#16901 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by JMK923 

Hi! If you look back through the thread this question came up before. I believe you can bring your own sand but I don't think you can take it out of Mexico to bring home.

Sand.....if you are bringing sand which is purchased at a store (ie. colored) you can use it at the resort. Or use the sand offered by the resort (which is prepacked and cleaned sand). HOWEVER, you cannot bring sand back from the beach (technically). Customs considers it an organic substance which is not allowed to cross the border.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#16902 KTBeach2014

KTBeach2014
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hi Jenny,

Did you have your hair and makeup done at the resort?  If so, who did you use?  You look beautiful!  :)   Also, how far in advance did you make your appointments for the day of the wedding?

Thanks! :)

#16903 KTBeach2014

KTBeach2014
    • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hi Jenny,

Did you have your hair and makeup done at the resort?  If so, who did you use?  You look beautiful!  :)   Also, how far in advance did you make your appointments for the day of the wedding?

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

Hello ladies!!! It has been quite a while since I've been on here! First off, a big CONGRATS to all the newlyweds =)

I have been enjoying married life since our May 18th wedding, and we still cannot believe it's all over & done with.

I was joking with some friends that I need to find a new hobby now that the planning is over haha!

We still haven't had much time to catch up on writing reviews and what not, but I'd love to share some pictures we just got from our photographers- Shenko Photography. I HIGHLY recommend them, Eugenia and Erik are beyond talented and super easy to work with! Their price was one of the best for the value, we had them for 8 hours [plus about 1hr early they arrived at the spa which they didn't charge for!]; We also did the TTD at a local cenote from 6AM to 12PM. We were so happy with our choice, and I'm sure the pix say it all! One day I promise to give you all a detailed review and also a planning thread =)

Sorry I know there are a lot of pix, but I love them all so much!!!

xo Jen

#16904 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
      • Site Supporter
      • 62 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

I have a ODD question. I have been to Riveria Maya many many times and stayed at 3-4 other resorts. They all had the Iguanas wondering all over the property. To all the resent brides or those who have visited Azul Sensatori, do they have Iguanas wondering the property?

No one has mentioned it. Silly me I got my nephews children's "Learning about Iguanas" for their welcome bag. Will be meaningless if there not on the property. LOL

Thanks

#16905 MMK0386

MMK0386
        • 367 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
        • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

I have a ODD question. I have been to Riveria Maya many many times and stayed at 3-4 other resorts. They all had the Iguanas wondering all over the property. To all the resent brides or those who have visited Azul Sensatori, do they have Iguanas wondering the property? No one has mentioned it. Silly me I got my nephews children's "Learning about Iguanas" for their welcome bag. Will be meaningless if there not on the property. LOL Thanks

I was just there at the end of June and they were all over! :)

#16906 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
        • Site Supporter
        • 62 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

I was just there at the end of June and they were all over! :)

Oh great... I assumed. But I always hate to assume... LOL Thank you :)

#16907 phsexxy

phsexxy
          • 49 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

Does anyone remember the name of the party supply store that is local where we can get vases, besides going to walmart?

#16908 murmel

murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by phsexxy 

Does anyone remember the name of the party supply store that is local where we can get vases, besides going to walmart?

Never noticed the name of the store, and it was over 2 years ago. I took a look with Google maps, and to be honest, I think the spot where the store was is now a bank....so not even sure it even exists anymore. (again, not sure how up to date Google streetview is) But Market 23 is the food/party market area, so if there is a spot to find those types of supplies I would guess it would be there. Good luck!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#16909 avaya

avaya
            • Site Supporter
            • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

has anyone used any one of the two approved photographers?   i cannot find any comments/reviews on either one of them?

#16910 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
              • 338 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hi KTBeach2014!!

Yes I had my hair & make-up done at the resort spa. Angelis did both for me, she was wonderful. I wanted my hair down, but wind and humidity made me think otherwise. I was going for a looser look, but honestly, I'm glad she did it the way she did b/c it kept all day & night! I took advantage of the bridal hair & makeup preview- b/c I was nervous about letting someone other than my hair stylist from NYC touch my hair haha But all went well she understood the little things I asked her to change and wound up really happy with the results! I booked the appointments for myself as well as my bridal party & parents about a month in advance, through the WC. I wanted it to be taken care of before we arrived, then just followed up with the spa when we checked in and all was confirmed :)

Happy planning!

Originally Posted by KTBeach2014 

Hi Jenny,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users