM

momichele--congrats on picking your resort! I think that is the absolute hardest part of planning a destination wedding. best of luck with all your planning! :)

#4464 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
        • 821 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:27 AM

Quote:
          whew, I have had a lot of catching up to do with reading posts. Unfortunately, I did not do a single thing of my to-do list. I am not trying to bring down the (normally!) peppy mood of this board, but this past week has been really difficult. My best friend's fiance (they were getting married in March) was killed in a bad car accident on Christmas day. I have spent the past few days running around town canceling all the different vendors so she won't have to do that.

So I guess, I just want to remind everyone--even though wedding planning can get crazy, at the end of the day, just remember that you are marrying the man you love and that is all that really matters.
          oh my gosh, Renee. This is just awful...sent shivers up my spine!!! I feel so terrible for her...how is she holding up?

#4465 meghan

meghan
          • 832 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

Quote:

OMG, how sad. I'm so sorry for you and your friend. That really puts things into perspective.

#4466 meghan

meghan
            • 832 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

I'm trying to decide on a location for our private dinner and dance. Do you girls have any suggestions?

#4467 Afrommert

Afrommert
              • 369 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

Megan, I choose the plaza outdoor area. One of the past brides said since its between buildings its less windy . and its still outside so its gonna be fab! There are pics of the theard somwhere?

#4468 Afrommert

Afrommert
                • 369 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

Hey Girls, Or maybe NICOLE i should say, does anyone know there BEER selection at the resort? I asked Tiffany for a list and the only beer on there was xxx lager?

#4469 Afrommert

Afrommert
                  • 369 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:35 PM

katken has pics for Zavaz Plaza. And thats where Im having my outdoor private reception and dj!

#4470 renee1811

renee1811
                    • 539 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

thanks everyone for the kind words of support. my friend is holding up as well as can be expected right now...luckily, she has a large family and group of friends, so she has a lot of support right now to help her get through this hard time.

but this brings me to my dilemma. She and her fiance were booked for our wedding in May. I think it's too soon right now to even bring that up, but the final payments will be due in March. How do I bring the topic up with her? I would totally understand her not wanting to go, and would support her completely in that decision. I just don't even know how to ask. Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users