#18491 Jennypert

Jennypert
  • Site Supporter
  • 225 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

@Jennypert Where did you find your maracas? I'm looking to get maracas for my welcome party and reception.

I got the maracas from Amois.com and find them by going through Amazon.

I love the photo of you and your husband on the sky deck! Do you mind me asking who your photographer was? I am so back and forth about photography given that Azul only lets you choose from two without a vendor fee!

I used Caribe Photo. But, based on comments I have read from others, I was lucky to get Denise as the photographer. She was very knowledgeable about the best locations for shots around the resort. Here are a couple of my favorites.

Attached Files

#18492 lauralc

lauralc
  • Site Supporter
  • 17 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • LocationPuerto Morales Mexico

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

The kids menu I received was one of 4 options, 1) chicken fingers and fries, 2) hamburger and fries, 3) Mac and cheese, 4) cheese pizza. They are free of charge for kiddos under 12. I was told by my WC that they prefer to have all the kids eating the same thing. We only have 4 kids coming so I don't think it will be a big deal. Hope that helps!

#18493 carrieandsam

carrieandsam
  • 208 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 17, 2015
  • LocationNewport Beach, California

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

@Jennypert.
Thank you for the info on the maracas.
I love thst your glasses March the red of your wedding. So clever and cute

#18494 ShannonLeAnn

ShannonLeAnn
  • 8 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 25, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mexico

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

I got the maracas from Amois.com and find them by going through Amazon.

I used Caribe Photo. But, based on comments I have read from others, I was lucky to get Denise as the photographer. She was very knowledgeable about the best locations for shots around the resort. Here are a couple of my favorites.

Thats who we are going to go with, Caribe. But I feel like I have seen nothing but negative reviews. Were you happy with your photos? Did you get a video as well? I am so nervous!

The kids menu I received was one of 4 options, 1) chicken fingers and fries, 2) hamburger and fries, 3) Mac and cheese, 4) cheese pizza. They are free of charge for kiddos under 12. I was told by my WC that they prefer to have all the kids eating the same thing. We only have 4 kids coming so I don't think it will be a big deal. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for that information! We have about 6 kids coming so I hope they work with me as well!

@ShannonLeAnn There were a bunch of desserts included in the BBQ deluxe so I wasn't worried about size.  I wanted a small cake that I could use for my cake topper for pictures.  The estimate of 6-10 sounds accurate.  By the time cake is served people had had drinks and dinner. There was just 1 piece of cake left at the end of the night.  There were quite a few desserts left as well with 60 people eating. Hope this helps!

Thanks Kendra! That does help! I thought about doing like a DIY Candy Bar, but then I wasn't too sure. It's so hard to make final decisions in all this!

I appreciate everyones help!

Does anyone have templates for luggage tags? I want to order the plastic tags and ties to save money but can't find a decent template anywhere! Or know where I can create and purchase luggae tag inserts!

Edited by ShannonLeAnn, 26 February 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#18495 prater0420

prater0420
  • 7 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 9, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori-Riviera Maya
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

Hi Everyone! 

Do any of you have examples of the itineraries you have used/are using to give guests over your wedding week or weekend? That would be so helpful! 

#18496 Jennypert

Jennypert
  • Site Supporter
  • 225 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
  • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:58 PM

Thats who we are going to go with, Caribe. But I feel like I have seen nothing but negative reviews. Were you happy with your photos? Did you get a video as well? I am so nervous!

Thanks so much for that information! We have about 6 kids coming so I hope they work with me as well!

Thanks Kendra! That does help! I thought about doing like a DIY Candy Bar, but then I wasn't too sure. It's so hard to make final decisions in all this!

I appreciate everyones help!
Does anyone have templates for luggage tags? I want to order the plastic tags and ties to save money but can't find a decent template anywhere! Or know where I can create and purchase luggae tag inserts!

. I created my own inserts using a business card format from Vistaprint. It was really simple and fairly cheap. The hard part was finding the luggage tags.

Yes. I was happy with the photos and very happy with the turn around time. A friend recommended that I pay extra for a second photographer but I chose to have one for a longer time. However, one of my friends also provided a lot of really nice photos. No, I did not do video.

#18497 linaco80

linaco80
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:39 AM

@kmccabe14 Yes we were informed 2 days before and we were moved to Generations...the best could have happened to us LOL but we could not do our wedding there because it was too expensive

@carrieandsam I got mine from Amols, not sure if you got this info :) they are REALLY nice

Edited by linaco80, 27 February 2015 - 05:42 AM.

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/
    event.png
    [/url]

#18498 carrieandsam

carrieandsam
    • 208 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

@linaco yes @Jennypert told me Anika. Thank you

#18499 linaco80

linaco80
    • 264 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

@carrieandsam Do you mean Amols?

Has anyone tried OR remember the vanilla rum cake and coconut cake?

I want those but I want to make sure what flavor goes on the bottom and what flavor goes on top for a 2 tier cake? 

Also are you planning to do any filling?

Thanks for any help!!

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/
      event.png
      [/url]

#18500 carrieandsam

carrieandsam
      • 208 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

Yes I did