19262 replies to this topic

#14561 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

Cute video Melissa! I think it's always windy there LOL :) Love the purple color.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#14562 missmely

missmely
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

thanks! so sad it's over.

Just waiting to get all of my pictures so I can do a planning thread :)

#14563 tkuzma

tkuzma
    • 418 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mnd3A 

Hi ladies,

We are having the reception on the beach - we're at 99 total guests (FINAL!).  We are offering chicken, steak, or a vegetarian dish.

I reserved the Maroma Beach catamaran through Lomas at $54 per person (includes appetizers, drinks, r/t transfer from hotel).

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I hope to have my reception on the beach as well.  I've read through the first 500 pages of this thread, and back then some people commented that the beach gets quite windy- have you heard anything about this? Are you renting a tent? What part of the beach is your reception going to be on?

Thanks for your help!

~Tamara~

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#14564 missmely

missmely
    • 151 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

Hi Tamara,

it's honestly windy anywhere you go especially if you get a windy day like ours. We had our reception at Plaza Zavaz and it was just as windy as on the roof top.

Melissa

Originally Posted by tkuzma 

Hi Amanda,

I hope to have my reception on the beach as well.  I've read through the first 500 pages of this thread, and back then some people commented that the beach gets quite windy- have you heard anything about this? Are you renting a tent? What part of the beach is your reception going to be on?

Thanks for your help!

~Tamara~

#14565 poopooshishi

poopooshishi
      • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've kicked my wedding planning into high gear and I'm coming across many obstacles re: flowers so I'm turning to you ladies on this forum for some guidance.

1) Has anyone used flowers outside of Lomas? If so, does anyone have any recommendations??
        2) Is it possible to purchase some things from Lomas and other items (eg. bridal/bm bouquet) elsewhere?

3) If there are no options for outside vendors, can Lomas customize the flowers?

Thank you in advance ladies - I'm not very happy with the selection they have for us and I have a feeling they're overpriced, but with an $800 outside vendor fee I hope our possible florist will have prices that would be more worth it.

Hope to hear ya'll!

SL

#14566 poopooshishi

poopooshishi
        • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by KittenHeart 

Quote:
          Originally Posted by daniepps
          I just looked at my wedding ticker and saw that it's 1 month, 1 week and 1 day til the wedding. I'm still waiting for the "excited bride" feeling to kick in. We're having a pre-wedding meet and greet this weekend so I'm sure I'll get the feeling then. Time is flying. I'll be in Mexico sooner than I think!
          Woo, I remember that day seeing my 1,1,1!

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get 'excited bride' feeling until we got TO the airport in LA... seriously it really hit me when I was on the plane about to land!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach
          Okay ladies who have already married at AS, I have two dumb questions for you:

1) If I bring my own real touch flowers, will AS still charge me anything and consider that an "outside vendor" choice?

2) Are the electric outlets in the hotel the same adapter as the US? I'm already making hair plans and need to make sure that there are no adapter conversion issues for my flat iron like Europe. :-)
          There are no dumb questions my friend!

No they will not charge you, they may charge you a setup fee. Just to give you an idea, I brought SO much stuff with me, all my flowers, paper lanterns, string lights, votives, menu's programs, you name it I brought it. They charged me a total of $180 to set it all up which was worth it. I gave them A LOT. I also mentioned to her, "there has got to be a bride that brought more than this with her right?" to which she responded, "ummm, no, you win" <--- oops :)

The outlet's are standard US outlets, you're good!

Kittenheart,

you brought your flowers from home? Were they real or silk flowers??
          I am looking at my flower options and I feel like I have no choice but to use lomas, which I'm not satisfied with...=(

#14567 jsal4

jsal4
          • 87 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

I was not thrilled about the flower options either. I decided to get silk flowers and after a lot of research, I found www.bloombridal.com. They had so many good reviews and I loved their flowers! The colors are so bright and vivid. Plus they won't wilt! I will also be using them as centerpieces for my tables. Below are the flowers I ordered for my bouquet and they are creating a matching boutonniere for my fiance. My bridesmaids are going to have small bouquets with just the purple plumerias and the groomsmen purple plumeria boutonnieres.  Good luck on your search!

Hi Everyone,

I've kicked my wedding planning into high gear and I'm coming across many obstacles re: flowers so I'm turning to you ladies on this forum for some guidance.

1) Has anyone used flowers outside of Lomas? If so, does anyone have any recommendations??
            2) Is it possible to purchase some things from Lomas and other items (eg. bridal/bm bouquet) elsewhere?

3) If there are no options for outside vendors, can Lomas customize the flowers?

Thank you in advance ladies - I'm not very happy with the selection they have for us and I have a feeling they're overpriced, but with an $800 outside vendor fee I hope our possible florist will have prices that would be more worth it.

Hope to hear ya'll!

SL

"Where there is love, there is life."

#14568 tkuzma

tkuzma
            • 418 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Any recent brides on here who had their reception on the beach?

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#14569 tkuzma

tkuzma
            • 418 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by missmely 

Hi ladies,

just wanted to show you a preview of my trash the dress, as a side note, we walked over to the azul fives beach which is much cleaner. It's past the nudist resort! My photographer was SaraWilde.com :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Your pics so far are gorgeous! I just browsed at your photographer's site, and she has done some beautiful work.  I am currently looking into photographers, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing how much you paid in total for Sara to photograph your wedding!

Thanks a ton!

#14570 jennaba3

jennaba3
            • 210 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

Gorgeous video! Your dress looks exactly like mine.. Is it a San Patrick?? xxxx

Originally Posted by missmely 

ah! we just got the short edit of our ceremony, take a look!

windiest day ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users