Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#15021 adilev

adilev
  • Newbie
  • 5 posts

    Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

    Me and my guy are working with a TA who highly recommends the Azuls; we are having a hard time deciding between Sensatori, Fives and Beaches, what made you decide on Sensatori ?!

     

    Any input greatly appreciated!



    #15022 2ndtimesacharm

    2ndtimesacharm
    • Banned
    • 100 posts

      Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

      Ladies - here are some pics that my WC sent me of the rooftop lounge decorated for a wedding.  This is their alternate location in case of rain.  It put my mind at ease to see the setup so I thought you'd like to see it too.  Obviously I hope no one has rain on their wedding day but it's not looking good for us!!

       

      Rooftop Garden 5.JPG

       

      Rooftop Garden 6.JPG


      Azul Sensatori ~ June 26, 2012


      #15023 tkuzma

      tkuzma
      • Jr. Member
      • 418 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

      Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

      Fingers crossed for you Dori! Praying the rain clouds stay away :)


      My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/


      #15024 ChelseyB

      ChelseyB
      • Newbie
      • 37 posts

        Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

        ohh that spot is quite beautiful. thanks for posting



        #15025 JennyBenz

        JennyBenz
        • Jr. Member
        • 338 posts

          Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

          Hi there!! Welcome to the forum =)

          I also had this same dilemma! I went with my FI down there to check them all out back in April. Here's a breakdown of the difference between the hotels:

           

          Azul Fives: We stayed here, and the accomodations are top notch! They upgraded us to a penthouse suite with it's own private roofdeck with jacuzzi, beds, and even a BBQ! It's a very small resort, narrow but long. It's a very boutique-like setting, but there were tons of families there! There are two pools and lots of activities for kids & adults. The restaurants were all superb, the best all inclusive food we've EVER had! But, our downside was the beach. Don't plan on swimming infront of the resort, it's covered in coral & rocks. VERY rocky, you have to walk down a few minutes to be able to jump in. We also got to see a wedding go on while we there, it was on the beach. It was in the middle of everyone and right infront of the infinity pool . So as long as you're OK with having other guests nearby or in the pool watching, this shouldn't be a problem. Also, this is the farthest of the Azuls- it's about 45 min from airport.

           

          Azul Beach: Althuogh a tad bigger than the Fives, it's very similar to the concepts above. Beach was beautiful and larger, perfect for a wedding! We didn't get to see the rooms, as they were at full capacitity We actually wanted to have our wedding here, but there were no dates avaialable! In the same area as the Azul Beach and about 20 mintues from airport.

           

          Azul Sensatori: The largest of all the Azuls. Has sections specifically for kids & adults. The resort is huge, beautiful beach & rooms. Has some great "premium" section rooms with swim up jacuzzi suites & butler service! The food is pretty similar to all the other resorts. Lots to do during the  day & night for kids & adults. We chose to have our wedding here b/c it can better serve our needs: 1- lots of room choices to better suit our guests' needs. 2- great food & service, and 3- a perfect location for our wedding. We wanted an area for our ceremony that was intimate & away from the other hotel guests.

           

          Hope this helps =)

           

          Originally Posted by adilev 

          Me and my guy are working with a TA who highly recommends the Azuls; we are having a hard time deciding between Sensatori, Fives and Beaches, what made you decide on Sensatori ?!

           

          Any input greatly appreciated!



          #15026 ELAINENYC

          ELAINENYC
          • Site Supporter
          • 156 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 10, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riveria Maya, Mexico
          • LocationNew York, NY

          Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

          Dori - thanks for posting those pics! Much better than the one i posted! lol.  Keeping my fingers crossed that mother nature will rain somewhere else!!!



          #15027 tkuzma

          tkuzma
          • Jr. Member
          • 418 posts
          • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

          Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

          Happy start of the weekend!

           

          I a a bit frustrated, and I think other brides are the only ones who truly understand!  We decided to forgo doing an OOT bag, but instead are doing custom tote beach bags for our guests.  After considering the methods to do this, I thought I'd buy stencils and paint- well after spending an hour very carefully prepping and lining and taping stencils in place and applying several coats of paint, the project turned out to be disastorous!!! :( The paint leaked outside of the stencil edges.  That resulted in 2 trips back and forth to Michael's for alternate supplies, but again more disaster! So a good 5 hrs down the drain

           

          Silk screening is out of the question because it'll be too expensive per item.  Initially I didn't want to do iron on transfer images because my bags are black, so unless the design is in a perfect square or circle that I can cut out, I'll have the white of the transfer paper go on to the bag, which I don't want.  But now I think I will have to redesign what I want on the bags and attempt the iron on route...wish me luck! I like DIY, but oh man, sometimes it can be so frustrating!!!


          My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/


          #15028 ELAINENYC

          ELAINENYC
          • Site Supporter
          • 156 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 10, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riveria Maya, Mexico
          • LocationNew York, NY

          Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

          Originally Posted by tkuzma 

          Happy start of the weekend!

           

          I a a bit frustrated, and I think other brides are the only ones who truly understand!  We decided to forgo doing an OOT bag, but instead are doing custom tote beach bags for our guests.  After considering the methods to do this, I thought I'd buy stencils and paint- well after spending an hour very carefully prepping and lining and taping stencils in place and applying several coats of paint, the project turned out to be disastorous!!! :( The paint leaked outside of the stencil edges.  That resulted in 2 trips back and forth to Michael's for alternate supplies, but again more disaster! So a good 5 hrs down the drain

           

          Silk screening is out of the question because it'll be too expensive per item.  Initially I didn't want to do iron on transfer images because my bags are black, so unless the design is in a perfect square or circle that I can cut out, I'll have the white of the transfer paper go on to the bag, which I don't want.  But now I think I will have to redesign what I want on the bags and attempt the iron on route...wish me luck! I like DIY, but oh man, sometimes it can be so frustrating!!!


          GRRRR...how fustrating! I am sure you will figure it out and the totes will be perfect with intense labor of love!! :) I def give you a lot of credit!!! That is one DYI project i will not attempt! I wish I could give you some tips but I am sooo not crafty or creative. 

           

          I am attempting to do personalized picture frame, of course with the help of a friend.  We will be visiting Michael's this Sun to do a mockup...so wish me luck. Since I am having the photo booth and each guest will receive a 5'7' picture, I thought it would be a good idea to have a personalized frame for them to place it in.

          Good luck and i can't wait to see the totes!! I am cheering you on from NY



          #15029 DawnDean

          DawnDean
          • Site Supporter
          • 99 posts

            Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

            Originally Posted by ELAINENYC 


            GRRRR...how fustrating! I am sure you will figure it out and the totes will be perfect with intense labor of love!! :) I def give you a lot of credit!!! That is one DYI project i will not attempt! I wish I could give you some tips but I am sooo not crafty or creative. 

             

            I am attempting to do personalized picture frame, of course with the help of a friend.  We will be visiting Michael's this Sun to do a mockup...so wish me luck. Since I am having the photo booth and each guest will receive a 5'7' picture, I thought it would be a good idea to have a personalized frame for them to place it in.

            Good luck and i can't wait to see the totes!! I am cheering you on from NY

            hi.. where did you find the photo booth?  I dont' see it on Lomas Travel.  Sounds fun!



            #15030 DawnDean

            DawnDean
            • Site Supporter
            • 99 posts

              Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

              Keep trying.. you will get it and they will look great!  The OOT bags are really adding up!






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users